Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Angry stickers - a short rant

Now, I don't mean to put anyone down here, but what the hell is with stupid stickers on cars. Now, I'm all for one or 2, saying something funny or maybe giving some indication as to the contents of the engine bay. Last night, I was cruising around Bundy and I noticed that most cars there have at least 2 stickers, most saying something stupid. Reminds me of that fast and the furious cartoon thing doing the rounds here recently "do we have enough stickers and a big enough wing to win?" One brilliant example is a VK, looked stocko, couldn't keep up with me in my mates fairlane at half throttle. He had a sticker on the back that read "There is no substitute for horsepower!". I looked at it, thought for a bit, then realised there is, and it is sitting right under the bonnet of that commo. He had another sticker down the bottom of the rear windscreen too, can't remember what it was though. Another pearler was a VR with "When the clutch drops the bull stops". You may find it interesting to note that it was an auto. I'd love to see him drop the clutch. Anyway, I should probably get back to work and quit ranting on about idiots in commodores.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:08 AM   #2
MrQuan
Social Disaster

I hate "Bad B!tch" stickers!! Also had the <insert car make here> RACING stickers!! Like HYUNDAI RACING, er... yeah dude, you race that bi-atch...

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Or the other good one is, "back off, the bites" Actually, I love seeing "Bad " on a chicks car with her boyfriend driving it. There is a crappy VN that gets around here with "My other toy has a dick" written on the back windscreen. The owner's boyfriend often drives it. I pulled up next to him at a set of lights one day and said "Your missus got a dick?" He wasn't too happy. Teach him for driving her car. lol
Old 08-07-2005, 09:15 AM   #4
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
There is a crappy VN that gets around here with "My other toy has a dick" written on the back windscreen. The owner's boyfriend often drives it. I pulled up next to him at a set of lights one day and said "Your missus got a dick?" He wasn't too happy. Teach him for driving her car. lol
Hahaha, that's awesome :hihi:

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I'm often tempted to get out at the lights and go shake their car to find out just how "BAD" they are...
Old 08-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #6
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogdoc
Yeah, I'm often tempted to get out at the lights and go shake their car to find out just how "BAD" they are...
Yeah, that, or, walk up to them and point the finger and tell them just how bad they have been!(in a cranky rousing mother kind of voice)
Old 08-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Agreed, the other one that gets me sometimes is huge big website stickers. I know we have FF stickers and i dont mind them - but these huge big stickers that go up the entire side of the bloody car proclaiming "calaisturbo.com"or something similar really annoy me, especially when they're on stock VL's.

Another common one around here is the owners name on teenage girl P plate cars i.e. 'TASHA LEE' in big pink letters on the front of an 80-something Telstar. I swear there was no part of the interior that wasnt pink.

And the final one is dealership stickers/window tinters etc. I know they have to advertise their business and all but I find it very annoying when they whack their logo on my car without my consent.

I have one sticker on the back window of my car - a custom designed one (the logo from my guitar actually), it is the only one on it and that is how it will stay.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:42 AM   #8
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah there are some shockers around...what makes me laugh is those stickers with a boy ****ing on a holden/ford badge when clearly the car it is on will struggle to beat a 120Y.

And all those hippy ones are annoying also - but then again it is good entertainment most of the time.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 11:43 AM   #9
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

I've seen a Supra with one of those "**** on jap crap stickers"... I laughed my **** off for ages. Got a photo somewhere...
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #10
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
I hate "Bad B!tch" stickers!!
Yep, I do too. Playboy bunny stickers, 'Bad Girl' stickers and the ones stretched across the top of the windscreen telling us what car it is.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #11
big_pete
Sublime

haha, their some shockers
my dad used to sell these stickers, so his car was covered with them, but he always said he would never normally put any stickers on his car.

ive only got a AFF sticker and a StreetMachine sticker on my car.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:59 AM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
haha, their some shockers
my dad used to sell these stickers, so his car was covered with them, but he always said he would never normally put any stickers on his car.

ive only got a AFF sticker and a StreetMachine sticker on my car.
Did you take the flames and the FPV stickers off?! caught! Ive seen yuor car before (saw it last night actually).
Old 08-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #13
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

A certain former member of my Fire Brigade (NSW Rural Fire Service) had an old blue VN. Stuck huge red and white reflective stickers saying 'FIRE' on the sides of his car and on the bonnet, put a red and white chequer pattern reflective strip down the sides and on the bumpers and even went to the trouble of installing amber strobes on the dash and rear parcel shelf. He also had some dodgey siren fitted (I think it had its origins as a car alarm) and used to drive around with two amber beacons on his roof!

