Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #31
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
You'd have to ask Mrs Bastard about those, she's reading now. :
Did I say anything about HIS cute smile (or handcuffs)? I was talking about my general respect for authority lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #32
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Sorry Bindi, im one of those good ones thats always taken.

Usually returned to the store the next day due to faulty workmanship.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 04:47 PM   #33
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

There is a camera out Kogarah way in sydney nsw that is in a school zone. Actually its right near rockdale. Anyway, I drove past it about a year ago during a 40km/h limit period and the thing was flashing off its nut booking people. So atleast that camera used normal flash. A year ago.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #34
Aussie Pete

I'm lost. So if we post about actual speeding the post gets deleted??? What a crock if its true. Sure, if someone got on and bragged about doing 240 through a tunnel or something then fair enough...

By the way, for the edification of our challenged Kiwi punters I tried the standing next to the camera trick but here in melbourne no tan. I guess they must use infra red, not ultraviolet. Just as well, or else the HSVs would get faded paint.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #35
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
I'm lost. So if we post about actual speeding the post gets deleted??? What a crock if its true. Sure, if someone got on and bragged about doing 240 through a tunnel or something then fair enough....
most of the posts deleted were referring to acts of stupidity much like your ficticious tunnel, rather the the everyday lapses of a sane drivers.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 05:44 PM   #36
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
I'm lost. So if we post about actual speeding the post gets deleted??? What a crock if its true. Sure, if someone got on and bragged about doing 240 through a tunnel or something then fair enough...
"I got done doing 60 in a 50 cause i wasnt paying attention." is one thing.
"I was doing 180 through tunnel X" is entirely another.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 06:29 PM   #37
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XR6
There is a camera out Kogarah way in sydney nsw that is in a school zone. Actually its right near rockdale. Anyway, I drove past it about a year ago during a 40km/h limit period and the thing was flashing off its nut booking people. So atleast that camera used normal flash. A year ago.

It still does. I picked a relative up from the Airport, and came home through that, and heading south, it was flashing its **** off, there were about 5 or 6 flashes in a spread of 10 or so cars. I make it a habit to sit on about 35-40 in that spot, being mindful of the sensors. The second my back wheel is over them, I accelerate away to 60. You can never be too careful, especially with two cameras to scare you.

Early in the morning, heading towards Arncliffe (Car Service) the flashing screen in the rear view mirror scares the crap out of me. Not good.

-Andrew
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2005, 09:52 PM   #38
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
By the way, for the edification of our challenged Kiwi punters I tried the standing next to the camera trick but here in melbourne no tan. I guess they must use infra red, not ultraviolet. Just as well, or else the HSVs would get faded paint.
A little off topic (well, not really)... I saw a car type camera today in Barkly St Footscray (you know the ones.. Flash set up 5 metres in front of the car with it's cam mounted on the bumper).. And got me wondering, What if I parked right in front of him (it was a normal standing area) You know.. Blocking his line of sight. Can I legally do this?.. Can they order me to move?... What if it's MY house he's set up in front of & it's my usual parking spot?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #39
Aussie Pete

Charlie, thrown on the bikini and start posing in front of the camera. Cover your lollybag though if you want more children.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 10:56 AM   #40
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Just for interest sakes, I asked some WA police friends why the cameras don't take rear shot (i used to live in WA). I was informed that the cameras are very capable of taking rear shots but it is in WA legislation that the identity of the driver has to be able to be visually identified in the photo. Therefore they can only take front shots, if this is true, it may be worth asking to view the photo before coughing up. If you can't be identified, you don't cop the fine. Or you could just admit wrong and cough up like a good citizen, do the crime, do the time!
Old 30-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #41
ShallowCrossing
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
A little off topic (well, not really)... I saw a car type camera today in Barkly St Footscray (you know the ones.. Flash set up 5 metres in front of the car with it's cam mounted on the bumper).. And got me wondering, What if I parked right in front of him (it was a normal standing area) You know.. Blocking his line of sight. Can I legally do this?.. Can they order me to move?... What if it's MY house he's set up in front of & it's my usual parking spot?
I reckon you legally could coz the snapper's in Vic aren't even coppers anymore. But then when he called the Footscray divvy van down to have a chat with you, you better hope your car is roadworthy!! And swallow all your heroin...(You did say you were in Barkly St, Footscray). :sm_drool:
ShallowCrossing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #42
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallowCrossing
And swallow all your heroin...(You did say you were in Barkly St, Footscray). :sm_drool:
Up the "Collins St" end of Barkly St... Not Saigon end. lol
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post