Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default walkinshaw at it again. (sports wagon)

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/500...wagon-revealed

Quote:
WALKINSHAW PERFORMANCE has wheeled out its latest tuned Holden, the SS-V Superwagon.

The Superwagon is based on an SS-V Special Edition Sportwagon. But, with the addition of a supercharger, a new exhaust, retuned suspension and a rejigged styling package, the Superwagon is far from your average family-hauling estate car.

Power output is lifted by the WP 190 supercharger to 450kW, with torque a staggering 770Nm. A water-to-air intercooler is included in the WP 190 package, and larger injectors supply the fuel needed by the engine.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

That's awesome!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FORD wheres ours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
Gaz
Got Ghia?

would really like to know if these got EPA'd would they pass?
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
xr_ash
Banned

Yep - it's about time Ford got with the game and started developing something like this! I'm sure that the more family oriented people that still like a performance car would snap one up if it was available!!!
They started going down the path back in the 90's with the XR6 wagons, but nothing ever came out of it... they just disappeared off the face of the earth.
xr_ash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Why would the develop it? Can't imagine there would be a huge market...and besides, (i may be wrong) walkinshaws aren't mass produced? And are third party so to speak? As in customers buy from Holden/HSV and then walkinshaw get their mits on it?

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 22-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone here actually seen one single real live Walkinshaw?

Has anyone ever seen two?

Or even a real live W427?

If you want a silly car go to Nizpro or Herrods or whomever and get them to build it for you. It will be as genuine as a Walkinshaw.

I suspect for $140,000 Rob Herrod will build you a DJResque FG XR8 with Walkinshaw matching performance.

The red camp seem very good at "lost leader" marketing that appears to work well on bogans and tragics and they even occasionally use "ambush" marketing techniques where a fifth columist places an ad disguied as a news item in a position where it will cause a huge reaction upsetting the naive who will babble on about it to all and sundry thereby bringing it to the attention of potential customers who may not otherwise have known of its existence.

The red team candle BURNZ brightly........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
g220ba
FGX XR8

This vehicle has absolutely nothing to do with Holden or HSV. You basically buy a SSV sportwagon and give to walkinshaw performance, they then upgrade as necessary.

The only warranty they supply is on their installed parts to match the remaining term of the factory warranty. (this is how i understand it from reading the article).
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

If you want a silly car go to Nizpro or Herrods or whomever and get them to build it for you. It will be as genuine as a Walkinshaw.

I suspect for $140,000 Rob Herrod will build you a DJResque FG XR8 with Walkinshaw matching performance.

The red camp seem very good at "lost leader" marketing that appears to work well on bogans and tragics and they even occasionally use "ambush" marketing techniques where a fifth columist places an ad disguied as a news item in a position where it will cause a huge reaction upsetting the naive who will babble on about it to all and sundry thereby bringing it to the attention of potential customers who may not otherwise have known of its existence.

Spot on.. i love how some people think Walkinshaw is suddenly Holden and Ford need to respond...

The Ford after market tuners will do what ever you want if you want to spend money with them too!

Old 22-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
MaTTe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i've seen a W427, and it didn't look much different to every other E series HSV, without getting right up behind it to see the badge i'd have passed it off as another clubsport or gts. for the money you'd be wanting something that really stands out(preferably in a good way..)
Old 22-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:

Damn it Flappist.

I'm PM'ing you my address, you owe me a new laptop. This one just got sprayed by coffee thanks to that :

07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #12
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes quite a few actually. There seems to be a lot of WP modified HSV's in my area, even saw that Green E2 GTS that was on the cover of motor a couple of months ago.

Walkinshaw seems to be cashing in on the modified market and good on him.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
Yes quite a few actually. There seems to be a lot of WP modified HSV's in my area, even saw that Green E2 GTS that was on the cover of motor a couple of months ago.

Walkinshaw seems to be cashing in on the modified market and good on him.
They sell allot of those hood scoops.... You get a "modified by Walkinshaw" sticker just by fitting a scoop or exhaust....
95% of "walkinshaw" sightings are just cars fitted with a scoop or exhaust and a sticker...

