Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Talking Another what's it worth

Ok, so I'm trawling the net looking at AU fairlanes and came across a AUII Sportsman, I6, one owner with only 101k on it ( private sale). The price looks good but I'm wondering if I could haggle a better one and just wanted to know what others thought a good price would be.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Hard to say without knowing the whole picture but in these troubled times anything from $5000 to $10,000. Though a "good" price might be $7500.

A really motivated vendor might even be convinced to part with it for less.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

couldnt tell you knowing his starting price, condition etc. 101 is low kays. but is a good price for you 10k or is it like 6k?
Old 25-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Sorry, not enough info on my part. The asking price is $9500, private seller, full history, unmolested and undamaged, listed as "Kept in immaculate condition", the families second car used by the wife only which might explain the low ks'.

Bushbasher

PS, I consider that a good price considering the kms and the fact I've not seen another Sportsman so clean and low ks for so little money from either private or dealers, only lesser vehicles for the same or less money.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 25-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Sounds like a 7 to 8 grand car
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

thats a reasonable price.

we sold our sportsman AUII 'lane with 170k on it for 11.5k about 5 months ago. it too was immaculate and had a few mods.

offer them 8 and go from there.
Old 26-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
thats a reasonable price.

we sold our sportsman AUII 'lane with 170k on it for 11.5k about 5 months ago. it too was immaculate and had a few mods.

offer them 8 and go from there.

Looks like my thinking wasn't too far from the mark then as that was exactly what I'd planned on doing, offer 8k then haggle.

Thanks for the input HCL and everyone else, fingers crossed it won't have gone by the time I get a chance to go see it.

Cheers
Bushbasher

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 27-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #8
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Turn up with a pocket full of folding. Money talks.
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #9
TheSly1

The car market is shitfull.. I cant sell a very clean AU Series 3 SR Falcon for a touch over 7k.. i started higher and went down and down... its got a few kms 215k but still, you really have to drive it.. it drives and handles so well.. i have not had even one phone call... it was advertised for 2 months..

Its a buyers market..
TheSly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #10
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey mate
the AU Fairlanes are hard to come by in low km good condition due to them being mostly limos and executive transport etc

that price there sounds great for 100k km

theres a white AU2 Fairlane Sportsman at North Lakes Ford and its got $14k on the sticker(unsure of km etc)
Old 27-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #11
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSly1
The car market is shitfull.. I cant sell a very clean AU Series 3 SR Falcon for a touch over 7k.. i started higher and went down and down... its got a few kms 215k but still, you really have to drive it.. it drives and handles so well.. i have not had even one phone call... it was advertised for 2 months..

Its a buyers market..
Sorry dude, but you're simply asking too much for it.

High kays, and it's an AU!

I don't mean to be offensive, but people are picking up BA's for that sorta money, and say what you want about the BA's, but to the general car buying public, it's a newer, nicer and much better looking car.

NB - I own an AU and like them, but I am not the general car buying public!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
TheSly1

No offense taken at all mate, Yeah i figured i was asking to much for it when no one called.. but its cool i love the car so im going to keep it.. it will serve continue to serve me very well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Sorry dude, but you're simply asking too much for it.

High kays, and it's an AU!

I don't mean to be offensive, but people are picking up BA's for that sorta money, and say what you want about the BA's, but to the general car buying public, it's a newer, nicer and much better looking car.

NB - I own an AU and like them, but I am not the general car buying public!
TheSly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

YAY!!. Say hello to the latest proud new owner in the AU 'Lane club.

2001 AUII Sportsman

Picked it up from Sydney yesterday for $9100 with 101325km on the clock. One owner, always serviced by the dealer who sold it new. Was a mums taxi that never strayed more than 100km from home so effectively has never been out of greater Sydney. Apart from a dim left brake/tail light, which will be sorted pronto, the only thing it needed was a bottle of injector cleaner to clean out the fuel squirters and it's good as gold. Drives like new and does everything it's supposed to.

Being the Sportsman it handles very well for a big car , easily better than the Ghias I've test driven lately and apart from the odd scuff here and there that should all buff out it's schmicko inside and out. I'm one very happy camper right now.

Bushbasher

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 02-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #14
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AWESOME mate!!
welcome to the club
great buy

i like the interior of the sportsmans more too
now all she needs is a raptor supercharger and you will own the road haha!!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:21 AM   #15
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Thanks blackers, great to be in the club but I don't think the minister of finance would understand or appreciate the nuances, subtleties and extra go that only a supercharger can bring, plus the budget has already been allocated to getting gas put on, (LPG not nitrous _ ), then a tow bar and roo bar. Zero points for style and looks but definitely a necessity out here as the old faithful NF is about to go to car heaven after collecting a roo at speed the other week, and I DEFINITELY don't want to bend the Sportsman. Funny, (to me) that the NF only bent the bonnet and bumper and barely bent the radiator support panel so is still completely intact and drivable yet it'll be written off as too expensive to fix; a bit sad really cos it's been a great car, but hey, on the up side, it'll help cover the cost of the new ride.

Bushbasher

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 03-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #16
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

nice car. well done.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #17
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

buy the wreck back and fix and sell it..
if its only minor damage ..
the problem with insurance is EVERYTHING is quoted as genuine new replacment
which adds up VERY quickly as you can imagine
Old 03-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #18
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

it certainly does look very nice, congrats on thge purchase. Hope the car serves you well.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #19
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
buy the wreck back and fix and sell it..
if its only minor damage ..
the problem with insurance is EVERYTHING is quoted as genuine new replacment
which adds up VERY quickly as you can imagine
In all honestly Blackers, I did think of that but it's just not worth it. Although it's all there , the interior is not the best as the dash has some sun damage, the front seat bases are cracked and one is torn and the stereo is a POS and only has front speakers. As for the outside, yes it's straight and rust free but the paint is VERY ordinary if you're closer than about 5m and the cost of a bumper, bonnet then getting the rad. support fixed and the whole lot painted outweighs what I'd get for it. Besides, I only paid 3K for it and it doesn't owe me a thing and the market value on the thing is more than that so I'm in front already.

............. and before the insurance guys and wowsers start having a go, I didn't plan it that way and don't condone trying to scam insurance companies but happenstance just happened to work in my favour this time. And by the same token the down side is, and I'm sure the wowsers will be happy to know, we'll probably lose our ratings 1 once this is all over.

Bushbasher

PS. for those that say " Hang on, your sig. says $1300", that's what I had to pay out of my own pocket after I sold off an old MQ Patrol that was sitting in my yard rusting away to help pay for it....... actually, now I think about it, the final figure was $900 after I convinced the seller to give me a refund of $400 after I discovered the passenger side airbag had been deployed and he'd just cut off the bag and put the cover back on. He'd shorted it when fitting the POS stereo.

MINE- AUII Forte

Last edited by Bushbasher; 03-01-2009 at 08:28 PM.