Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #91
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: My issues with City ford Zetland

City Ford Zetland fails, yet again. I think there's now a huge lesson to be taken from this thread: avoid Brent Polites' dealership like the plague.

Caydus: did you speak with Mr. Polites? If not, I would let him know you are a subscriber to this thread. Perhaps then you will get appropriate service and compensation for his moronic mechnaics thrashing your poor car - Mr. Polites only takes action, it appears, when he is aware of his business getting bad PR online. And it really shouldn't come to that, should it?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #92
Caydus

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
Did the PCM upgrade fix your dashboard light issue?
I got fed a big steaming pile of something... Can't tell if it's horses*** or not, but the guy who I spoke to said something along the lines of:

"It's labelled Daylight, which means exactly that, those lights aren't needed during daytime driving"

Then wait for it...

"It's a characteristic of this head unit"

To be fair though, it made a bit of sense... They did upgrade the firmware in the head unit they said, but they said there hasn't been a fix in the firmware made to fix this issue. Which I'm not sure if they actually treat as an issue or not at Ford HQ.
If the firmware fix didn't contain a fix for it, then they're not going to break out the source code, trawl through how many thousands of lines of code to find the logic that controls this particular issue and rewrite it.

Pretty much in Summary, what I got out of yesterday was:

1. Got an update to the PCM
2. Had my bent fuel flap re-adjusted (yay!)
3. Got parking near the city so I could go out after work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
City Ford Zetland fails, yet again. I think there's now a huge lesson to be taken from this thread: avoid Brent Polites' dealership like the plague.

Caydus: did you speak with Mr. Polites? If not, I would let him know you are a subscriber to this thread. Perhaps then you will get appropriate service and compensation for his moronic mechnaics thrashing your poor car - Mr. Polites only takes action, it appears, when he is aware of his business getting bad PR online. And it really shouldn't come to that, should it?
Personally, my day job involves a fair bit of customer service in IT, and I have a pretty decent idea of what's happening here, to be absolutely honest, considering the pattern of the past, I expected this outcome and I really doubted that this is going to be a one visit fix.

If there's a problem, almost examine the software first before you move onto the hardware, software is much easier to fix and much cheaper too. Where they dropped the ball I think is that they either didn't test it after the update, or they turned a blind eye to it and hoped I wouldn't notice.

I reckon the only way other than a software fix, to resolve the issue is to replace the entire DSG assembly as it's a sealed unit from the factory. That's going to be a very long and very expensive proposition, both in man hours and material cost.

But yea, I'll keep fighting it, I'll be speaking to their service manager, Leon Leonti Monday arvo and see where that takes me.

Mentioning this thread I'll hold in reserve until I know they're leading me around the block and keeping me on a steady diet of the steaming brown stuff.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #93
orli
Starter Motor

Wow, to all the problems! I'm fortunate enough that I have my uncle who's an experienced mechanic in Williamstown, Melbourne. I trust him completely and would pay a high price to have him service my care. He will need to use genuine parts and follow the service log book to keep the warranty valid. Sad to hear some of these stories though.
orli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #94
trumpy73

your uncle charges you? get a new uncle ;)
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #95
Caydus

Hehe, it's either that, or don't work for family and friends...

Anyway, I'm booked in for Tuesday next week for further diagnostics. Did a recording of the sound the Saturday after i got the car back from City Ford and it's pretty obvious in the sound clip. Sent it to them as well.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #96
tcrowdey
Starter Motor

Default Happy with City Ford. Thank You Brent

Guys I may have to ask you to start a new thread, I am receiving a lot of private messages thinking I am still having problems.
As to my previous posts I now COULD NOT BE MORE HAPPY with Brent Polites and City Ford, my issue has been well and truely fixed to my 100% satisfaction, i kid you not. And as previously said mistakes were made, but looking back as i have said before whenever I made the time to see Brent he never treated me badly, never argued with me and always attempted a resolution. Obviously and sadly a number of them failed (spectacularly) and I started to feel very disallusioned with him as a dealer, but I reinterate he always treated me kindly and always tried again without argument. There are many dealers who may not have had the problem , there would be many who would have treated me WORSE. What I am trying to convey is that he is a genuine good guy because after all the crap he made sure that his customer, ME, was at the end of the day, HAPPY. I now hold no bitterness, and joy of joy, no stress. No seriously, I am the first to buck up and scream when things go bad but by the same token I will stand up and sing the virtues of a guy who does well by me. Thank you Brent Polites Thank you City Ford, my new car is AWESOME. Now I look forward to some better luck in the future.
tcrowdey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #97
orli
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
your uncle charges you? get a new uncle ;)
Ha ha. No, he is in a joint business and as there is a huge family base on either side, they have charged from day one. But it's like a third less, so no complaints from me. I just know at the end of the day that he's done a great job and plus, having a girl gives me the peace of mind that the car is safe as sound!
orli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post