Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #841
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Whats the RAM 1500 Express going for these days? Used to be around $80K.
I needed to do a simile, I was being sarcastic for those playing at home.

$100k Ranger is BS. I dont care if it could take you to the moon.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2022, 09:17 PM   #842
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Whats the RAM 1500 Express going for these days? Used to be around $80K.
~$79k-$82k is for Ram Commercials, the Express Utes are ~$90k-$95k,
the price goes up from there…

Smart people will be running these and the smaller Utes as leases on their companies and then
trading them in for close to what they originally paid, chip shortage continues next 12-18 mths..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2022, 10:18 AM   #843
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
~$79k-$82k is for Ram Commercials, the Express Utes are ~$90k-$95k,
the price goes up from there…

Smart people will be running these and the smaller Utes as leases on their companies and then
trading them in for close to what they originally paid, chip shortage continues next 12-18 mths..
Had a conversation with my accountant just on that...that cross over on most 3 to 5 year finance deals, say chattel mortgages, where your payout figure starts to drop below the real world market price has shifted up, that is you don't have to wait as long before the trade-in/second hand price equals your payout figure.

When I sold our Renault Trafic, it was half way into the 5 year finance and I got back a nice amount after payout straight into the new Vito.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-05-2022, 02:01 PM   #844
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Ok Rego I assume no profit made there? looks like its cheaper than VIC anyway
I would cancel the compulsory 3rd party and organize your own insurance, and request no dealer delivery - all they do is wash it and bolt the plates on.

looks like they calculate stamp duty on that too which doesn't look right and of course GST calculated on everything

You can’t request do dealer delivery. Sure you can asked them not to wash it or do a pre delivery inspection. That means it will also come with zero fuel.
But the dealers all get charged the same from ford for delivery, to make it equal for all dealers. This charge is a lot of the cost of dealer delivery charge.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2022, 04:08 PM   #845
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Had a conversation with my accountant just on that...that cross over on most 3 to 5 year finance deals, say chattel mortgages, where your payout figure starts to drop below the real world market price has shifted up, that is you don't have to wait as long before the trade-in/second hand price equals your payout figure.

When I sold our Renault Trafic, it was half way into the 5 year finance and I got back a nice amount after payout straight into the new Vito.
Great to hear and also why checking/reviewing prices can open up opportunities to switch earlier.
Saw a Toyota financing ad recently with guaranteed trade in price, nothing new but I wonder how many just
take that without ever checking what their vehicle is worth as private sale, depending of course if PI loan or lease…

With a vehicle subject to RHD conversion, you’d think that portion of the operation would be 10% GST
and not part of the value used to calculate LCT (30%?) and stamp duty capping off the rip off..
those government lots are damn leaches tax upon tax…

Last edited by jpd80; 07-05-2022 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:18 PM   #846
Gumboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
You can’t request do dealer delivery. Sure you can asked them not to wash it or do a pre delivery inspection. That means it will also come with zero fuel.
But the dealers all get charged the same from ford for delivery, to make it equal for all dealers. This charge is a lot of the cost of dealer delivery charge.
How much is the charge from ford to the dealers if they are all charged the same?
In Brisbane I have noticed dealer deliver for the same ford ranger, anything from$2500 to $3500 before any negotiation.
Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2022, 06:43 PM   #847
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
How much is the charge from ford to the dealers if they are all charged the same?
In Brisbane I have noticed dealer deliver for the same ford ranger, anything from$2500 to $3500 before any negotiation.
On top of Ford’s premium pricing, it looks like they’re also charging you for delivery from
Thailand and the road trip to Brizzy. By no mean exclusive to Ford only but surprising just
how far they go stretching buyer’s brand loyalty and squeezing out every last buck.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:26 PM   #848
GT1533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
When I worked at Ford Australia many years ago, the freight charge for a Falcon to the dealers was about $250 - $300. This was the equalised charge for all dealers across Australia. I wouldnt think it would be any higher now - all the vehicles get dropped off at a port closest to the dealership.

