Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Exclamation [Vict] Woolies Workers: Relay (Refit)

hey guys, just wondering if anyone is doing Relay(Refit) that works At SAFEWAY(Woolworth), i just got asked the 2nd time to do it by my store Trading Manager this week, to do it , if your on casual you rack in the money : , on the them 1st weeks i was doing i was doing 40hrs each week, i did it for 2 weeks, its good cause you get a break from your current Job title, meet other safeway workers within your region, i was just amazed that my region goes all the way to the city stores, the stores that i did and currently doing is

1. Camerwell ( The Big One)
2. Middle Camverweel (The Very Small Store)

i got asked again this week because Woolworth are show caseing their new color sychem and this 2 stores stores are on the list, i'm currently working @ Middle Camberwell (The Very Small Store) this week

Thanks

Last edited by Ralliart; 13-09-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I'm off on 4 months holidays from Woolies as of 10.01am tomorrow.

But they already know that I will only be back for one day afterwards to make it all nice and legal and then I'm leaving for good.

I'm sick of the job (Head Systems Operator), I HATE the company and the way they manage their staff. So I told the Regional Manager what I thought, and that I will be off finding a real job.

I'm actually going to work with Dad at the bus company, part driving, part in the office.
I'll get to sleep past 5am, and actually see daylight everyday!!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I'm off on 4 months holidays from Woolies as of 10.01am tomorrow.

But they already know that I will only be back for one day afterwards to make it all nice and legal and then I'm leaving for good.

I'm sick of the job (Head Systems Operator), I HATE the company and the way they manage their staff. So I told the Regional Manager what I thought, and that I will be off finding a real job.

I'm actually going to work with Dad at the bus company, part driving, part in the office.
I'll get to sleep past 5am, and actually see daylight everyday!!
good on ya mate, i'd love to see daylight, i only see it on my weekend monday and Tuesday. as soon as my car us paid off i've leaving aswell.
Old 14-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Good ol woolies, not lol
I see a lot of woolworths stores are getting refit, which is about time..
I work at powerhouse, again, currently, lol, and couldn't be happier its getting all redone!
As you guys, been pushing hard to get out into a real job lately, but just not finding anything I'm after or they wont hire without experience in wiping the queens !

On that note tho, it is always good to meet a lot of new people during the few weeks in limbo for sure - agreed
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I used to work for woolies before i joined the army. Was good for the first 6 months then groundhog day kicked in, was a nightfill manager good money hours which meant no life outside of work. Used to work fri and sat night and play footy all day sat it sucked. then i joined the army, no more groundhog day!
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

my store is going to have some fun the next 8 weeks its getting redone plus its ganna be a pain with roll cages in the isle with people shift all the stock @ the same time, pretty much all the stores will be changed by 2010 to a new lkayout which is good , i'll be out of safeway soon soon i hope.
Old 16-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Having seen the new brown tickets, I don't hold out much hope for the new colour scheme.

Though at least the second design of the new green shirts is apparently a lot better. They're all 2 sizes too small at the moment!!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
my store is going to have some fun the next 8 weeks its getting redone plus its ganna be a pain with roll cages in the isle with people shift all the stock @ the same time, pretty much all the stores will be changed by 2010 to a new lkayout which is good , i'll be out of safeway soon soon i hope.
My Store (now old store 3270 lavington/albury) is getting a refit done, starts tommorrow. But im leaving and going to QLD to a new store
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Having seen the new brown tickets, I don't hold out much hope for the new colour scheme.

Though at least the second design of the new green shirts is apparently a lot better. They're all 2 sizes too small at the moment!!
omg them greeen shirts look so bad : they could at least put color on the logo : oh well.
Old 16-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #10
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crikey I used to work for Coles way back when they kicked woolies &*^% but now it is the other way around lol

I am talking a long time ago & reading what you guys have said sounds just like it was back then & yes leave when you can as is no future in Supermarket work, I was a manager for many years & know

And I was a good worker as well, does not matter to them.

Better off being a Tradey lol

EDIT: My son who is almost 17 works for Coles atm however after he leaves School he wants to do a Trade & most likely will do the Gap year thing in the Air Force in engineering.
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post