Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Have sales of Superchargers for Comodore gone up

I often browse on a red forum or two to help keep my perspective balanced (interesting note - apparently the word for balanced perspective is "Troll" on LS1 - I trust we don't treat interlopers as badly).

Anyways ...

Of late there seem to be more comments on there about forcing air into their 6l plus engines.

Force feeding air was previously decried by the purists that would rather bore than blow when modifying their cars.

My theory is that the Miami Engine has decriminalised the super/turbocharger a little more in the v8 aftermarket ?

Has anyone else observed a change in trend.

EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

There has been a lot of s/c LSx engines for years in the US and recently here with the help of Walkinshaw & Harrop, pretty much nothing to do with the Miami engine.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe allot of talk but in reality not many will do it..... maybe a few a month but its a pretty expensive extreme modification to be doing to a new car, and will kill its warranty...
Regardless at the end of the day it will still just be a modified commodore, its "cred" will come from its factory numbers.

More than likely (we hope!) some will buy factory fitted S/C's on a GT!

Some are holding out in vein home HSV will release a S/C car (LSA) but my mail is no, they'll adopt the new smaller N/A V8 in 2013, the N/A LS3 will have to do till then...

Time will tell i guess.

Last edited by 4Vman; 11-01-2011 at 08:55 AM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
Kryton

Like their cars, they're all talk and no go.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you buy a second hand supercharger over 7 years with a 40% balloon?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Like their cars, they're all talk and no go.
there's some pretty stout cars hanging out over in the ls1 forum..

but i will agree with your comment about the people lol
Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Everyone I've ever known with a V8 commodore is going to S/C or Twin-turbo it or head/cam/tune it with a 4.11 diff and stally/new clutch in a few months for as long as I've known them. Don't know any that have done it. Fact is alot of them look at the ads for $6000 kits, then price it up to find its more like $10-12K++ and loose a bit of interest.

On the same token though I know a fair few XR8/GT owners who are getting a particular exhaust now for when they supercharge it next year. Don't know any S/C XR8 owners either.

But everyone has to have something to dream about, whether you do it or not, talking about it can be almost as good as finally doing it. We all have big plans.

As for the new Ford S/C V8 making Holden owners want a S/C, I know you might have had your head in the sand there. Many might not even be aware Ford have a S/C V8, alot of the others don't really care.
And people S/C 6lt motors because what are they going to bore it out to? 6.2?
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
Fireblade
Wizard Member

I only know one who spent the money to put a supercharger on his Senator, didn't come about from the SC GT but from me giving his bolt on, cammed and stalled Senator a flogging in my F6. I know plenty of Holden fanatics and can tell you most don't know much or care to know much about the new GT, they all know about and are scared of my F6.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Can you buy a second hand supercharger over 7 years with a 40% balloon?

I'll pay that
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post