Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2022, 03:51 PM   #1
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Car parks. Why so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I bet the civic planners are “front in” parkers.

Amazingly, around here, there are some angle parks mandated as front in. You risk a $120+ fine for parking safely.
I don't think one of them is, he lives on 30ac. I'm house sitting his house atm.

Yes like here. Some towns like Albury/Wodonga/Yarrawonga/Alexander have the parking in the middle of the road drive in - drive out deal.

Funny most motels insist on front in parking only too, something to do with exhaust pipes facing the room doors I guess.

How dare you, Please do not poison our guests when leaving.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2022, 04:12 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I don't think one of them is, he lives on 30ac. I'm house sitting his house atm.

Yes like here. Some towns like Albury/Wodonga/Yarrawonga/Alexander have the parking in the middle of the road drive in - drive out deal.

Funny most motels insist on front in parking only too, something to do with exhaust pipes facing the room doors I guess.

How dare you, Please do not poison our guests when leaving.
I noticed that when I was in Nowra, they had signs up about front in parking only, so I parked front in.

Then I went and grabbed dinner and came back, everyone at the motel was reverse parked in so I joined them

As soon as one person does it then its fair game
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2022, 04:23 PM   #3
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I noticed that when I was in Nowra, they had signs up about front in parking only, so I parked front in.

Then I went and grabbed dinner and came back, everyone at the motel was reverse parked in so I joined them

As soon as one person does it then its fair game
Yeah there's always that one who parks alongside their room across several front ins. I suggested to the motel at Chiltern I often stayed at could stick up a YT channel filming the antics of motel parking, it would be a hit like 11ft bridge.

Usually back ins want to offload stuff from the boot.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: