Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #91
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: VFACTS August 2013

Just another point that I noticed at work today. As I am with a large Aussie company with have fleet deals for our corporate vehicles.

But, we also get really good deals through the same company for lease/personal use. So even if I was going to buy a new Ford I would have to think hard about it when I can easy get thousands off a Toyota.

So having fleets is good for a steady income to OEM's, but there are side benefits of locking in companies aswell.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #92
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Next months figures should be decent. There are over 500 Fords sitting on hold in Geelong waiting to go out to employees alone, with most of them Territory and to a lesser degree Falcon. There is a big rush to get them registered and out the door now. Don't know how many Broady have but.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #93
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Just another point that I noticed at work today. As I am with a large Aussie company with have fleet deals for our corporate vehicles.

But, we also get really good deals through the same company for lease/personal use. So even if I was going to buy a new Ford I would have to think hard about it when I can easy get thousands off a Toyota.

So having fleets is good for a steady income to OEM's, but there are side benefits of locking in companies aswell.
Company I work for have a Toyota fleet as well. Understand why, but do NOT need to like it

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #94
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury 8 View Post
So what's the go with Kuga then? Ford stated they wanted to break into this segment in a big way with Kuga.Bugger all advertising except for The Voice which was a bit of a failure.334 Kuga's sold in August,that isn't setting the segment pace as they were counting on,in fact that is a very poor result for such a good vehicle.So is it marketing,pricing or both? For me I think it is both as it is a very fierce segment and there is plenty of stock sitting around so they need to do something to move them.
Plenty of stock sitting around? Really? When a new model gets released, typically its high end stuff that sells 1st and then filters down to middle of range and base models. Take the focus as an example. Plenty of titanium/ sport sales to start with then trend took over and now makes up over 40% of focus sales. How many Titanium Kugas are out there?
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #95
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
Plenty of stock sitting around? Really? When a new model gets released, typically its high end stuff that sells 1st and then filters down to middle of range and base models. Take the focus as an example. Plenty of titanium/ sport sales to start with then trend took over and now makes up over 40% of focus sales. How many Titanium Kugas are out there?
Same cars sitting at the same dealers for a while now.I drive past all the big dealers in Brisbane nearly every day.Titanium may start to move now that the prices are finally being adjusted to meet the market.Being quoted 50k for eco and 55 k for diesel makes it easy to keep my money in the bank.Some of you guys need to take note on what the competition is doing and you may be able to sell more cars.334 Kuga sales with 1300 or more sitting in yards is pretty poor in anyone's terms.Didn't another boat load ( Hoegh) arrive a week or so ago as well?
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #96
BP'93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
New Zealand Sales - LINK

Falcon 68
Falcon Ute 2
Territory 114
Fiesta 88
Focus 121
Mondeo 113
Transit 67
Ranger 392

Colorado 187
VF Ute 19
Commodore 247
Cruze A 238
Cruze K 33
Barina 26
Spark 27
Captiva 207
Colorado7 31
HSV 21
Malibu 24
Trax 6
Got figures for Holden/Ford Australia?

Cheers, Byron.
BP'93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #97
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Go check out Russell's work.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Falcon Ute 324 sales for August. YTD it's down 18.5% which isn't too bad given that Falcon is down 31.8%.

The first set of graphical stats have been uploaded for the month and can be found HERE.

Cheers
Russ
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post