Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-07-2007, 03:03 AM   #1
kpcart
Banned

Default EA - EL Auto factory specs

Hi does anybody know the factory figures for the ea - ed 6 cylinder motors?
Nm and Kw.
I just read a eb 4.0 has 139kw, but ed has 148kw. i thought they were built exactly the same? was something modified on the ed engine, or is it just marketing numbers. Also was there ever dyno maps released for these engines (showing torque curve), these motors seem to have peak torque coming on quite late for a big motor at like 3500rpm. how much torque are they making at 2000rpm?

Also does anybody know the factory specs for the falcon auto sixes ea to ed for 0-100km times?
If these werent released, maybe original road test figures from wheels or something similar.

Also would be interested to see compared to commodere sixes VN-VS figures. i would assume vn auto is faster then ea auto, with its lower weight, and high ratio diff.
Does anybody here have such figures or guide me to a website link which might help me?

kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
andrewts
White Car Driver

The EB 3.9 has 139kW same as the EA MPFI 3.9 (CFI had 120KW). The EB 4.0 has 148kW same as the ED, and the EF has 157kW. XRs for EB-ED had 161kW, and EF/EL had 164kW.

In an ED, 0-100 is the 4 speed automatic is 9.4 seconds, about 9 seconds for an EB (According to Falcon Facts, don't know why there is a difference.) 0-100 in an EA is anywhere between 15 and 20 minutes.

So in summary, 3.9L EB had 139, 4.0L EB had 148. 0-100 for a 4speed EB is 9 seconds, and I think about 80% of peak torque is available off the line, although I have nothing to confirm this.

http://www.geocities.com/falconfacts.../ebfalcon.html

Good site this one^^.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Nearly all gains between models are mostly due to the ECU and a little to do with the cam, so just putting in a different motor will not get you much in terms of kw increase.

www.deleted link if you want some really good info.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 03:27 AM   #4
kpcart
Banned

thanks for the links
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
EFIIGHIA40
Starter Motor

EF2 Ghia and EL Ghia had XR6 motors and usually 3.45 LSDs. BUT in the Ford workshop repair manuals they quote the Ghia's as having 162kW not 164kW. Cant find the reason why even in those manuals. Has anyone heard the same?
EFIIGHIA40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
andrewts
White Car Driver

The Ghia models did have 162kW as they used a quieter exhaust system than they did on the XRs, so the engine lost a bit of power. It's not a mistake.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post