Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
ednap

Default 2011 Mondeo Titanium Hatch - Luggage Area?

Two issues/questions.

Luggage area lighting.
When is the light on the driver sidewall in the luggage area supposed to illuminate and is it switch activated? (Cannot seem to get mine to come on)

Boot liner
I ordered a boot liner from local ford dealer but was very unhappy with the fit. Despite confirming with the dealer the unit is for the hatch the shape does not match the shape of the boot at all. Too narrow in spots and the liner had a significant curved section (size of a spare tire?) instead of the rather straight boot lip. They ordered in another one but it was exactly the same.

Has anyone had similar experience or purchased a liner from other than Ford direct.

Many thanks.

Ed

ednap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Default Re: 2011 Mondeo Titanium Hatch - Luggage Area?

Can't comment on the liner however the light in my Zetec comes on by itself when I raise the hatch. Looks like you might have a faulty bulb?
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

do you have a bulb fault warning come up in the warnings screen?? i just had a brake light go and it flagged a faulty bulb...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Our Mondeo Hatch also has an ill fitting cargo liner. We asked the dealer but were told that it was the correct one. I thought it may have been fitted with the wagons cargo liner by mistake, but it turns out the part numbers are the same. I get the feeling this accessory is a generic item (even though it has "Mondeo" stamped on it) much like the boot scuff gaurd that is also used by honda and mazda with different logo's.
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
ednap

No bulb fault warnings.

But it doesn't come on when I open the hatch so guess I will have to pull the light fitting out and check the bulb then
Old 14-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
ednap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
Our Mondeo Hatch also has an ill fitting cargo liner. We asked the dealer but were told that it was the correct one. I thought it may have been fitted with the wagons cargo liner by mistake, but it turns out the part numbers are the same. I get the feeling this accessory is a generic item (even though it has "Mondeo" stamped on it) much like the boot scuff gaurd that is also used by honda and mazda with different logo's.
Thanks very much for your reply. Appreciate your sharing your own experience.

I gained the impression it was not matched to the shape of the hatch but better suited to the wagon. Poor form in my opinion.
Old 14-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I agree, the end of the liner dosnt even fit in the allocated space so it kinda buckles up on the boot edge.
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
ednap

Quote:
I agree, the end of the liner dosnt even fit in the allocated space so it kinda buckles up on the boot edge.
Yeah my point exactly.

I will see what I can find in the "Universal Liner" market but I hope Ford will release a specific liner for the hatch eventually. Though to be honest I doubt it will happen.
Old 15-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #9
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
do you have a bulb fault warning come up in the warnings screen?? i just had a brake light go and it flagged a faulty bulb...
Thats funny I replaced my brake bulb last week after I got the same warning and the very same bulb has gone again today,rear driver side!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

My MB Hatch had the factory spec "delete-option" of no bulb in the boot light. Reported at 3000km courtesy service, and supplied at no cost .
Lost track of how many hours spent re-reading the manual / ferreting around car for that 'extra' switch to turn it on.

Has worked fine ever since as it now has a bulb to complete the electrical circuit.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #11
Mackspower

That's hilarious . . . "delete-option" >> bulb boot light. Why would that ever be a delete option?!
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #12
ednap

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
My MB Hatch had the factory spec "delete-option" of no bulb in the boot light. Reported at 3000km courtesy service, and supplied at no cost .
Lost track of how many hours spent re-reading the manual / ferreting around car for that 'extra' switch to turn it on.

Has worked fine ever since as it now has a bulb to complete the electrical circuit.
My 3000k service is next week so Ill get them to look
Old 16-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #13
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Delete option - Explained - The early Capri GTs normally came with bonnet black out and side stripes (the 'tough' look), but could be ordered without as a special 'delete-option' order.
IIRC XB Falcons had similar optional deletions available (but that was 35yrs ago, my brain is a lot fuller and is less effective nowadays....wife/kids/mortgage/red wines...)

However, I reckon a <beep> bulb should have been present in the fitting ex-factory (even if blown !!) .
Old 17-11-2011, 02:05 AM   #14
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have a look here: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/c/in...cessories_228/

They've used the same photo, but each Mondeo body variant (4-door, hatch and wagon) has different part number. Just another example of Ford AU not supporting the Mondeo properly.

You'll no doubt be pleased to know that the wagon boot liner fits the wagon perfectly.
Old 18-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #15
wusyc

I got a boot liner for my MB hatch today. It fits fine. The only bits that it doesn't cover the the extreme left and and right wing. If you look at the Ford website and look for the photos, it looks exactly the same.
Old 18-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #16
ednap

Congratulations!

I don't know if the MB is the same as the 2011 car I have ( I think my car is an MC?) but I do know the Ford liner supposedly suited to my car doesn't fit.

