Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #151
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonpanelvan
A girl i went to school with had an imprezza and told every one that it was a WRX, i knew it wasnt so i asked her if it was turbo'd just to make sure she even knew the difference between an imprezza and a wrx, n she told me yer its turboed and every thing. So i looked under the bonnet, no turbo no cooler no nothing, told her she is dreaming and she wouldnt except it. till this day she still belives its turbo'd. poor girl
Was her RX Impreza 'tarted up' to look like a WRX?
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #152
JG3282
Awake after dark

I had an interesting conversation once, i pulled into the convenience store to get a bottle of drink on the way home and as i was in & out i left the car idling. before i go further, it is an XE Ghia six cylinder that has a nice lopey idle and admittedly sounds different out the exhaust.
anyway this guy who was wearing an fpr shirt and pirtek hat was there with his ba gt-p and as he walked past he goes "nice sounding machine you got there chief, wazitgotinit? A 351 clevo?"
i reply "thanks mate but its a 4.1 litre."
he then says "ahhh thats a 289 then?"
i just agreed and said "yeah its a windsor mate, wanna take a look?"
"Yep why not"
So I lift the bonnet and there staring him in the face is an Inline six cylinder engine to which he says "looks a bit different to my boss 290 but then v8's have changed a lot since then"
Luckily for me my phone rang and I beat it very quickly

Another was when I got pulled over for a drug & alcohol random test and also a license check. After sitting around for 15 minutes waiting for the result, I lifted the bonnet to de-activate the kill switch and a copper goes "I see you got one of those "factory" ESP turbo's." I looked him almost in tears with laughter and quietly informed him that the "turbo" he could see was actually an Impco LPG mixer

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #153
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Just had another one,
A mates new (to him) white VT drove past, and had a loud whistle that sounded like a blower, so i pull up next to him and ask about his car, he tells me it is supercharged and it is hidden so i lift the bonnet...
Me (being sarcastic). yeah its well hidden, i cant even see a belt drive.
mate. nah its not its electric, like mad max's, just under bonnet so its more sleeper ya know?
Me. yeah i get it, looks like you got a loose pipe here, *plug it back in* lets hear ya start it up.
he starts the car, no whistle, the only thing i can think of it was the pipe i plugged back in...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #154
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

was at a maccas one night and this hot looking NU Fairlane with 20" cromies rocked up, a guy near me and my mates said 'whats that car' his mate replied, 'its the Ford Statesman'
Old 01-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #155
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Default Diet-What The ?

My Mum told us kids that 'Tim Tams' where diet biscuits. :

Naturally we wouldn't touch them. Instead we would kill each other to get the last 'Tic Toc'. :hihi: :hihi:

Arrgghh..... the good old day's... What a sucker....

I am making up for it now though....

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 03:59 AM   #156
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Well this has been a very amusing read.

I usually turn off after they mutter the words " MY Mates got" , My Dads got" or "My Girl friends, second cousins, best mans, uncles, dentist has got"

But hey thats just me.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:25 AM   #157
crackatinny
Starter Motor

Once a certain politicion told us

The GST is dead
crackatinny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 04:47 AM   #158
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

all you guys saying the Ford Commodore, or the Holden Falcon doesnt exist.. i have proof! (this was scanned by myslef a year or two ago, from a ad in a brisbane paper from a brisbane ford dealer!)

Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #159
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

A guy i work with told me that the Black mad Max coupe was actually made from 2 XC Sedans that were chopped and joined, Not a single Coupe with a few mods that we have all seen :rolleyes:
He swore black and blue that he was right and i didnt know what i was talking about.

Now consider this...
One of my best mates from school, his uncle was a metal fabricator on the set of Mad Max.
I think i know a thing or two... ;)

AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #160
Jayden
Graphic Artist

over msn I was discussing 'cars in general' with an american guy I dont know, mostly about aussie cars he knew nothing about and american cars I knew next to nothing about like the Grand Prix and whatever else ugly-*** scrap they call cars, after a while he says GM use Ford and Holden to test cars in Aus before they sell them in the states. He needs two kicks up the backside for ignorance:
1 - Firstly and most obviosly ford is not in league with GM. duh,
2 - so our long history of successful cars were all product testing and not built specifically for the aussie market, and since all but the HSV GTO didnt get out the country they all failed? typical.

you wish you had cars of our quality man!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:09 PM   #161
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

A clown I worked with for a short time told me that purpose built turbo rotary drag cars made top fuellers look like they were standing still and would consistantly run into the 5's. When I pointed out that the Aust. TF record was around 4.8 sec and the world record was approx. 4.40 sec. he gave me a blank look and walked away. He also told me his old turbo Gemini would flog any V8 (reference my XR8) especially because he used to launch in 2nd everytime????? Only the above turbo rotaries could beat him....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #162
ausmetalforever
Starter Motor

I got talkin to this guy about his stock vn, says he slapped a second hand t03 turbo on it ( no cooler set up etc., nothin) and said it ran 12 sec. 1/4 times and twisted the chassis. He also says his vn eats ls1's & r33 gtr's
ausmetalforever is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #163
ltd
Force Fed Fords

^^^
Tell your mate if he keeps flogging it that hard he's likely to pull some knee cartilage.

Ah, the VN brethren are always good for a laugh aren't they?

Knew a guy that told me his VN calais blew away a R33. I told him that if it was true the R33 would not have been trying, he reckons that it was revving its guts out but his VN beat it. Two days later he wrapped the VN around a pole. Poetic justice I guess.

Tell you what though, what would be interesting is to see the statistics of accidents ie, how many VN's wrapped around a pole as opposed to say EA's.
How many VT's have been written off as a result of at fault accidents as opposed to EF-EL's etc. Would be fun to view the stats.

Quote: