Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #121
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Well I'm getting out of this thread guys, I'm off to NSW to hammer some Typhoons around and have them not care about power to weight restrictions.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2005, 10:38 PM   #122
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We do have a national system for heavy vehicle drivers and it does'nt matter what state/territory your in they all issue their own heavy licence.
Which no matter where you are you can get done,if you do the wrong thing.
One more thing all police are linked via computer d/bases the same as all police are special constables for all states/territories.
End result...do the wrong thing expect to get pinged!!!!!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2005, 09:28 AM   #123
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
We do have a national system for heavy vehicle drivers and it does'nt matter what state/territory your in they all issue their own heavy licence.
That systme is for consistent laws across all States with relation to hours of driving, weights, etc, and it iwas the introsuction of "you lose your points in anither State and you lose 'em in your home State as well. It bears no resemblence of the P Plate issue
Quote:
Which no matter where you are you can get done, if you do the wrong thing.
Do not disagree with that.
Quote:

One more thing all police are linked via computer d/bases the same as all police are special constables for all states/territories.
End result...do the wrong thing expect to get pinged!!!!!!!
BUT, for the last and final time, each State has different Laws
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #124
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle
for god's sake we do NOT have a National system!!!!

How are the Police going to know your licence condtions?????

Bye, bye this is all from me on this subject, but as a parting gesture on this subject, ask a Policeman if they will/can book you for breaking your licence condtions if you are from another State, unless of course it is for glasses or some such thing.

Please post the answer I will read on regardless.
Last time I looked at a P plate driving around Sydney, it actually has the maximum speed allowed under the licencing conditions printed on the plate.

Regardless, I don't think it's all that much to expect highway patrol to know speed limits allowed to provisional drivers in other states as well as other regional laws that apply. It's not rocket science, and I'll guarantee that I'm required to know and memorise significantly more than road rules of all states in Australia in my job.

It's simpler to admit you were incorrect and stop digging.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2005, 11:26 PM   #125
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chronicle, the police are all linked via computor d/bs they can find out your conditions if they have a mind to and book you accordingly.
Unless they have changed d/bs since 2003 they are running COPS and EAGLE and they cover both criminal and road traffic,etc,etc.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post