Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2005, 10:17 PM   #1
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 
Default Yet another speed camera rant thread

For anyone that may be interested the RTA has installed yet another one of its revenue cameras. This one on the F3 just north of Joll's Bridge climbing up out of the Hawkesbury River. This is the faulty crappola one that was once located on the Spit that clocked buses doing way ove what was practically possible for them to do.
The sweetener in the deal for putting this camera on such a NOTORIOUSLY accident prone section of road(I drive this road at least 5 days a week for last 15 years - witnessed 3-4 accidents in that time withing 2-3km of the cameras location) was that they are going to raise the speed limit to 100km(remains @90 in wet though - adaptable speed zoning).
My rant is that this camera is due for commisioning this month. So WTF do the NSW revenue raising society feel the need to have had mobile speed camera vehicles in use on this EXACT PIECE of ROAD mere days/weeks before raising the speed limit??? Has been in use there 3 times in last 2 weeks. The road conditions have been as great, excellent visibility, no wet weather etc. If anything the way they have been operating is increasing the chances of an accident occuring. Traffic has been travelling @ 95-100k in downhill section when all of a sudden 3 lanes of traffic slow to 75-80k to roll past the camera.
Surely the 'tactics' of employing cameras in this manner is questionable at best. I just hope the officer manning the camera is equipped with earplugs as he will undoubtably be facing some VERY irate motorists if a major accident DOES occur due to him plying his trade.(I know he is operating under instructions outside of his direct area of control - I also know who I'll be approaching if I get run over from behind because of the traffic stopping suddenly in front of me.)

wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post