In your car, Does the edge of the liner which sits against the boot lip actually matching the straight shape of the boot or does it have extending a curved centre section (size of spare wheel)?

My lip is straight, the supplied liner has an extended curved section in the centre.

I also found it was too narrow and didn't match the carpeted floor area of my hatch.
Old 19-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
ednap

Today I bought a universal rubber boot liner from Clark Rubber. $47 and after trimming it to suite I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Length and main width good, had to trim a bit of the extra wide side flaps as I elected to leave the two storage wells on rather side pod the floor pan uncovered.

Also cut a couple of slots to access the luggage tie downs as I have a cargo net over the top of the liner.

Job done.

Peace of mid service next week so will leave the boot light for them to rectify.
Old 20-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednap
Congratulations!

I don't know if the MB is the same as the 2011 car I have ( I think my car is an MC?) but I do know the Ford liner supposedly suited to my car doesn't fit.

In your car, Does the edge of the liner which sits against the boot lip actually matching the straight shape of the boot or does it have extending a curved centre section (size of spare wheel)?

My lip is straight, the supplied liner has an extended curved section in the centre.

I also found it was too narrow and didn't match the carpeted floor area of my hatch.
In the MB (most probably MA as well), the boot has a curved centre section that matches with the liner. Looks like Ford changed that in the MC and Ford here may not have the matching liner yet.

Sounds like you got it all set with some clearer work done yourself. Well done!
Old 20-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #19
ednap

Guess that may be the case in a few things. I couldnt get a refund from ford on the liner only a credit so I ordered some smoked Perspex weathershields for the door windows. When they arrived they were marked Ford Mondeo MA/MB. Still fit though.
Old 20-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #20
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The MC is a facelift - things like boot liners should fit any Mk 4 Mondeo, as long as they're for the correct body type!
Old 24-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #21
ednap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
The MC is a facelift - things like boot liners should fit any Mk 4 Mondeo, as long as they're for the correct body type!
Interesting comment.

Perhaps "should" but certainly doesn't.

Without seeking to over repeat what has already be recorded in this thread the boot liner listed and provided my my local Ford dealer for my HATCH does not fit the MC HATCH. Close but no cigar.

Last edited by ednap; 24-11-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 24-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #22
ednap

Quote:
My 3000k service is next week so Ill get them to look
Appears mine too may have had the missing bulb option in the luggage area

Now working fine after bulb fitted at the 300k service.
Old 24-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #23
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

a-ha !!!
Ednap...you also may have ordered (or at least received) the 'delete-option' without knowing it !!!
Wouldn't there be a tick box on quality control /pre-delivery that says....all lights work Y/N?
Old 29-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #24
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Interesting comment.

Perhaps "should" but certainly doesn't.

Without seeking to over repeat what has already be recorded in this thread the boot liner listed and provided my my local Ford dealer for my HATCH does not fit the MC HATCH. Close but no cigar.
That it because it is the wagon boot liner. It has nothing to do with your car being a MC - check out some used Mondeos if you don't believe me.
Old 30-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #25
ednap

Yet the boot liner supplied for my hatch by ford and marked as a hatch boot liner didn't fit. They ordered a second one, also marken (on packaging) for hatch and it was the same as the first, didn't fit.

As I said I have bought a universal may now and cut it to fit all good.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:39 AM   #26
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm glad you've got it sorted. But from your description, I'm sure Ford supplied a wagon boot liner as the load area lip is curved. (Sorry the photo is so huge)

Ford AU even has a photo on their website showing the correct boot liner fitted to a hatch!

Old 11-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #27
ednap

The liner they provided me was not fully curved and wasn't the one in your photo.

It was mostly flat across the back except in the very centre where it was curved to what looked like the size of a spare wheel.

I should have taken a happy snap but didn't.

As I have said several times now the label on the packaging of both units supplied by FORD said it was for a Mondeo HATCH. As this is my first Mondeo I have no idea if the earlier models matched the liner but my current unit certainly didn't.

Ed
Old 11-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #28
wusyc

Quote:
The liner they provided me was not fully curved and wasn't the one in your photo.

It was mostly flat across the back except in the very centre where it was curved to what looked like the size of a spare wheel.

As I have said several times now the label on the packaging of both units supplied by FORD said it was for a Mondeo HATCH. As this is my first Mondeo I have no idea if the earlier models matched the liner but my current unit certainly didn't.

Ed
The one I bought for my MB fits your description. It really sounds like Ford changed that part of the car a bit for MC and the local Ford operation has not caught up with this.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #29
ednap

Yeah that's what I think too.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #30
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ed
Is this what it looked like: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Monde...ht_1090wt_1069