Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Riots on Princess HWY tonight because of the cancellation of easternats

Just got a message from a mate and its not good news for all us car enthusiasts.
Because of the cancellation of the Easternats, some morons took it upon themselves to host illegal drags on princess hwy (a major Melbourne road known for illegal drags in the past), apparently from what im told a riot broke out and they broke into Bob Jane smashed all the windows and tooks rims out and threw them.

This is not good, I think this is the final straw, we are all categorised into the "hoons" class whether we enjoy our cars and do nothing stupid or not.

No doubt this will incident will be blasted across the papers, airwaves and TV today.

Old 20-03-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as they say Nothing comes from doing nothing so they're getting a response weather its good or bad
no doubt it will cause more dramas for us enthusiasts tho
Old 20-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #3
Tray
......Car Crazy......

yeah a couple of my mates just told me about it, cant see a fix for what happened, bloody a$$whole$.
WANTED - BF MK2.5 XR6 Seduce - PM me
RIP SHYXR
Old 20-03-2010, 02:12 AM   #4
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezxr8man
as they say Nothing comes from doing nothing so they're getting a response weather its good or bad
no doubt it will cause more dramas for us enthusiasts tho
Yeh but thats not the way to go about it. From what I read in the cancellation report, it had nothing to do with Bob Jane, and these idiots have gone and smashed up one of his tyre outlets, and even if it was Bob Janes fault going on some vendetta is also not the answer.
People smashed traffic lights, people were doing burnouts and other people were throwing flares, this was a planned riot, people obviously had all intentions of rocking up and causing problems, it was never going to be a peaceful protest, just an excuse for a bunch of idiots to smash property.
Old 20-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Only idiots take part in this type criminal action.

I can never understand Bob Jane every-time there seems to be some good will and understanding for these type of events he cancels them, any wonder people are sick of Calder and looking for a new solution for drag and motor-sport events.

=================================================
Current email in circulation.

Many of you would have seen the Premier of Victoria’s facebook.

On there is a poll for the most popular subject.

The new Drag Racing venue has topped the poll.

Now to vote on the poll you must register. This is to ensure that those responding are Victorians.

So please everyone of you…go to the following link – register – then support the poll! (Errr – NOW!!!!)

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/share-...melbourne.html

Do it now guys as we have their attention and they are trying to see how many ‘Victorians’ want this…and get friends and relations who are supportive to do the same!

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 20-03-2010, 03:27 AM   #6
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/rev...-1225843056990

Quote:
HUNDREDS of revheads trashed a Bob Jane T-marts store and brought the Princes Highway in Oakleigh to a standstill for hours last night.

The police air wing was called in to monitor the crowds after flares were set off and people flooded into the street.

The commotion started after the EasterNats race meet at Calder Park Raceway was cancelled earlier this week, and the crowds last night decided to vent their anger on the sponsor's store, on the corner of Princes Hwy and Warrigal Rd.

Did you take photos or video this violent incident? Email us at sundayhs@heraldsun.com.au or phone 9292 2963.

As the angry fans trashed the store, breaking windows and stealing car parts from inside, witnesses and bystanders were forced to take shelter in their cars and nearby restaurants.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Murrumbeena resident Cheryl, who was driving her 16-year-old son Jake home from a basketball game, took shelter in the nearby KFC and said she was too scared to leave for an hour.

"It was like something from Beirut,'' she said.

Cheryl said the crowds got progressively violent and aggressive.

"They were letting off flares and driving hotted-up cars on the street,'' she said.

"It was absolute mayhem.''

"Within 10 minutes there were hundreds of high-powered cars. It was like an organised protest and we were trapped in it.''

A police spokeswoman said the riotous behaviour had started some point after 11 and police were clearing the scene.

EasterNats promoter Jon Davison said Bob Jane had cancelled the event ``as a result of our inability to finalise a satisfactory contract''.

"There were a lot of people very annoyed about the event not proceeding, but I don't know who is behind this,'' he said.

"I am in no way supportive of any illegal activity. I am staggered this has happened.''
Forced Performance Tuned
Old 20-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #7
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

And now we are all screwed thanks to these luddites. Happy 2010 car enthusiasts.
Old 20-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

And here I thought I was disturbing the neighbours welding and tapping, trying to fit my extractors and cat. Got it done (quietly) in the end; lucky I don't live near Oakleigh!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 20-03-2010, 04:21 AM   #9
Thornie
Off smelting

Not the first time and proberly not the last, bloody sucks though ppl who dont give a rats about anyone else except themselves resort to this kind of rubbish tarring the rest of us with the same tainted brush.

I've article about my home town easter weekend 1981 riot act was read out and all the article is only small but my mum tells me it was alot more wild than the article makes out.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=4406,7711215
Old 20-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

For the serious enthusiast, this is the worst thing that could happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooQOrNfPjU
Old 20-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

any one thats in to cars is labeld a hoon, these sorts of idiots only make it worse.

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 20-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #12
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What can i say.... there will now be parallels made between anti social behaviour, the modified car scene and recreational motorsport... which will further fuel the anti hoon/car enthusiast debate.
The sad thing is probably most of the people at this riot are just spectators at the drags and easternats/summernats type events anyway... or just professional trouble makers..

Anyone who thinks its ok because they were just there to watch is also a significant part of the problem.

Last edited by 4Vman; 20-03-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 20-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #13
XRLENC

What a sad excuse for a riot..What ever happened to signs and catchy chants? Braking windows and rolling a ute at a Bob Jane dealer is not a protest, its an excuse to be destructive and violent..What these people obviously dont realise is that Bob Jane doesnt even own that store, he owns the franchise, so destroying that store doesnt affect him, it affects the innocent shop owner..And as if thats going to convince Bob Jane to hold the Easternats now...These people arent enthusiasts, there a bunch of f#^!&%@!'s, that get there jolleys off by participating in criminal acts such as this, and ruin the modified car seen for the rest of us..
Old 20-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #14
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
What can i say.... there will now be parallels made between anti social behaviour, the modified car scene and recreational motorsport... which will further fuel the anti hoon/car enthusiast debate.
The sad thing is probably most of the people at this riot are just spectators at the drags and easternats/summernats type events anyway...
Exactly, these fools have played right into the hands of people with political
clout who want to brand all performance enthusiasts as louts and hooligans.

Well done idiots, you've just made life harder for the rest of us..
Old 20-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #15
lemon
The "Rose"

I agree
Old 20-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #16
LTDHO
The one and only

It's all over for anyone with a modified car now.

These kids have wrecked anything that was left for us.

Personally I think anyone who went should be shot.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 20-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #17
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Just read the report on my MSN page, I recon I'd be to worried to take a modified car into Melbourne the next few weeks, The police will be on a mission, and regular Joes will just have such an attitude towards the innocent parties amongst us, To anyone who participated in this, YOU ABSOLUTE MORONS!!!!!! you have just set things back for the rest of us for a long time.
Old 20-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #18
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just opend April Street Machine and in the sip pack section there talking of a return of drag racing to Calder, how much do you think these idiots did to see this eventuate

blooody morons

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 20-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #19
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is a sad day for the real car enthusiast...

It just makes the whole attempt at getting a purpose built venue for this sort of event even harder.

Well done you pack of tossers you don't really give a rats about the event or the likes you tossers are just out to cause trouble...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #20
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

This is gonna be big, Just look at what happened after the "Noble Park maccas" riot. Splashed all over the news, and in the paper about rev-heads, not a good look at all.

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
Old 20-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #21
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how stupid and childish these people are not motor enthusiast's there is no respect there what about all the good bobs done they could have had a better protest that is so low you didn't see the bike clubs running thur the streets and smashing up the joint we have now hit the bottom you young dumb so and so,s wake up and get some respect you are no help you probably don't even own a car
Old 20-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #22
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Video from a Guy of Street Commodores

No one is happy about what was happened H

Here is how it all started

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RYAN. off Street Commodores
yeah it went sour fast. I had been there earlier and the crowd was getting rowdy so we moved on and drove around a little. by the time we returned the thousand ppl had been moved on and the road was closed. not 'all' the windows were broken and they had turned the bob jane promo ute on its roof. But it was stupid. It started peacefully and was destroyed by select people letting off flares. fireworks, chanting "start a riot" and throwing ******** at the police. about 20 cop cars flew past us to get there and sort it out, and about 15 were already on scene. crowd control was called in and the dogs were set on the rioters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooQOrNfPjU
As with the Noble Park Riots there is always one ore two idiots that start everything...............

I thing that comes out of this video is that there is NO CARS - so we cant possibly be labled HOONS

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.

Last edited by Sorted; 20-03-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 20-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #23
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lastminuteNATS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The LastminuteNATS is an event put together by Adam Ronke at Winton Raceway to try and give the car enthusiasts somewhere to go this Easter now that EasterNATS has been cancelled.

The Event will consist of:
Burnouts
Powerskids
Drags
Cruizin'

There maybe Drift events, we are just looking at time constraints at the present. Please everyone remember that these events take months of planning, and this one is very much a LAST MINUTE event.

THIS EVENT IS 100% HAPPENING!!

Entry Fee for Competitors: $150
Garages $80 per car
Powered Carports $40
Spectators $20 each
Camping $15 per head per night

Bar and Kiosk facilities will be open.

Registration and Scrutineering will take place from 12noon Friday, Camping will open from 10am Friday
Old 20-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #24
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

What a bunch of tools... no wonder the VIC police come down hard...
these guys are just stupid...Protest My A$$..this was just plain stupidity
and proved no point to anyone,....except that these people have no respect
for anyones property .... Thanks for screwing all of us over ..clowns

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
Old 20-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #25
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow. Looks like some people don't like being told no. So lets go on a riot and put the fear of god in to innocent people. : I wonder whether the proprieter of this particular Bob Jane store would had any say on the Easternats event being cancelled? Would have been head office, and isn't he just part of a franchise.

It's funny how in states like Victoria, you guys have places to go a race your cars. In Canberra, we had 1 drag strip out by the airport, not anywhere within earshot of any residential properties, and the government decided to abandon it and won't let it reopen. It's in total disrepair and is good for grazing cattle. ACT motoring enthusiasts have been rallying for a new site for years. No-one in the sitting ACT government and residents want any type of motor racing facility in the Capital. Even if it is nowhere near residents. The noise it will create will be too much for them to deal with. Funny how residents are happy to live on busy main roads, but not impressed about a drag strip they most likely will never hear anyway.
Old 20-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #26
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted

I thing that comes out of this video is that there is NO CARS - so we cant possibly be labled HOONS
Too late:

http://www.news.com.au/national/revh...-1225843075273

Quote:
HUNDREDS of revheads trashed a Bob Jane T-marts store and brought a major highway to a standstill for hours last night.
The police air wing was called in to monitor the crowds after flares were set off and people flooded into the street.
The commotion started after the EasterNats race meet at Calder Park Raceway was cancelled earlier this week, and the crowds last night decided to vent their anger on the sponsor's store, on the corner of Princes Highway and Warrigal Road in Victoria.
Police said more than 2000 people gathered at the intersection, which forced police to stop traffic along the busy Princes Highway, Australia's No. 1 highway.
As the angry fans trashed the store, breaking windows and stealing car parts from inside, witnesses and bystanders were forced to take shelter in their cars and nearby restaurants.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
About eight windows were smashed, tyres and batteries were stolen and a ute was turned over by the furious hoons, who ransacked the store.
Franchise owner Neville Smith, who has operated the Oakleigh store for 16 years, estimates the damage to the store is more than $15,000.
The Dandenong Rd side of the store was severely damaged, as the out-of-control attackers terrorised nearby motorists and bystanders.
Murrumbeena resident Cheryl, who was driving her 16-year-old son Jake home from a basketball game, took shelter in the nearby KFC and said she was too scared to leave for an hour.
"It was like something from Beirut,'' she said.
Cheryl said the crowds got progressively violent and aggressive.
"They were letting off flares and driving hotted-up cars on the street,'' she said.
"It was absolute mayhem.''
"Within 10 minutes there were hundreds of high-powered cars. It was like an organised protest and we were trapped in it.''
A police spokeswoman said the riotous behaviour had started some point after 11 and police were clearing the scene.
EasterNats promoter Jon Davison said Bob Jane had cancelled the event "as a result of our inability to finalise a satisfactory contract''.
"There were a lot of people very annoyed about the event not proceeding, but I don't know who is behind this,'' he said.
"I am in no way supportive of any illegal activity. I am staggered this has happened.''

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 20-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #27
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.theage.com.au/photogaller...electedImage=0

Clear photots of some of the idiots smashing the windows
Old 20-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #28
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well thats going to be hard to recover from.

Half the morons there probably scabbed lifts with there bogan friends. Anyone who was associated with that or is friends with attendees should be ashamed.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 20-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #29
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Heroes in hoodies, Commodores and our 'multicultural society', its all you can see in the videos. . . Meanwhile, the real car enthusiasts were probably in their sheds, working on their pride and joy
Old 20-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #30
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Such pathetic little individuals... thing that gets me is that they are reported as 'hoons' rioting the store.... Not angry protesters but hoons.

Surprised me that the cops weren't there to begin with as it was well known this 'protest' was going to take place

Sad day for us REAL car enthusiasts
Closed Thread