Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
waterskier

Default wt cruise

just purchased at wt fiesta CL manual and I would like to put cruise control on it.. If I was to purchase a factory steering wheel with th e cruise buttons on it from the UK what other parts would I need to get cruise up and working on the car?
Thanks Steve

waterskier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: wt cruise

I think in a past thread they were saying you cant really do anything like that easily, including usb etc etc.

Danny might know which part of the UK forums for you to look up.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
somers181

When i purchased my WT CL then only way to put cruise control on was with an aftermarket stalk that costs approx $900 plus fitting (according to Ford)......... gave it a miss and used the money for after market wheels instead......... Just got back from Canberra and i would have liked to have it, the amount of times i would use it wouldnt justify the outlay.........
Old 07-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
Junkie
Chilli Orange

Might be worth trying this thing out for the fiesta.

http://www.autron.com.au/newweb/index1280.htm

I put one on our Renault - Drive by Wire. ~$800 fitted
Came with the standard thingy (Can Res On Off etc) and also a three button configurable setting. i.e. I only have to hit the 100 button for it to be set at 100.
Three buttons I have configured to 60, 80 and 100.

One word of caution though.
This thing fitted to the Renault drive by wire was not aggressive enough for me. i.e. was too tame when hitting a hill. Car would slow down way too much before the speed would correct it self.
Took it back a few times, and they adjusted it until I was sort of happy with its aggresiveness (Spel?)

Overall it is ace and I don't regret putting it on the car, as we do a lot of long hauls.
Definitely has been worth the money.

Hope this helps
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford won't put the 'factory' unit in the car. By the time you upgrade all the software, so that it works as a Zetec, ECOnetic and LX does with their standard cruise, it'd end up costing a fortune. Aftermarket is the only way I know of matey.