Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
2stroksmokr

Default Washing Mistake - Gold

So my girlfriends friend bought a brand new yaris. Drove it home from the dealership, goes to work leaving the vehicle at home. Her sister being such a loving sister decides to wash her car for her. Guess what she uses? No joke a scour (the green thing you use in kitchen) she has done the whole car in it and it looks so bad, scratches everywhere little bits back to the white base coat. I couldn't stop laughing kept saying how hard did you scrub to get it back to that coat. Had to leave cause their father was getting quite angry at me. What a day it was for me yesterday haven't laughed so hard in ages. Oh also the colour is light blue and its beyong buffing, I'm sure it won't be able to do done. :

Any funny mistakes people know they have done?

2stroksmokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
Tom_Jane
Banned

haha that is hilarious mate. Although you would feel sorry for the owner.

My truck is parked in an undercover car park with open spots just above head level to let air in. Right outside is a garden.
I made the mistake of thinking the regular build up on my truck was dust. Went to autobarn and got a brush designed to remove dust and some microfiber towels.

I got to work and soon noticed the finish now looked terrible! Turns out it was 100% dirt blowing in from the garden and I was scratching the hell out of the paint because it was getting collected in the cloth and being dragged all over it.
Tom_Jane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
fatxagt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When i saw washing mistakes i thought about the laundry type of washing. I should tell you about the time i did a load of washing and poured bleach into the wash instead of washing liquid. Boy did I cop it

Need a Windscreen? www.windscreensmelbourne.com.au
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

atleast the cars already prepped for painting

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It'll buff out!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just as good as the phone call i got on sunday to say my little sister in law had rolled her car in the driveway (as in onto it's roof). lol. there goes the 2 yr old barina with 1500k's on it. oops
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
2stroksmokr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakypete23
just as good as the phone call i got on sunday to say my little sister in law had rolled her car in the driveway (as in onto it's roof). lol. there goes the 2 yr old barina with 1500k's on it. oops
You win! That is gold!!! My mate rolled his 4wd into maccas carpark, went into the carpark to quick. All I remember is watching him go straight over me in my HR was like slow mo. But you win that is awesome. How did she did it? Came in to quick or what not
2stroksmokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroksmokr
You win! That is gold!!! My mate rolled his 4wd into maccas carpark, went into the carpark to quick. All I remember is watching him go straight over me in my HR was like slow mo. But you win that is awesome. How did she did it? Came in to quick or what not
not a very exciting way. she left it in neutral and forgot the handbrake then went inside. oops. the car waited about 10 minutes and decided to roll forward, unfortunately the passenger side rolled up the retaining wall and it did a barrel roll onto it's roof.

she only knew about it when a neighbour heard the noise and knocked on the door to tell her that the car was upside down, lol.

didn't take long for the other sister to mms the pics to us, and didn't take us long to mms them to her dad

she'll come out in front though. her olds are looking at new cars for her already, damn kids these days.
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
lemon
The "Rose"

When I was smaller ,I thought I would make our car look nicer ,by spray painting the badges Chome,While they were still on the car.I was to small to think about masking them up.Boy did I get into trouble.Then I did the Tapand the laneway more trouble I was in
Old 29-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

Quote:
So my girlfriends friend bought a brand new yaris. Drove it home from the dealership, goes to work leaving the vehicle at home. Her sister being such a loving sister decides to wash her car for her. Guess what she uses? No joke a scour (the green thing you use in kitchen) she has done the whole car in it and it looks so bad, scratches everywhere little bits back to the white base coat. I couldn't stop laughing kept saying how hard did you scrub to get it back to that coat. Had to leave cause their father was getting quite angry at me. What a day it was for me yesterday haven't laughed so hard in ages. Oh also the colour is light blue and its beyong buffing, I'm sure it won't be able to do done. :

You my friend have a bizzare sense of humour!
Old 29-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:

Does your girlfriend have comprehensive insurance? and if so how old is her sister?
This would be covered by a comprehensive policy. Of course you would have the standard excess to pay. The insurer would not be able to recover from the sister as a result of subrigation. but in most cases if we are talking about a younger kid that simply made a mistake I am sure there would be a corporate descion not to attempt recovery.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
burnz
VFII SS UTE

(living on a steep hill) i remember our neigbour parking out the front of his house,
and putting his car into reverse not park. (leaving motor idleing)
stepped out and talked to his wife, his wife called him over and with that he reached in
the drivers window and turned the motor off.

never seen a bloke run so fast chasing his car down the hill.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

How did she explain that to her friend lol!
Old 29-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was a little un Dad brought home a new Datto 720 dual cab ute. White. My old man had that morning also been painting the trim of our house and left the brush and paint out. Mission brown.

Result = New white ute with mission brown 'speed stripes'.

I think I copped a hiding for that effort!

No idea what happened with the car. Might give my old man a all and ask him now i've remembered this.
Old 29-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
KPOJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My freind parks his car under cover for work each day, the sewage pipe above his car popped one day. Lots of stiring and giggles went on from here. he was very shtty
KPOJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #16
bingoTE50
Steve

I had my younger brother remove the dust off my metallic brown valiant regal with window putty...It left a white residue all over it...washed and polished it and it was fine...he also filled up my old mans VC regals fuel tank once with water.
He was a bugger of a kid...now he is 37 with three kids , two boys who are paying him back big time...lol..
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #17
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I dunno about it being gold... It would probably buff out with the right tools!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #18
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatxagt
When i saw washing mistakes i thought about the laundry type of washing. I should tell you about the time i did a load of washing and poured bleach into the wash instead of washing liquid. Boy did I cop it
thats exactly what you are meant to do! you don't get asked to do the washing a 2nd time.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #19
itchy brother
Windsor Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA_GT351
atleast the cars already prepped for painting
Is that your secret to getting a good finish??
Old 30-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #20
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh no man! her new car!! Dunno if id be laughing. I bet there was tears all round that day.

I had my tow ball cut off by a guy at Kennards Hire as mine was too small and could not get it off. so he grinded away spitting metal sparks all over my newly painted tailgate. that night the metal spots rusted and left my tail gate looking all spotty so i got the Tcut to it - Bad mistake. It scratched the hell out of the paint and leaving it a matt finish. I was spewing.

Ive also seen a Holden ute in a beute ute show with scuff swirls all over it, I pointed and laughed making the owner screw his face up at me..made me feel better.

Im sure there is another thread here about a wife who got a metal scourer onto his brand new XR too.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #21
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was about 8-9 years old I spent Christmas holidays with my uncle & his family at Byron Bay. He drove a light blue Chev Impala from the mid 60's (ie lots of big fins etc) & it used to get pretty dirty because he was a salesman & always on the road.
My cousin & I decided to get up early one morning & earn some brownie points by washing his car. We couldn't find any car wash detergent - but found some "Bon-Ami" (Ajax powder sort of stuff). Did a great job removing tar spots, bug splatter etc & looked fantastic whilst it was wet - but dulled/scratched as buggery when dry.
My poor uncle almost had a heart attack when we proudly showed him his "nice clean car" & put our hands out for ice cream money..........
Took us the rest of the weekend to polish all the scratches out with Turtle Wax.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #22
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8
When I was about 8-9 years old I spent Christmas holidays with my uncle & his family at Byron Bay. He drove a light blue Chev Impala from the mid 60's (ie lots of big fins etc) & it used to get pretty dirty because he was a salesman & always on the road.
My cousin & I decided to get up early one morning & earn some brownie points by washing his car. We couldn't find any car wash detergent - but found some "Bon-Ami" (Ajax powder sort of stuff). Did a great job removing tar spots, bug splatter etc & looked fantastic whilst it was wet - but dulled/scratched as buggery when dry.
My poor uncle almost had a heart attack when we proudly showed him his "nice clean car" & put our hands out for ice cream money..........
Took us the rest of the weekend to polish all the scratches out with Turtle Wax.
Man i just laughed so hard...Gold!

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #23
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Note to self, never let anyone else wash my car lol!
Old 30-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #24
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When i was 5 or 6 had a mate over and we were playing in the shed dad had a broken bag of cement (bricklayer) in there . Me and my mate decided to put cement every i mean every in the fuel tank of my mums magna in my dads brand new 4 wheel motor bikes gas tank . We put it every where and dad had to replace the fuel systems of both vehicle because it was some time till they discovered we had done it .
Never saw that mate again.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #25
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8
"Bon-Ami"
And the best glass cleaner I ever used.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #26
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It just might be the best looking Toyota ever...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #27
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh my god... how dumb are some people? honestly who in their right mind takes a course, rough object and rubs it all over a car thinking they are helping?
sure its funny but i cant help feeling so bad for that poor girl

some of those other stories are priceless tho! why did we ever grow up?
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #28
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Well heres one from when I was younger.

My mum had just brought a brand new Mazda 626 and took it home that day. I use to have a metal trike I use to ride around the backyard......(yes you can see where this is going)

I ran out of room so I rode down besides the car and put a metal scratch back to the metal from the front 1/4 panel right down to the rear tail light! She had the car less than 48 hours.

Although its no where near as good as one I heard one day when we were in at AAMI for something......

A guy had just picked up his brand new Alfa and was sitting in the driveway waiting for a break in traffic to leave the dealership.

Someone came flying around the corner and spun his car straight into this guys brand new Alfa. He didn't even get to drive his car off the lot!!
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #29
Belial
Clevo Mafia Muscle Man

Not what the thread was intended for but..........
I was about 13 or so when I was helping my father service his tiny Suzuki panel van thing. It had a 800cc motor and I topped the oil up, I put all 4 ltr's in!!!!
He made me get under the car and drain most of it out through the sump and then start the car on the lawn and explain to all the neighbours why is was blowing so much smoke.......

I now pour in about half a ltr, wait, check the dip stick and repeat if needed!!!

Daily
FPV GS Manual Sedan. (1 of 20)
now 360rwhp thanx to Blue Power Racing
"Global warming..." " I'm doing my part!"

Also a member of the Clevo Mafia.
You hit me, we hit you!
&
Metal Jacket Muscle Car Club
Belial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #30
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Box
Well heres one from when I was younger.

My mum had just brought a brand new Mazda 626 and took it home that day. I use to have a metal trike I use to ride around the backyard......(yes you can see where this is going)

I ran out of room so I rode down besides the car and put a metal scratch back to the metal from the front 1/4 panel right down to the rear tail light! She had the car less than 48 hours.

Although its no where near as good as one I heard one day when we were in at AAMI for something......

A guy had just picked up his brand new Alfa and was sitting in the driveway waiting for a break in traffic to leave the dealership.

Someone came flying around the corner and spun his car straight into this guys brand new Alfa. He didn't even get to drive his car off the lot!!

Shows why we should always have insurance before taking delivery of any car, new or used.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post