Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #1
Sioso
irregular member

Default Alpine A110 confirmed for Oz.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...tralia-109709/

Alpine coupe confirmed for Australia
Australian Alpine A110 launch edition deliveries will start in the second quarter of next year

Renault’s reborn Alpine A110 sports coupe has been confirmed for Australia, with deliveries to start in the second quarter of 2018.

Pricing will sit between $90,000 and $110,000 before on-road costs for the two-seater, with an initial launch model based on the European ‘Premiere Edition’.

That sort of money puts the A110 up against rivals like the Jaguar F-TYPE, Porsche Cayman, Audi TT and Alfa Romeo 4C.

A range of other variants of the will follow, likely including a convertible and even an SUV.

After a long teaser campaign the A110 was unveiled at this year’s Geneva show, but there were question marks over whether it would come to Australia.

Today’s confirmation makes Australia only the second market outside Europe and the third right-hand drive market to get the A110, which will be sold through a limited number of yet-to-be-named Alpine dealers.

However, potential buyers able to reserve a car now through Renault Australia.

“Alpine, the sports premium brand of Groupe Renault, defines a modern sports car designed for driving pleasure,” declared Renault Australia’s new managing director, Andrew Moore.

“We are delighted that it won’t be long until its loyal fans, as well as those new to the brand, can get behind the wheel.”

A mid-mounted 185kW/320Nm 1.8-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine powers the A110’s rear wheels via a Getrag seven-speed dual clutch gearbox.

Underpinned by an aluminum platform and body, the A110 weighs in at just 1080kg, aiding a claimed 0-100km/h acceleration time of 4.5 seconds and electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.

The new A110 draws its styling inspiration from the A110 Berlinette first launched in 1961.

The ‘Premiere Edition’ which the Australian launch model will be based on features 18-inch Otto Fuchs forged aluminium wheels, Sabelt monocoque sport seats, Brembo sports braking system, active lightweight sports exhaust, Alpine-tuned Focal audio system, matte carbon-fibre interior accents and brushed aluminium pedals

Full details of Australian specifications will be revealed closer to the arrival of vehicles.

Developed by Renaultsport, the A110 will be built in Dieppe, France, the historical home of Alpine.

While little known in Australia where it has never officially been sold, Alpine was a manufacturer of both road and race cars originally established n 1955. Renault purchased the company in 1973 and ceased production in 1995.

Alpine won both the Monte Carlo rally and the Le Mans 24-hour in the 1970s.

Régis Fricotté, International Sales Director of Alpine Cars, said: “We know that many people have been waiting for this car.

"In fact, when bookings opened in Europe, all 1955 Premiere Edition cars were reserved within just a few days. We believe the A110 offers a unique proposition to the market and we expect a similar reaction from Australian sports car enthusiasts when the car is on sale.”
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #2
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Alpine A110 confirmed for Oz.

Looks ok and sounds ok... but pass.
That much for a Renault....

Funny that the original Alpines weren't made by Renault.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
Looks ok and sounds ok... but pass.
That much for a Renault....

Funny that the original Alpines weren't made by Renault.
Maybe the sun beamed in a different direction...

Way overpriced.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #4
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Anyone who remembers Renault street cars around here also remembers the nick name Oh'No!!!
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Cant understand how you could not be happy with a MR sports car? Only "let down" would be the transmission if DCT only.

Its certainly just as good as the 4C.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #6
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Although Renault has fielded some of the worlds most successful race cars, I have very strong memories of the 2 worst street cars I have ever been involved with being Renaults. It will have to win me over.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #7
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just buy this then?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...D-467970/?Cr=0
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #8
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Twice the price it should be.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #9
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@Rockdale View Post
Id have that in a heart beat.

I mean its no AU but its cool. People need to chill out a bit when it comes to cars.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #10
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post
Anyone who remembers Renault street cars around here also remembers the nick name Oh'No!!!
I learnt to drive in a R16ts, and what that car was capable of is truly remarkable.

My old man almost shed a tear when it was time to say goodbye.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #11
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
I learnt to drive in a R16ts, and what that car was capable of is truly remarkable.

My old man almost shed a tear when it was time to say goodbye.
I am glad you had a good one. Maybe they improved by then.

Fortunately I didn't own either of these, but 2 of my friends were always in need of help.

The only other car I know of that came close to those 2 was my ex wifes Pontiac Sunbird.

Nobody has a perfect track record, but that trio hold a special place in my memory.