Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
jeff_o

Default WT/WS Fiesta Driver side mirror dots

Hi mates, I have an 09 Fiesta and my driver side mirror is the flat (no dots) one but the passenger side is the wide angle (with dots) type. Is this normal? I suspect the driver side may have been replaced or maybe the earlier 09s are configured this way? Anyone selling a wide angle (dotted) driver side mirror? I have bad eyes and wanted to see more of the blind spot. Cheers!

jeff_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
mad axe
Starter Motor

Default Re: WT/WS Fiesta Driver side mirror dots

Hi Jeff, Yes its normal, Changed mid 09, Swapped mine out.
simple to do & $25 from ford.
mad axe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #3
jeff_o

hi mad axe. when did you order from ford and which ford? $25 is not bad. i would think ford dealerships would charge more for that glass
Old 19-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #4
mad axe
Starter Motor

I'm based in Perth, bought from park ford in bentley in sept 09.
My ws was built in june 09 and came with flat drivers side mirror,
pretty sure from July-Aug production all had dots.
Yes agree $25 was cheap, heated as well.
I was in the motor trade at the time & did get a discount.
Old 19-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #5
jeff_o

wow lucky you. arg i think it would cost an arm now to buy that mirror. when you say heated i think that has the 2 wired terminals in it. could you guide me on how to replace it? do you need to take off the front cover? or just pop the clips off the glass directly?
Old 20-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
mad axe
Starter Motor

Jeff, just priced doted mirror glass-$46.18 retail $39.69 trade. Correct two wired terminals. No you dont need to remove front cover, mirror glass just clips on, you need to be careful and pry mirror off with your fingers, helps to gain access to adjust mirror glass fully inwards so can get fingers behind glass on outside edge & apply pressure from behind glass.
It can be quite tight, you might need to use some sort of wooden or plastic lever tool. just take your time, as i said simple job.
Old 20-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
jeff_o

wow. i went to a wrecker shop the other day and they wanted $40 for the glass. ok i'll try from behind the glass. thanks for the tip.