Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #31
fmc351
let it burn

I drove past the local Mobil and they had $1.19 for 91 ULP, without discounts. Sunny Coast.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #32
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT

I will do you a deal, I will gladly pay Tas fuel prices as long as I also pay their rego and no tolls.
Done, as long as you do my job and study Medicine, and I will do your paramedic shifts

Also, if you wanted perspective - we have no tolls and rego is cheaper, but our average wages are the lowest in Australia. I choose to live here, and I love it. Yes we pay more for fuel than queenslanders do, but I choose not to complain. So I will stand by my original comment that the title was misleading.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #33
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
Done, as long as you do my job and study Medicine, and I will do your paramedic shifts

Also, if you wanted perspective - we have no tolls and rego is cheaper, but our average wages are the lowest in Australia. I choose to live here, and I love it. Yes we pay more for fuel than queenslanders do, but I choose not to complain. So I will stand by my original comment that the title was misleading.
Seriously where did I mention swapping jobs? Since you raised the subject of income, the average wage in QLD is $10k less than WA and in my job it is about $15k less. I might also add that the cost of housing in Tas is significantly less than QLD, no wonder you are happy there, you have it pretty good.
Anyway I am done with this whole line of conversation, it is going nowhere as it is clear that in your view we have nothing to be unhappy about and it seems your view will not change.
It also seems that to get fair consideration from you the thread title has to be well thought out and not open to any interpretation.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #34
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Getting back on topic and hopefully clear this up, I believe the op was trying to say that in QLD we pay the highest profit margin of all the states.

Personally I am not very happy paying the prices we do so some large corporation can make even bigger profits as I know many here aren't.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #35
meteoriTE

I'm another who remembers the good old days of 30 odd cents per litre here in QLD, but what p!$$es me off about the price of fuel these days is all BS excusses we are given why they are so expensive eg: dollar too low, singapore price, lack of competition etc etc. I also remember when these elected idiots where talking about scrapping the fuel subsidy in return for for cheaper rego & what happened there? Absolutely sweet FA like all government promises, like toll roads years ago we were told that once they were paid for that the tolls would be abolished from those roads, but they've seen they're a good cash cow so they'll keep on milking it.
meteoriTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #36
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

I filled up in Dipswich yesterday arvo $149.9 for pulp.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #37
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoriTE
I'm another who remembers the good old days of 30 odd cents per litre here in QLD, but what p!$$es me off about the price of fuel these days is all BS excusses we are given why they are so expensive eg: dollar too low, singapore price, lack of competition etc etc. I also remember when these elected idiots where talking about scrapping the fuel subsidy in return for for cheaper rego & what happened there? Absolutely sweet FA like all government promises, like toll roads years ago we were told that once they were paid for that the tolls would be abolished from those roads, but they've seen they're a good cash cow so they'll keep on milking it.
The ?BS? you mention is fact. Its definitely abused, misrepresented a lot, but they are genuine factors of fuel pricing.

As for the other stuff, they all want to rape you. The best thing that happened recently is the election of the Libs in Vic, now we will all see, how they are all the bloody same.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post