Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 4x4 dual cabs .......

Just seeing whos bought a new/newish (maybe few year old) 4x4 dual cab
What did you buy ,is it any good,new ,used ,why was the purchase done, brand loyalty, price,better package on the day
But more importantly ,would you buy it again .....

Im looking at a new/newish 4x4 dual cab ,theres mixed reviews, mixed feedback ect, maybe a lot of misconceptions to I suppose
So lets see first hand,not some writers paid review ....

302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Re: 4x4 dual cabs .......

Hilux SR5 twin cab 2011 , turbo diesel, auto. Great reliable ute. I wouldn't say the auto is state of the art thou !! That is the son's car. He got that after his 2007 GLX-R Triton twin cab was written off. It was a nice ute as well, very economical but no Hilux. Mind you it was a lot cheaper than a Hilux to..........
Old 05-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I bought a new Ranger last year and am very happy with it. I am coming up to 20000km and the only problems have been a broken fuel cap (from new fixed under warranty) and a rattling gearstick which I haven't had fixed yet. In my view the Ranger is one of the best 4x4 utes on the market currently.

However If I was buying right now I would be seriously looking at a Triton. Under 30k on the road with extras for a new one is hard to pass up. As good as the Ranger is I don't think the ~25% premium is justified. My Dad has a 2006 ML Triton which has been an excellent no frills ute.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought a new PK Ranger in 2010, it was about 8 months out from the release of the PX and they (Ford) had about $9000 off, we weren't intending to buy, but with a deal like that, what could we do?

We bought an auto XLT and traded in the BF RTV

We absolutely love it, one of best Fords we have owned (the other great Fords were the EL Fairmont Ghia and Ford Maverick)

If we had waited for the PX we probably wouldn't have bought one, the Minister for War and Finance (my wife) thinks they are too big, she is very happy driving the PK.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
strik9
aka fpv747

got a new ranger, had 4 hilux sr5 before it. would,nt go back if you paid me.
got the ranger from all the good reviews.
only gripe i have is they are a little harder to park in shops ect. but they do seem to keep making parking spaces smaller and smaller it seems. they are quite a big truck but thats the only time i even notice. on the road it feels like a car
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
kate648

Bought a 2010 PK XLT brand new. Have had no issues whatsoever. Nearly 60000k on it now. Actually went in there to trade in my BA XR6T on an XR50 but test drove the Ranger and loved it
Would I do it again..... well, as much as I love it, when I was at the auctions last week there was PJs going for $7000 - kind of made me wish I had just gone second hand!
kate648 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

New 2013 Landcruiser Workmate Dual Cab (VDJ79R)......

Bought my first Landcruiser Ute in 1980 and had one ever since, love em...

Would i buy another one ? as this is my second one of this model i guess the answer is yes....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

I have a 2012 (Old shape) Isuzu D-Max pov pack 4x4. Its a company car so I didn't buy but so far its a great truck. Dual cab with alloy tray with two big boxes down the sides for work gear.

Gets 10L/100 with me driving it, and thats 100% throttle anywhere as I dont pay for diesel. Out in the bush it uses a little more when in Low range for days. Offroad its been pretty good for a IFS ute, rear spring hangars are a little low but with a good set of AT's on it I haven't got it stuck anywhere. (Dry Weather but steep stuff).

Tows my Falcon easily, the motor is a torque monster will pull from 800rpm (no load).

Saying that Id love to swap it for a ranger, but this is free and free is nice.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Itsme
Experienced Member

Yeah I purchased the PX 4x2 XLT Ranger, traded the FG XR6 ute on it.
I was considering buying PJ & PK models but I was glad I bought the new PX model.
I'm very happy with the Ranger in build & performance, very comfortable to travel in.
It has certainly impressed me & I woud buy another one.

PS: I did look at all other manufacturers 4WD's but the Ranger met all my requirements & pricing package, plus Ford dealer offered a deal I could not refuse.

Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Just bought a "Blackline" Navara.. (the limited edition 550Nm diesel one).. Great vehicle.
Also have a "Platinum" Navara (earlier limited edition one) which I bought new in 2010, and which has also been a terrific 4x4. The Platinum has around 70,000ks on it and still as tight and "new feeling" as 3 years ago.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Just bought a "Blackline" Navara.. (the limited edition 550Nm diesel one).. Great vehicle.
Also have a "Platinum" Navara (earlier limited edition one) which I bought new in 2010, and which has also been a terrific 4x4. The Platinum has around 70,000ks on it and still as tight and "new feeling" as 3 years ago.
Wanted to go a Ranger instead of the Blackline, but over 6k dearer.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #12
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

had afew BT50's in the fleet and I had a pimped Colorado LTR both great cars I miss my colorado but the BT50 was a good unit, stood up to my spining it and getting hit head on

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post