Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-07-2006, 12:22 AM   #481
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Sadly the diving has become a part of the game and all teams do it to some extent. FIFA really need to get on top of it though. I think a video tribunal to review matches afterwards and dish out one game bans for blatant dives. If that dive leads to a penalty / free kick that results in a goal, make it a three game ban. Anyone who truly loves the game cant stand it, irrespective of who they support. In truth, whilst Grosso did dive for the penalty against Australia, we could still be playing the game now and Australia wouldnt have scored.

Anyway, looking ofrward to another season starting soon and watching Arsenal destroy everything in our path. Maybe this year we can win the CL. And hopefully Abramovich gets bored of Chelsea and sells it to pikeys who return the team to where they belong...
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 02:37 AM   #482
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Italy deserved the win. France out played italy after the 1st half but italy hung in there with a good defence. Italy win their 1st penalty shoot out in the world cup ever and people complain.
I would rather see the final played in extra time until somone scores with extra player changes available but it's not the case. Italy lost out in the 94 World Cup because of penalties so they know how it is to lose a final.
All the teams dive and for people to blast italy because it works for them is pretty lame.

Wether Australia would have beat Italy in extra time will never be known but the situation could have been on the other foot and then everyone on here will be calling all the italian supporters whingers and that it's part of the game so tough luck. IMO if Australia did beat Italy they would have shown Ukraine the door no doubt but Germany would have been way too strong to beat. Italy played an amazing game against germany and just came out on top.
Australia will no doubt make the next World Cup imo with first taste being enough to drive the team to qualify. All we need now is to get more kids into the game for future cups.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #483
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Diving... This is a good thing, means they could be multi purposed sportsmen
If they Dived that well at Sydney 2000, they might have picked up a few Gold

The Olympic recruiters should be scouting at Soccer clubs ;)
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #484
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

I don't think Australia could have beaten Germany either. The Germany V Italy game was a top game. One of the best of the tournament I reckon.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #485
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennybrain
........ The Germany V Italy game was a top game. One of the best of the tournament I reckon.
I agree, that was an excellent game :king:
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #486
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
I agree, that was an excellent game :king:
I never saw the Fance V Brazil game. How do these 2 games compare?
I have been told that the France V Brazil was the best game of the tournament by a few people. But some of those people didn't see the Germany V Italy game....
Old 11-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #487
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually I think the Mexico vs. Argentina game was the best of the tournament.
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post