Last edited by 4Vman; 22-03-2010 at 03:56 PM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
They sell allot of those hood scoops.... You get a "modified by Walkinshaw" sticker just by fitting a scoop or exhaust....
95% of "walkinshaw" sightings are just cars fitted with a scoop or exhaust and a sticker...
Rice?
Old 22-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HSV is still the destination for cashed up Holden fans... HDT are producing a far superior product, but not making any inroads into the market. Walkinshaw is the same. The fact is that Holden aggressively manoeuvres so dealers can only sell HSV product (there is still an active campaign against HDT because of residual from the fallout with Brock). They pour millions into marketing as well, and it works.

If you could walk into a dealer and have the choice of HSV or HDT (or even Walki) it would be great, but the latter will never get that opportunity, thus remaining small volume. And that's why you never see them on the street.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
HSV is still the destination for cashed up Holden fans... HDT are producing a far superior product, but not making any inroads into the market. Walkinshaw is the same. The fact is that Holden aggressively manoeuvres so dealers can only sell HSV product (there is still an active campaign against HDT because of residual from the fallout with Brock). They pour millions into marketing as well, and it works.

If you could walk into a dealer and have the choice of HSV or HDT (or even Walki) it would be great, but the latter will never get that opportunity, thus remaining small volume. And that's why you never see them on the street.
HSV (like Holden FPV and Ford) is a registered car manufacturer... HDT and Walkinshaw (like Nizpro, Herrods, Bluepower etc) are NOT, they're aftermarket performance "tuners"..

There in lies the BIG fundamental difference.

Holden Dealers can sell what ever they like, want a HDT or walkinshaw XYZ? no problems sir, but first sir you have to buy a GTS or Clubsport or SS, then we'll ship it to Walkinshaw or HDT, get the mods done then you can come pick it up...

These are not models in their own right though.. they are just modified Holden / HSV offerings....

Old 22-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #17
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Ummm may be quick and may have some practical uses...
BUT damn thats one butt ugly front end....yuck !!!

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

OP does state 'tuned':
Quote:
WALKINSHAW PERFORMANCE has wheeled out its latest tuned Holden, the SS-V Superwagon.
I haven't seen a lot of WP style cars around, but I don't see a lot of GT-HO's around either...

Doesn't mean that they're not out there... just means they're hiding in someones garage - crying out for a nice Sunday...
Old 22-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Not sure about the snorkels on the front. Not as objectional as the E2 HSV front ends but still a little out of place. Other than that, looks awesome, IMO.

Nudging over $100k though, wouldn't be prepared to fork out that sort of coin for one.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #20
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Not sure about the snorkels on the front. Not as objectional as the E2 HSV front ends but still a little out of place. Other than that, looks awesome, IMO.

Nudging over $100k though, wouldn't be prepared to fork out that sort of coin for one.
Especially after reading CAT600's thread saying he built his FG XR8 Twin Turbo with close to 500rwkw for under 100k.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 22-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #21
The Monty
Just slidin'

Apart from the horrid front end, it looks absoloutely wicked.
And Flappist, I see a WP car where I work, and dear me it looks and sounds unreal.
Old 22-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #22
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Yep, seen a red one and a white one on the streets in Perth, plus another white one perpetually detained in the showroom at Brian Gardner HSV.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #23
Chopped
as in chopped

There is a red W427 near my work. (plus a SportWagon with "Walkinshaw" tips!!)

I really like the look of the SportWagon (hatch), well done Holden.

Even if Herrod did a Falcon Hearse Wagon equiv, would anyone buy it ?
Old 22-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #24
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

There's a white W427 in my town. Never seen a Walkinshaw, aleast I dont think I have. Not a post 80's model anyway.

Spot on re most of the comments though. Walkinshaw isn't exactly main stream Holden product, just an aftermarket tuner. Like flappist said, take your car to the likes of Herrod and for similar money as a Walky you can have a fire breathing Falcon too.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #25
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
Rice?
Yes... Very.

