Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
74couperous
Your GUESS RED custom

Question trying to find the right colour

HI every one, I am trying to find out what colour Rod Bertolacci’s coupe is/was at the 2007 Castrol Edge Winternationals. :
I had had a colour picked out from a Street Machine Standox Toradore pearl , after seeing it in the mag, back in 2000, about which didn’t work out looks great in sunlight, look’s fantastic in the shade , but looks flat in half light with a bronze look . :togo:
Then tried to get a colour off a car at a hot rod show , that had been painted back in 05 looked fantastic , had look at every car at the show to find it out the front. The guy how is painting my coupe, we both looked a tit and said at the same time . “that’s the colour”.
Any way the guy how had the car painted HOK , had made a special blend and was keeping it under his hat.
This car has been put no the back burner over the year and has sat in the corner of a couple of panel shop just waiting.
I think a lot of people trying to build the cars, they love. : :
Have had to fight to get it completed
Now is the time for in to come together

So now I am trying to find out what colour Rod’s coupe is or was.
Or if some one Knows how to get in contacted with him.

Any Help on this would be FANTASIC .. :

74couperous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
homegrown
hotshot

Man, I love that coupe. Thats the colour I was looking for. His was a mixed shade of Red. I used Monza Red. Has a similar effect but not as good as his. An awesome shade though. Sorry I couldn't really help.
I remeber his car was featured back when it was a 11 sec 351 before the big block. It may have the shade of red in that feature. Then it had a white and black stripe going down the side aswell.
If you want me to dig it up and have a look let me know.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
74couperous
Your GUESS RED custom

Talking yer

Thanks homegrown ,if you can look it up that would be great. I have a small shot of the coupe out of a StreetMachine june 2007.

If I can't find out.
I will have a play with mixing DNA colours.
Thank
Geting ther right colour is all part of the fun :
Old 04-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #4
homegrown
hotshot

I know Ive got his car features lying around just a matter of finding them. I'll have it up tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Don't most of these show cars boast about who did what on their car etc so if you could find an article or two I am sure they would have mentioned who did it especially if its a special colour.........

Just a thought then contact who painted it etc

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
homegrown
hotshot

[IMG][/IMG]
This is one I had in mind. I think after the big block went in it got a new paint job, but out of his 3 car features that I read still doesn't say the name. It says the final layers were put on by G&J Paint and Panel. Its quite a well known car so they might be able to help you there.
If you do find out post it up please. I was interested to know that shade myself. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
74couperous
Your GUESS RED custom

Thumbs up I remember that coupe

I remember that coupe I was thinkingat the time of doing my with the gray but stayed with the Fairmont Black
I got some info on another forum, one of the guy’s may have Rob’s number : so hopefully he will give me the right colour
I will let you know when i find out.
thanks for the help.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
74couperous
Your GUESS RED custom

Thumbs up update

Thanks
RED I really like that, that was good not very helpful but good all the same. Ha ha ha dam you kill me!!!!!.

I have been on the Aussie V8 forum and one of the guy’s is going to pass my number on to Rob, so we will see what happens. :thebirds:
I picked up a sand blaster to day in Melbourne and I have heaps of glass beads so I will be getting in to it tomorrow night, doing the floor and maybe the wheel tubs, see how long it takes :