Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Kryton

Default I got a Toll fine - better check yours.....

In the mail on Friday, i received a letter from M2 Motorways stating that i had driven through a tollway and didnt pay.

Apparently i had driven through Pennant Rd On Ramp on April 9th.
Having been to Melbourne a bit this year (and not really knowing my way around that well), it was possible i had infact driven through it without even realising.
So, not really remembering being near Melbourne on that date and not knowing exactly where Pennant Rd On Ramp is (a few might have clicked by now), i turn to trusty old Google to show me where it is.

Pennant Rd On Ramp is somewhere in NSW, not Melbourne and certainly NOT in Victoria.
So, i give them a ring just to make sure, and sure enough, it is infact in NSW as i had thought.

SO, not having been to NSW in the last 20 years in any way, shape or form, and 20 years ago i was on a bus and didnt even have a car made in 2003, there was a bit of a problem.

I have written a Stat Dec so hopefully, this will be the end of it.

So, if i can be issued a fine from a state that I or my car have never set foot in, make sure you double check each and every Tollway notice you receive - just to be sure that it was infact correctly issued.

This also isnt the first time this has happened either.
Last December, i was issued a notice from a Tollway in Melbourne for a car that i had sold around a year and a half earlier.
Went and approached the new owner about the toll and questioned them as to why they never transferred the Rego (there was a thread about this), and they stated that the car had infact blown the engine around 8 months earlier and was sent to the Wreckers.

So, a trip out to the Wreckers confirms that it was true, it was sitting there in the paddock with a blown engine and number plates still attached to the car.
So, again, a car that isnt registered, cant be driven and has not left a paddock in the previous 8 months, some how managed to drive through a Tollway the other side of Melbourne.

So, check ALL Toll way fines issued to YOU.
Most people wouldnt even think twice if they lived in the city and used these roads often.

Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I received a late toll notice for my T2 on the Monash between Toorak Rd & Yarra Boulevard. I went and checked my diary to find i finished work @ 5.30AM on the morning in question and there was no way i was driving my car @ 10.30am the same morning.
I asked them to check the colour of the car in question which they could'nt tell me at the time. I was given a reference no. and told they will be in contact with me.
I am still waiting............
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Kryton

This mob said they have a photo of every car that is fined so they are going to compare it with that.
Im willing to bet they dont find it to be a Green 2003 BA Fairmont.

Its also a PITA because i have to go and waste my time and effort just because some numbnuts cant do their job properly.
If the rego plate isnt clear enough to make out - tough luck, no toll for them.
It shouldnt be, "we'll just guess what the rego is and hope thats the correct one" either.

Like i said, ive had this happen twice in 6 months, how many other incorrect Toll fines are being sent out each day?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

and country folk like myself are meant to know toll roads ,i got sick of paying toll plus admin each time it made it to my house ,as i rarely go on the computer when on holidays ( and 3 days what the).cant see why they took the booths out .
so i got a etag pile of crud on my car for these stupid toll roads yay for cities , a country that cant manage its taxes and spendings for road management is never good ....end rant .

ok i will watch my toll charges thanks
Old 16-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
jordsnissannx
SR20 Abuser

i got charged a while back for going over the gateway return trip that i had already pre paid for earlier that day

STUPID IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!

jordo
jordsnissannx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Im willing to bet they dont find it to be a Green 2003 BA Fairmont.
probably the same plate numbers, but SA plates or something.