Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Need opinions before purchasing a Ford Fiesta WT Zetec Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
That would be Zetec WS manual, and LX WT manual prices.
Those would be WS 2010 and WT 2011 wouldn't they?
Old 30-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #32
Caydus

Is there any diff in say a WT LX say manufactured in Nov 2010 and a 2011 model?
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #33
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The WT is from Thailand where as the WS was from Germany. WT v WT there shouldnt be any differences but as the nov build is an earlier one then I would be checking the quality of fit and finish. I would think that by 2011 they would have their act together a bit better.
Old 30-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #34
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And heres something I just found out, there are 2 different 2011 ZETECs.
WS and WT. WS will have 4sp but WT will have 6spd autos. I was under the impression all WSs finished about October but apparently the ZETECs continued coming from Germany till 2011. WS from Germany and WT from Thailand. Saw them advertised in Trading Post and Redbook confirms.
Old 31-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #35
eviledward
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
There are plenty of car websites that are selling the WT advertised for $23,500 mark driveaway without haggling...

Here is one of a few from Carsales. They are $22990. A full $1000 under your price.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/sea...97734920110209

Seems like you indeed might have been ripped.
Hey GoesLikeAZetec,

Checked your site out and actually got tons of Ford dealers calling me about the 22,990 price and they said the price on the website is without any on road costs and the best they could go was 23,500. That's 500 less than my offer which is still good in my books. Yeah, so I guess 23,500 - 23,000 is my benchmark.

Anyone else agree?
eviledward is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #36
big orse
Starter Motor

$23 500 was the best driveaway price we could get on 2011 WT 6spd auto, 1.6l zetec fiesta. That was from a Perth dealer. We ended up buying a 2010 LX MKii focus for $20 500 driveaway.
big orse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #37
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by big orse
$23 500 was the best driveaway price we could get on 2011 WT 6spd auto, 1.6l zetec fiesta. That was from a Perth dealer. We ended up buying a 2010 LX MKii focus for $20 500 driveaway.
More for less. Good buy.
Old 31-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #38
big orse
Starter Motor

That's what I figured. The Focus was bigger with heaps of featres and the 2l motor is awesome. If we were worried about fuel, we would have got the Fiesta.

RE paint protection. My old man was a manager at a dealership for 20 + years and Brother in law is a car detailer. Both of them reckon paint protection is the biggest con. It is basically just a special polish. Shouldn't cost more than $200 to have done. Brotherinlaw does our cars for us when they are new and we just use a good canuba wax every 3 months.
big orse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #39
eviledward
Starter Motor

Hey deesun.

Noticed you were viewing this thread. You there?
Old 02-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #40
eviledward
Starter Motor

UPDATE

So far I've found 5 dealers that have offered me 23,500 and nothing less. It seems like the guy from another forum who told me that he got a quote for the WT ZETEC for 22,000 might have been lying.

Basically he ended up getting a 21,300 WS ZETEC from Freeway after he apparently got a quote of 22,000 for the WT ZETEC from Coffey Ford. Basically he used the WT ZETEC price as a bargaining tool.

Here's what I have a problem with it. He offered me a referral card to Freeway Ford and said he will get 150 dollars out of it. What I don't understand is why he didn't just settle for the WT Zetec if he got it at such a low price. Maybe personal preference but I don't really know.

Anyhow, I'm thinking he may be just trying to get my hopes up and end up buying a car from Freeway ford so he can get a 150 dollar voucher.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 AM   #41
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Referral card/finders fees have all been around for years. Hear of them popping up every now and again. In this day and age of WT WS LV ABC and UPYRS it's all very hard to tell on a forum who is getting what for how much until you see it for yourself. And bulldust makes the world go round. It won't matter what you buy once you put up the price many will say good buy and there will always be one who says his brothers girlfriends cousins uncle Bob paid thousands less than that and got a supercharger thrown in as well. The main thing is that YOU ARE HAPPY with the deal. Everything else is superfluous. My thoughts are if there are 5 dealers all quoting the same then there isnt much in it for them. But maybe one will sway you with a free supercharger who knows? Look up the list of optional accesories and ask which one they can throw in to sweeten the deal. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #42
eviledward
Starter Motor

