Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
marcusturbo

Question Transmission Service Required

This is coming up a few times in the pasted few days when my wife has been out driving. There will be a small judder from the gearbox and then the message comes up on the display.
Driver the car the next day and all is perfect.
Drive the car tonight and it does it twice with it cutting the engine out once.

Battery was replaced less than one year by the Ford garage.

Has anyone seen this problem before or have an idea what it could be. Think it will be booked into the dealership as soon as I can get it in.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
marcusturbo

Default Re: Transmission Service Required

Skool boy error:

MB 2009 Titx TDCi Non-Powershift
Old 04-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
marcusturbo

Default Re: Transmission Service Required

Took the car into the garage this morning as the situation was getting worse, the engine kept cutting out after the judder.

Garage wrote: Carried out IDS 7 found several codes with PCM/TCM & ABS. Cleared & road tested, on test found loss of crank signal intermittent. Carried out wiring check to CKP - Removed sensor & inspect. Cleaned & tightened pins, refit & retest PCM, signal on. Carried out several tests all ok. Customer to monitor, may require relearn of crank sensor.

I took pics of the display last night & the only thing that has changed is:

Prev: DTC 01 - C40168
Now: DTC 00 - None

Can the Ford guys tell me what the above means. The garage also said that they have upgraded the software for the TCM.

Total cost: $154 ( I was expecting a much larger bill & having to replace god knows what)

The drive home was a lot smoother than before and it feels like it was a few years ago. I'll see how it goes over the weekend, use it as much as i can.