Old 31-07-2005, 11:29 PM   #154
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Chook hits nail on head :sm_headba
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #155
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Meh...

If you can afford to spend the extra money then get the GT, its a newer car (obviously) has some better technology in it, its quicker (lets not go thru that again) and looks awesome. On the other hand if your on a tight budget and find a good example T3 then buy that, as it will still put a smile on your dial, just as a Series III AU XR8 will.

Some people really need to get lives, I am sure of that.... People buy different cars for different reasons, I could have easily bought a used T3 or even a BA XR8 with what my BA XR6 cost me new, but I bought the XR6 as it suited my needs. At the same time someone who buys a SIII TS50 may do so over an XR8 as it may better suit their needs to. Lets not be picky and get personal, especially when it comes to quoting average fuel figures as it is pretty easy for someone to say theirs is better then someone elses without it being the truth.

Most people who buy performance cars dont buy them for Fuel economy, if any of us wanted fuel economy we would be buying Toyota Hybrids. :baby bott
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 03:09 AM   #156
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken

Some guy posts up an innocent question....which turns to sh*t, by the very same few....as usual....Tickford did an absoulutley great job with the AU-T3 & The BA GT.....I believe Steffo's argument stands correct....& his knowledge on cars reflects his opinion which should be respected, like all our opinions on this forum. But a handful don't, and resort to tactless.,sniping, in order to put their point across, with pointless insults, and lack of knowledge as usual....some of the posts here...especially the last two pages, not including Shockwavexr6na post....equate to this...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Stupid

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........

Last edited by Firefox7; 01-08-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #157
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

GTENVY...

Go drive both cars, if you find a good example of the T3 for a reasonable price (id say around the 35 k mark) and your happy with it then buy that.

If you rather the GT have a look around and see what you can find (may get one aroudn the low 40's).. If you still really want a GT and can't stretch the funds then my advice would be to wait till after October when the Series III comes out, as there will be a few owners most likely wanting to upgrade! By the way this also goes for the T3 as some of those guys may actually have something that they feel is better then what they already had.

At the end of the day figures arent going to mean anything to anyone with half a brain, it all comes down to which you rather to drive and which one is better suited to your requirements, because we all know you can mod either of them and get some decent power levels!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #158
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
I think the T3 TE50 and the AU3 XR have the same suspension setup, so it would feel the same, as far as handling goes.
G'day mate, I may be wrong here, but I am pretty sure they used different geometry on the T series than the XR, And the TS used Koni Shockers. As I said, I may be wrong (it happens often, just ask the missus)

As for the question, I have a T3, have only driven a MkI GTP, for me, I prefer the T3, simply because its not civilised like a BA. The T3 you almost have to take it by the scruff of the neck, whereas the BA GT is so so much more refined.
In my mind, both great bloody (can i say that) cars. You will be happy with either choice, but please, first drive them both, and see which one suits your character and needs
TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 01:36 PM   #159
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
Some guy posts up an innocent question....which turns to sh*t, by the very same few....as usual....Tickford did an absoulutley great job with the AU-T3 & The BA GT.....I believe Steffo's argument stands correct....& his knowledge on cars reflects his opinion which should be respected, like all our opinions on this forum. But a handful don't, and resort to tactless.,sniping, in order to put their point across, with pointless insults, and lack of knowledge as usual....some of the posts here...especially the last two pages, not including Shockwavexr6na post....equate to this...

Cheers.
Well said
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #160
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50
Quote:
I think the T3 TE50 and the AU3 XR have the same suspension setup, so it would feel the same, as far as handling goes.
G'day mate, I may be wrong here, but I am pretty sure they used different geometry on the T series than the XR, And the TS used Koni Shockers. As I said, I may be wrong (it happens often, just ask the missus)
The TS50 does come with the koni as standard, the TE50(The one I was talking about) came with the koni as an option and I think the standard setup was the AU3 XR8 suspension.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #161
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
The TS50 does come with the koni as standard, the TE50(The one I was talking about) came with the koni as an option and I think the standard setup was the AU3 XR8 suspension.
Yeah thats the way it is Goran dead right mate......

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #162
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7

Cheers.
Hear hear. If you have a T3 or a GT parked in your garage, that's a no loss situation if you ask me.

If I spotted a manual T3 in red when I was shopping for my BA XR8, I'm quite sure that would have been parked in my garage instead.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 08:31 PM   #163
Chris
AFF.com.au

T3 is a top car, but the BA is the way to go. Grunt is everything.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #164
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
T3 is a top car, but the BA is the way to go. Grunt is everything.
Exactly, the Phase 3 was best in 71, the T3 was best in 2001, the BAGT is Best in 2005, its pretty simple really! :thebirds: