Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-03-2022, 09:41 AM   #31
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: If there had been no covid pandemic or chip shortage where...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
It never works abusing people in positions of power, diplomacy works much better

When I got pulled over I knew straight up,

- I've lost my licence
- My car will be be impounded
- Potential yellow sticker

Play it cool - I can attempt to mitigate damage,

How fast do you think you were you going? About 160km/h (first mistake - admission)

Then got the angry yelling and lecture on the side of the road about driving like a knob.

They got me first at 161, then when I saw them, got on the anchors and lasered again at 135.

He goes, can book you at 161 or 135 - but I'm going to book you at 161.

Ouch, anyway I was polite all the way through, and it gets a mention on the summons.

Car is idling on the side of the road, he's standing at my window and we're talking to each other, the car is loud AF, he's like can you turn it off I can't hear you..

Could have given yellow sticker as well, but didn't.

Had I decided to give him lip no doubt I'd come out of it with all of the above but also a major defect/EPA notice thingo, car being searched on the side of the road et al.

Mind you my cousin got let off with 122 in 60 zone, guess it depends on how people feel at the time.

The irony being because the 161 is a high range offence, there's no demerit points, if I got done for the 135 would have lost my licence on the spot (3 months), but I can still drive until my date with the magistrate.

The part that I lol about is they impounded my car for 30 days, (and even took it to the wrong yard and it got moved from there again) but because I've got three cars I was back on the road the same day.

I'm thinking about transferring all my cars out of my name, into my oldies, that way they can drive any of them without getting pulled over every 30 seconds because of that ANPR stuff flagging my cars as unlicensed driver. They use two of them on the regular.
Great story big Damo.
Love it.
and yes the right approach with Police Officer.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: