Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
EA Ghia

Default Rims

Looking into getting a set of rims for my car, but really not sure where to look. I'm in the South Eastern suburbs (Dandenong, basically) but there's no decent places around except for the Tyre Factory (and places like Bob-Jane). Surely there's somewhere else where I can find a bigger variety of rims than that place.

Also, I was looking at getting a set of AU Series II Tickford rims, but I'm pretty sure I'd need spacers for them, correct? Which would basically mean the car is illegal? Is there some way of getting these rims in an E-Series offset, or am I basically screwed??

EA Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
kelaserbro
Dose'in around town...

hey mate you can get the AU2 XR rims in E-Series offset. iv just recently sold a set.

!^_^ Yay Shed clean out!!! ^_^!
Great stuff,
going at negotiable prices.

Click 4 Link.

W.T.B.- EF/L fairmont front bar "complete"
& belt driven yabby pump, preferably red
kelaserbro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
falcon351
HANK

theyre the ones i wanted. simple, classy 5 spoke, and easy to clean. ebay is allrite for 2nd hand stuff
Shift kit!
Tinted windows n tail lights.
Pioneer 200w flip face head unit
600w pioneer sub backed by my nu 640W kenwood 4 way amp
Eclipse 6x9s and 6's
Clear front and side indicators
115 rwkw on regular, not bad for pod, catbak!

Back on the rd! nothing can stop us, not a defect or even a stoby pole!! BAHAHA NEVER SAY DIE!!!
falcon351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try www.wheelsdirect.com.au they do all the factory copies in e-series offset and their prices are decent i got a set of BA xr8 copies in 17" and couldnt be happier with them
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

yeah the range of e-series offset rims are very slim. so basically you are pritty much stuck with the stuff from the tyre factory ect. have a look at the rims database.

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #6
EDXR6T

Hub adapter's Will open the door for a wider selection of rim's.

But there considered illegal.
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
Pouki
Crusin

go down to motorsport on princess hwy there good guys and should do a good price for ya
Pouki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELmalaca
go down to motorsport on princess hwy there good guys and should do a good price for ya
And they one this hot car..............lol

Not that it helps you out....................

Why hasn't any one posted up the link to e-series.com that shows all the wheels available for e-series?

This would help him out hugely....................?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #9
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

The tyre Facotry in Dande have a nice as sest of Lenso's 18" for $1700 with low profiles lock nuts n all...
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #10
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Try tyre's plus in berwick, that's were i got my bonspeeds from.

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #11
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
You'd be on their christmas card list then

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Why hasn't any one posted up the link to e-series.com that shows all the wheels available for e-series?

:

E-Series Rims Database click here:- http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=2686

Also there is an easier one somewhere that John did but I dont have a link to that

Maybe another member can add that link as it just about shows all the wheels available and what they look like

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 22-01-2007, 12:44 AM   #13
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look up some of the wheel places in Sydney (Tempe Tyres etc), they freight them down fitted and balanced for about $90. They have way more wheels than the crap places down here. Also check out www.wheelboyz.com.au for something a bit different.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #14
Pouki
Crusin

Quote:
And they one this hot car..............lol

Not that it helps you out....................

this is my mates car :> it's so nice gotta love it his brother has got an awesome VY SS ute dumpt on some chromies aswell cheers
Pouki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #15
EA Ghia

Thanks for all the replies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
Look up some of the wheel places in Sydney (Tempe Tyres etc), they freight them down fitted and balanced for about $90. They have way more wheels than the crap places down here. Also check out www.wheelboyz.com.au for something a bit different.
Some nice rims on those sites. Shipping down would be a last resort, if I can get them down here I'd rather do that, instead of having them shipped. Will definately keep those sites in mind though!!

Quote:
E-Series Rims Database click here:- http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=2686

Also there is an easier one somewhere that John did but I dont have a link to that
I checked out that page, theres quite a few there that have pictures, and they help a lot, but I still like to keep my options open by looking at different types of rims...Although, the Tickford ones i mentioned earlier are ideal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Thanks, I'll check them out, it's just down the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid34
The tyre Facotry in Dande have a nice as sest of Lenso's 18" for $1700 with low profiles lock nuts n all...
Which ones are the Lenso's? Tried looking around for what I thought were the Lenso's on their website, but couldn't find them. Not that I know many Rim names! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELmalaca
Sounds good, I'll check them out. They're just after the Power Road turnoff on the Princes Highway, yeh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
Hub adapter's Will open the door for a wider selection of rim's.

But there considered illegal.
Probably the question that will result in what type of Rims I get. When you say 'illegal', do you mean illegal as in 'cops will notice straight away you shouldn't have those rims, don't even bother', or 'they're illegal, but as long as you don't drive like an idiot, as long as you don't need a roadworthy, you'll be fine'?

Thanks for the help to everyone else too. Why are Rims so expensive, and so hard to choose?! A lump of alloy shouldn't really be so expensive.. :yeees:
Old 22-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #16
EA Ghia

Checked out a few places and got some quotes and stuff.

The two that stood out were a set of BSA's with spacers, tyres, fitted, etc for $1550 for 17's and $1800 for 18's. Can't find a picture of them anywhere though.

The other ones were from the Tyre Factory, and are a set of 17' Lenso's completely fitted for $1300 (which can be found on the bottom of this page http://www.lkmwheels.co.uk/f_bybrand.asp?brandNN=LENSO).

Leaning towards the Lenso's as they look pretty nice, and they fit straight on without any spacers or anything. Hopefully getting them in the next week or two!!
Old 22-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #17
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

If you can afford it try and get 18" as you will always want bigger

Also the price of 18" tyres are reducing as there are so many cars out there needing 18" tyres than over 12 months ago.........

But yeah the Lenso's do look good.............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 22-01-2007, 09:31 PM   #18
EDXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper483
Probably the question that will result in what type of Rims I get. When you say 'illegal', do you mean illegal as in 'cops will notice straight away you shouldn't have those rims, don't even bother', or 'they're illegal, but as long as you don't drive like an idiot, as long as you don't need a roadworthy, you'll be fine'?
It's not the rim its the adaptor that's illegal. most cops wont even notice if the wheel is the right offset for the car or not.

Ive been pulled over with hub adaters before and they were clearly visible
Main resson the cop puled me over for was to chek the load weight on the tyer's so he was lookign at the wheel's a fair bit and he didnt even notice them.

People say they are dangerous as the load is concentrated on the hub adapter not the hub it self. But ive got a mate thats been driveing around on 18's with hub adaptors for about 2 years and he has never had a probleam.

You just have to use lock tight and get some dust cover's which go in between the hub adapter and the wheel and it hide's the hub adapter completly.

But they are illegal so if cops get you with them on you'l get a cannary and RWC wont pass them but thats easy enough to get around.

It's your choice I for one love them.
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #19
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

There was an article in Street Machine about Hub Adapters and they said it was not advisable to have them fitted as they aren't safe.........

4 x Hub Adapters will be about $250, add that to the cost of the rims, and then if is not a huge diff...........

There are 19" Rims for sale on another forum wih Hub Adapters for $1,600 but they are in NSW.......... he just put brand new 265/30/19 kuhmo 10kms on them & but front tyres need replacing.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 22-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #20
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

Defintely check out Motorsport Wheels & Tyres, as a few people have already said, I got my rims from there and they were $500-600 cheaper than all the other places I checked out, here is their site

http://www.mswt.com.au/
Old 22-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #21
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah get at least 18's like DR HEMI said - 17's are the new 'stockies'.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #22
Green_Machine
Professional Expert

If you're like me, you prefer the newer look wheels rather than the ROH / CSA / old XR6/8 rims...
I'm about to buy new rims in the next couple of weeks, and am very interested in Koya Octanes.
I've found 18s for $1800 fitted with rubber. Can anyone beat that?

http://www.allwheels.com.au/index.ph...2024_imageid=6

(What I really want are Advanti Karlas or similar, but this is impossible in Pre-AU offset!)

Also, I hear that the standard rubber is not great. Can anyone recommend a tyre 'upsize' that I could get - total cost looking at about $2K?
Green_Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #23
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper483
.............Also, I was looking at getting a set of AU Series II Tickford rims.............Is there some way of getting these rims in an E-Series offset, or am I basically screwed??
Have a look at the Tradig post..........

I have already inputed the search for "PRE+AU" so click here and you will get all the wheels on the Trading Post that are e-series offset or pre+au

There is even some AU2 XR8 Rims there...........

click here:- http://www.autotrader.com.au/search/...6+Accessories_

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 25-01-2007, 02:11 AM   #24
pHaT`eL
Banned

On the topic of adapters, I've found a set of rims I like that come with the 'wide pack' 19x8 fronts and 19x9.5 rears.
Ive been told to fit post-AU rims on an e-series, only the front need the adapters to clear suspension, but the rears dont.
If I was to get the wider rear wheels, would it be safe to run them without the adapters?
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #25
BROCKYB8
YEAH IT IS A FORD

WELL HUB adapters are not suppose to be good for your rimsive heard.
Also there are a few available for pre au at place in performance shopin hallam