I thought they looked horrible in pictures! Then I saw one! I wished I could have sliced off my cornea so as to make my mind think of something else rather than 'how could someone make such an ugly plastic attachment?!' Then it occurred - this is the company that came up with this:

*shudders
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #26
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Especially after reading CAT600's thread saying he built his FG XR8 Twin Turbo with close to 500rwkw for under 100k.
I think it ran 530rwkw on the second run!
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #27
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
No labour in that though.

The drawcard for this car is warranty - matching remaining Holden warranty is a pretty bloody good offer... I wonder where they will draw the "abuse" line in the sand.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #28
FPV70

Ok, so people don't see the point of the Walkinshaw thing, that I understand.
It is a small market car but it is still getting done. Fact is, it is also related to Holden which looks the goods for them.

Ford on the other hand, What do they have?
An out of date BF 3 wagon that only comes in an XT and you can have it with an inspiring E-Gas system that churns out an allmighty 157Kw.

No I am not a holden fan, never have been and never will be but face facts, they do things where Ford doesn't and perhaps thats the kinda thing that might move a few more cars.

People would like to dream about having an HSV but can only afford a SV6 but hey, that works for them.

If we are lucky, we "Might" get a decent wagon with "Maybe" a V8 but lets take a moment to reflect on whats going on in the blue camp.
Ford wants either the Mondeo or the Taurus to take place of the Falcon meaning FWD.
Fairlane - Gone.
Wagon - Trying to kill it.
Panelvan - Gone.
V8 Manual base model Falcon - Gone.

So, to sum it up, What chance has the Falcon got when it it being dumbed down to a Family mans car with limited V8 options.

Flame away.
Old 22-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #29
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV70
Ok, so people don't see the point of the Walkinshaw thing, that I understand.
It is a small market car but it is still getting done. Fact is, it is also related to Holden which looks the goods for them.

Ford on the other hand, What do they have?
An out of date BF 3 wagon that only comes in an XT and you can have it with an inspiring E-Gas system that churns out an allmighty 157Kw.

No I am not a holden fan, never have been and never will be but face facts, they do things where Ford doesn't and perhaps thats the kinda thing that might move a few more cars.

People would like to dream about having an HSV but can only afford a SV6 but hey, that works for them.

If we are lucky, we "Might" get a decent wagon with "Maybe" a V8 but lets take a moment to reflect on whats going on in the blue camp.
Ford wants either the Mondeo or the Taurus to take place of the Falcon meaning FWD.
Fairlane - Gone.
Wagon - Trying to kill it.
Panelvan - Gone.
V8 Manual base model Falcon - Gone.

So, to sum it up, What chance has the Falcon got when it it being dumbed down to a Family mans car with limited V8 options.

Flame away.
Are you aware of the Ford XR and FPV range???!!!
If modified cars float your boat have a look through the hundreds of threads in the Boss and I6T section, there are countless examples of aftermarket tuner modified XR6t/8's and F6/GT's that produce every bit the level of performance this aftermarket tuner has got from the sports wagon...

Old 22-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #30
FPV70

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Are you aware of the Ford XR and FPV range???!!!
If modified cars float your boat have a look through the hundreds of threads in the Boss and I6T section, there are countless examples of aftermarket tuner modified XR6t/8's and F6/GT's that produce every bit the level of performance this aftermarket tuner has got from the sports wagon...

Uh Yeah : I am aware of the XR's and FPV.

Are you aware of my point?

Holden and HSV are seen to be giving what the people want.

Holden and HSV are making cars Ford don't.

Yeah yeah We all seen FPV's, but what we are talking about is that Holden are giving people cars to actually think about like a SS Wagon, R8 Wagon, aswell as the sedans.

Wikenshaw tunes cars yeah ok, but the fact that he has been associated with Holden and HSV for years is something that counts.

Also, they are not affraid to annouce their presence with their product.

Ford? Anyone there?