Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Default Windscreen Sun Strip?

Hey, where can I buy a windscreen sunstrip?

I just want a length of dark grey, or even black, vinyl to put across the top on my windscreen.

Local graphics mob want $90 - am I out of touch or is this cost now? :

Fredo

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
mohit

Was thinking the same thing the other day but was thinking of a tinted band along the top of the windscreen. Really dark tint. Need to get some prices from local tint shops.
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tint shops are the go. Ask for any scraps. Say you want to experiment a bit, and will come back to them when you've sorted it..
Old 31-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

my original sunstrip was a generic Ford one with no background. I purchased it from a stand in Chadstone, vic, however it cracked and started to peel off in less than a year. My next investmemt was a Ford Racing one on a solid white background from www.dmb.co.uk (Which I believe wouldn't crack and peel off like the last one). However since purchaseing this I've been warned that these solid ones are illegal as it obstucts your view (of the sky???)

www.blueovalstore.com have blue and white ones with ford logos on them, that are see thu and therefore should be legal however they are $50 plus postage. Otherwise any sign-writer can cut up a solid piece of vynl for you.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
somers181

Try window tinitng places as i got my Focus done for $20 fitted, i have been there before with other cars so probably was looked after, works great when sun is at that angle and has lasted 3 years so far with no problem.
Old 27-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82
my original sunstrip was a generic Ford one with no background. I purchased it from a stand in Chadstone, vic, however it cracked and started to peel off in less than a year. My next investmemt was a Ford Racing one on a solid white background from www.dmb.co.uk (Which I believe wouldn't crack and peel off like the last one). However since purchaseing this I've been warned that these solid ones are illegal as it obstucts your view (of the sky???)

www.blueovalstore.com have blue and white ones with ford logos on them, that are see thu and therefore should be legal however they are $50 plus postage. Otherwise any sign-writer can cut up a solid piece of vynl for you.
somebody let the domain registration lapse on blueovalstore.com whoops!!

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
lubby1

$90 sounds a bit too expensive, i woul d probably get a tint shop to do it as was metioned above, I think from memory seeing the vinyl strips sold at auto 1.
lubby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
somebody let the domain registration lapse on blueovalstore.com whoops!!
www.blueovalstore.com.au

sorry. I forgot we are in australia.. lol...

Old 27-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #9
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

you can also get some from www.dmb.co.uk for 5 pounds plus shipping. My new Ford Motorsport one has also come from here but I havn't put it on yet

http://www.dmb.uk.com/Product/Sunvisor-Vinyl-Strip/234