The dealer charge to the customer used to be $990: this is just a customer ripoff. Nothing to do with Ford.
GT1533 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2022, 09:47 PM   #849
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1533 View Post
When I worked at Ford Australia many years ago, the freight charge for a Falcon to the dealers was about $250 - $300. This was the equalised charge for all dealers across Australia. I wouldnt think it would be any higher now - all the vehicles get dropped off at a port closest to the dealership.

The dealer charge to the customer used to be $990: this is just a customer ripoff. Nothing to do with Ford.
Agree, I think people are getting confused with Ford to dealer charges and then dealer delivery charges the dealer charges the buyer for preparing the vehicle for sale which in the old days meant checking torque on most bolts/nuts under vehicle, lubing joints, checking alignment etc etc and then a full detail. Today is just seems to be a quick wash and fitting of accessories if applicable. As you say its a customer rip off. I remember GTF some dealers where charging $5K for dealer delivery and there was nothing extra special about it, just the dealer gouging. A fait price to me is what some charge at $990 + ORC.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2022, 12:22 PM   #850
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Agree, I think people are getting confused with Ford to dealer charges and then dealer delivery charges the dealer charges the buyer for preparing the vehicle for sale which in the old days meant checking torque on most bolts/nuts under vehicle, lubing joints, checking alignment etc etc and then a full detail. Today is just seems to be a quick wash and fitting of accessories if applicable. As you say its a customer rip off. I remember GTF some dealers where charging $5K for dealer delivery and there was nothing extra special about it, just the dealer gouging. A fait price to me is what some charge at $990 + ORC.
Agreed, I know from my time with Toyota 20-25 years ago Dealer delivery covered extras like the hours of labour during PD to fit A/C and cruise or trays fitted to certain vehicles that it didnt come factory with.
Now they arrive with it all done and its a quick fluids check, a wash and fit the plates.
Many also slug an administration fee to register the vehicle even though they do nothing more than an online application and grab plates from the batch they already have onsite.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2022, 01:48 PM   #851
Warrenk

My nephew just cancelled his Raptor from a Brisbane Ford dealer to a country dealship. Although the RRP of the Raptor was the same the delivery cost went from over $4000 for the Brisbane dealer to $1700 for the country dealer.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:07 AM   #852
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
I guess that depends on your negotiating skills, they are charging way more than they should for something that was never charged for before a few years back.

and did you miss the part where the calculate the stamp duty after adding these non essential costs.
PS the cars all get fuel in them from the factory - enough to get you to the closest Petrol station.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2022, 11:27 PM   #853
vbomber

Tiktok of the new ranger with ARB gear https://www.tiktok.com/@arb4x4.offic...C6erAEwy2&_r=1
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2022, 07:31 PM   #854
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quick video reveiw on Carsales of a prototype Wildtrak V6 diesel driven last year as i think media embargos are lifting...

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...review-135522/

And Drive with our "good buddy" Joshua Dowling:
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-f...pe-test-drive/
Old 11-05-2022, 08:57 PM   #855
jgmdat

Quote:
Quick video reveiw on Carsales of a prototype Wildtrak V6 diesel driven last year as i think media embargos are lifting...

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...review-135522/

And Drive with our "good buddy" Joshua Dowling:
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-f...pe-test-drive/
Funny how not many peoples good buddy Joshua Dowling some how has nice things to say about FORD since there is no Holden product anymore.
jgmdat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2022, 10:08 PM   #856
vbomber

Vid from Paul after he went on a development drive with Ford, interview with head of the raptor and some of the arb accessories

vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2022, 10:32 PM   #857
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the bullbar supposed to wobble like that (2:55)?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2022, 10:54 PM   #858
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All bullbars do that. Even on sealed roads you can see them bounce around.

Actually the poly Smartbar on my wagon doesn't, but that's probably because the plastic better absorbs any movement.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2022, 07:05 AM   #859
Trevor 57
is now there

My son, who had put a deposit on the new Ranger has got his money back, sold his Y62 to some dealer (lost $3k in 3 years) and bought a 2006 GU Patrol - one owner, low k's. 3.0 ltr grandpa car (and I mean grandpa car, I have seen a photo of the original owner) which he has booked in for a 6BT Cummins re-power later this year

He was sick of the new technology letting him down, and I can't see that I disagree with him. He and his brother are long-term, high end off-roaders. You don't want **** going wrong in some of the paces they go to
Old 12-05-2022, 10:59 AM   #860
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
My son, who had put a deposit on the new Ranger has got his money back, sold his Y62 to some dealer (lost $3k in 3 years) and bought a 2006 GU Patrol
LOL. Probably a good choice, but according to one notable 4wd writer, they are the mark of a bogan 4wder :P

Nevertheless, I'd trust one of those more than I'd trust the current model Patrol. Watched many a youtube video where a current Patrol makes disconcerting driveline noises (driveline not up to the task of what the engine dishes out?).

I'm debating my own possible spending.... keep my Disco 4 and throw $$ at it adding a winch, or call it a day and get an Everest. Turns out an alarming number of D4 V6's break crankshafts, a problem that apparently persists even into the D5. The dream vehicle was a Defender but that's now out, same engine and LR have never bothered to address the fault.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2022, 01:24 PM   #861
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
LOL. Probably a good choice, but according to one notable 4wd writer, they are the mark of a bogan 4wder :P

Nevertheless, I'd trust one of those more than I'd trust the current model Patrol. Watched many a youtube video where a current Patrol makes disconcerting driveline noises (driveline not up to the task of what the engine dishes out?).

I'm debating my own possible spending.... keep my Disco 4 and throw $$ at it adding a winch, or call it a day and get an Everest. Turns out an alarming number of D4 V6's break crankshafts, a problem that apparently persists even into the D5. The dream vehicle was a Defender but that's now out, same engine and LR have never bothered to address the fault.
No help to you sadly, however they did address it by switching to the I6 series of engines...and Ford I believe did work to avoid this issue in their F-150/Ranger/Everest applications.
Old 12-05-2022, 01:54 PM   #862
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not long now.....

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-f...-to-australia/
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2022, 02:40 PM   #863
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post

Nevertheless, I'd trust one of those more than I'd trust the current model Patrol. Watched many a youtube video where a current Patrol makes disconcerting driveline noises (driveline not up to the task of what the engine dishes out?)..
and since when does the opinion of a journalist matter?

The GQ & GU Patrols and the Series 60 & 80 Land Cruisers have more than proved their off-road ability

Let the shiney-**** reporter have his opinion, I know what I would rather be sitting in when the going gets tough and mechanics "technicians" are hard to find
Old 12-05-2022, 02:49 PM   #864
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gu's with the ZD30 are an absolute hand grenade and I wouldn't touch one with someone else's money.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2022, 02:58 PM   #865
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr martin View Post
gu's with the zd30 are an absolute hand grenade and i wouldn't touch one with someone else's money.
no disagreement from me, that is why my son is re-powering his. He looked at getting a TD42 with low k's and reasonably priced but he wasn't prepared to pay mid $50k's
Old 12-05-2022, 03:08 PM   #866
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What only 3 cars.
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2022, 04:07 PM   #867
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS69 View Post
What only 3 cars.
I only ordered 3....
Old 12-05-2022, 05:55 PM   #868
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
The GQ & GU Patrols and the Series 60 & 80 Land Cruisers have more than proved their off-road ability
Yes they have, but maybe we could go back to talking about the Next Gen Ranger now?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2022, 06:21 PM   #869
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Called my local dealership to check on a Raptor. 12 months minimum wait. Oh well. The F150 will be out by then.

Good problem to have all the same as long as its not supply that is the problem (i.e. chip shortage vs plant running at 100% capacity).
kypez is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2022, 07:14 PM   #870
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Build and price is up on the Ford website now.
https://www.ford.com.au/buy/build-an...angerAUS202200
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post