Hey deesun. Your making a lot of sense and I think I've been so caught up with the 22,000 deal that I didn't realize that I was already happy with my previous deal. I think I'll just forget all that BS and move on. I'll be getting my Fiesta soon. See you guys again!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #43
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well said mate. When I got my WS Zetec, I paid a bit more that what the guys are getting now. My $23K seems a bit rich for a three-door, non-metalic paint manual Fiesta, but to be honest I do not care the slightest. I got it when I wanted it, and more than anything I got the car I wanted, that suited me best, for a price I'm still happy with. It's nearly paid off too, so I'm over the moon.

As long as you're happy with it, screw everyone else.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #44
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sometimes it hurts to see how much cars have dropped in price for one reason or another. My 2003 BA n/a XR6 cost us 37k, back in october I bought a 2009 FG XR6T for 32k with less klms on it than the BA had. I love the T but we do fairly high ks so we use the BA cos its on gas but really because of the advances over the BA the FG is almost as cheap on the highway as the BA but still not worth running up the ks on the FG as the BA has 190ks. Love hurts.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #45
eviledward
Starter Motor

Finally settled with City Ford on a price of 23,500. After much quarreling and telling them I'll probably find someone else, they budged. LOL.

Wish me luck as I hope I don't end up getting a lemon vehicle as those mentioned in the other threads.

BTW I also saw my car in the dealer today, just waiting on the money and I'll be all set to go. Can't wait!

Anybody can set me up with what to do when my car arrives? Final car checks and all?
Old 07-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #46
kboukes

see the thread of mine called thinking of buying a fiesta
A few people have put some really good ideas on there of what to look for!
kboukes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #47
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Thats a lot of coin for a Fiesta, regardless. Ive seen several demo Polo GTIs for $25K.... for that money I know what I'd take. I paid $18000 flat for a (new) non demo 2010 plate WS CL manual a year ago, with 17 inch wheels from the dealer thrown in. Mind you they did start at 19.500. Is the new auto plus kit worth $6K? In my opinion no. But then I hate auto cars. A real car needs 3 pedals. Not paddles. If you're happy with it then our opinions don't matter, but you did ask. I wouldn't pay a cent xtra for any protection packs and so on from the dealership. The tint they use is cheap and will bubble within 5 yrs. If you go aftermarket - solace/solartint etc you will get a superior product for 50-75% less cash (incl. paint protection).
Oh, the best paint protection is some decent polish and elbow grease.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #48
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

What to look for:
When you go into the d/ship to pick your car up they will get you to sign a sheet that says you have checked the car and it is delivered to your satisfaction.
DO NOT sign this sheet until:
1. You put the car up on a hoist in the workshop and inspect it from every angle: as I have said elsewhere in threads my new CL had rust thru the bottom of the car - it cost Ford $9K to fix it and I lost the car for 2 months.
2. You drive the car at least around the block. The car you test drove is not the car you will drive out of the dealership once you hand over your hard earned. Your 'new' car could be pinging (as mine did even on 98), or it could have taken a decent knock in transit and be seriously out of alignment. The brakes may not have been bled since it was originally built and have decet air in the system (as I found out the hard and v scary way).
3. Make sure the AC works. Mine is still s/house.
4. If they refuse to do any of this ask yourself (and them) why?
5. Take your time taking delivery, even tho u just want to drive your brand new car. It will save you a lot of stress later.
All the best, I hope its trouble free for you.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #49
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
Thats a lot of coin for a Fiesta, regardless. Ive seen several demo Polo GTIs for $25K.... for that money I know what I'd take. I paid $18000 flat for a (new) non demo 2010 plate WS CL manual a year ago, with 17 inch wheels from the dealer thrown in. Mind you they did start at 19.500. Is the new auto plus kit worth $6K? In my opinion no. But then I hate auto cars. A real car needs 3 pedals. Not paddles. If you're happy with it then our opinions don't matter, but you did ask. Oh, the best paint protection is some decent polish and elbow grease.
And so it starts. Not dissing you Fiesta_man69.

Last edited by deesun; 08-04-2011 at 12:29 PM.
deesun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post