I'll try and get photos, I still see his car around every now and then...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:24 PM   #14
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Oh my god thats terrible. Nearly as bad in my books as having the one that says "mum's Taxi". I refuse to put that on my car even though it is taxi. Maybe i should get one that just says, "Mother is on Valium, due to pressures of demanding children, please rate my driving". Nah just joking.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #15
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

my mate used to have a sticker on his M3 that said:

"WARNING: I can go from zero to horny in 2.5 beers".

was pretty funny, and it was a damn quick car too!
Old 08-07-2005, 12:31 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Admittedly there is one sticker I do like and it would apply to my car too.

It reads 'is there life after death? touch this car to find out'.

Thought it was great!
Old 08-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #17
neb
hibernating

my car has 3 e-series stickers (one on rear window, and each rear qtr window) and fordforums.com.au sticker on the rear window
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #18
Caviar
98 EL Fairmont

Best sticker I ever saw was "Show us ya" in big red letters above the number plate.

The number plate was hooters
Caviar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #19
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I peeled the window tinter's sticker off my old car the second I got it home.
Luckily I have no dealer sticker on mine, and the only one on it now is the AFF one.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #20
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got one 15cm ///Alpine sticker on mine, which I'm removing tonight. I hate stickers.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #21
XRchic
Hello

I have my JMM sticker (gets some looks and questions here in Adelaide) and my BDT sticker on the back window.

I hate the ghey ones like:

"Baby on board" .... who cares?
"Magic happens" ....wtf?
"When all else failes, hug your teddy".... I dont have a teddy
"Oakley - Thermonuclear protection"

However, I did see a funny thing on a t-shirt once and it could be a good sticker for a Ford or Commie: "Your car is neither fast nor furious"

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:46 PM   #22
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Admittedly there is one sticker I do like and it would apply to my car too.

It reads 'is there life after death? touch this car to find out'.

Thought it was great!
Yeah but some little guy gets out, trying to look all tough and I think "geez, even I could beat him up"...

I hate stickers, just look doofa tryhard. I hate it when I see a "Bugger" sticker on a hyundai or something - don't they remember the ad was for Toyota? (and a brilliant ad at that, one of my all time faves).

I don't have any... actually, the ff.au one is still sitting there, waiting for the EA to actually be in good enough condition to deserve such a sticker.

BTW the best way to get rid of the glue that is left behind is alot of eucalyptus oil. Basically bathe the glue in the stuff and scrub with paper towel (also with the oil on it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:50 PM   #23
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want a "Your car is neither fast nor furious" sticker though.

Prepsol works the best. Soak the area and leave for 1-1.5 mins. Grab a razorblade, slip in under the corner of the sticker and it should lift off... been there, done that. My corolla was covered in stickers when I got it. Clean the area afterwards with prepsol - no wukkin furries!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:50 PM   #24
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 'un
A certain former member of my Fire Brigade (NSW Rural Fire Service) had an old blue VN. Stuck huge red and white reflective stickers saying 'FIRE' on the sides of his car and on the bonnet, put a red and white chequer pattern reflective strip down the sides and on the bumpers and even went to the trouble of installing amber strobes on the dash and rear parcel shelf. He also had some dodgey siren fitted (I think it had its origins as a car alarm) and used to drive around with two amber beacons on his roof!

I'll try and get photos, I still see his car around every now and then...

That's not around the Miranda area is it? I swear I've seen one like that.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:55 PM   #25
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I've got a "Bowdens Own" and a "Kings Springs" sticker on my rear door 1/4 glass... I put them there to hide the tint that lifted off.. How dodgey :(

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #26
big_waity
Windsor Man!

I like the "your car is neither fast nor furious" one. I saw a good one on a Kingswood last night. It was nothing flash, but the sticker on the back said "Jap my ****!" I thought it was brilliant.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #27
AdzT3-146
own the road

i hate those i go from zero to b!tch in 2.5 seconds.
i also hate people who put surf brand stickers on there cars when they live in the city and dont own a surfboard.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #28
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Then there's that hot 99% , 1% hot, or there is that 51% , 49% angel, don't push your luck.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:29 PM   #29
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Did you take the flames and the FPV stickers off?! caught! Ive seen yuor car before (saw it last night actually).

haha, damn it! ive still got the flames : (but their kinda different) but ive taken the FPV stickers off the window but i do have some inside the car (with flames around them!!)

i like flames
Old 08-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #30
xrgran

Club stickers here and also the ff.com.au of course :

Can't stand those 'p!ss!n on ford/holden ones, real dodgey
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post