Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #31
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

We get the same thing leaving 4x4 comps. They set up defect stations in the surrounding towns and pull over all 4x4s leaving the event. We are paying to go watch and use the 4x4 tracks legally instead of ripping up local bushland and peoples backyards, yet they single us out. Its crap mate and I agree with you 100%
Old 30-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #32
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same thing at the spit on sunday arvos and Harrys, munchies etc any event that has modified cars there will be defect stations and a heavy police presence it's part of the life we now live in and the constant attack on the car culture, it won't change anytime soon either so we better get used to it.

Personally i think it is a good thing, as mentioned before most cars pulled over are the bogan p plate commodores with skid rims on the back and chopped springs. If in doubt, put it on a trailer and make sure you take the plates & sticker off otherwise they will still defect the car.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #33
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Its a sad fact of life these days and easy pickings for police.

The cops used to do the same thing down here at the Easternats. Even booking cars in the car park on there way to the trailer.

And just last week at Alice Springs where they have a parade of old trucks for the annual Transport Hall of Fame the NT police booked a bunch of historic trucks for RWC items. These were not B-doubles running the Hume.

I know this is not the PC stance, but I have to agree with the OP. I know if your 100% legal your always cool, but nailing a blown car in the 100m to the car park is poor form.

my 2c
Old 31-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #34
zdcol71
zdcol71

A little off topic, but while talking about trailering to events, I didn't know till recently that car towing said trailer and load must weigh more than the combined load being towed, or be a commercial towing vehicle.(Don't quote me though, anyone know the law??)
Old 31-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #35
69frd

Thanks for all the comments guys, calmed down a bit now and re-read my post geez was a bit of a rant.

Also had a bit of time to look round the net last night and read a few govt reports on hooning etc looks like there was a substantial problem with compliants etc as the reason for the anti - hoon laws; but it still really p!sses me off the way they are treating kids doing the right thing.

Would not be so worried if govt gave kids an outlet but with motorbike tracks all closing down, most state forests locked up and Motorsports facilites few and far between what choice do kids have but to go to the back streets - poor buggers.

I was blissfully unaware of the treatment of car enthusiasts by police until now, I guess the events/runs I normally go to just don't attract this sort of attention?

If this is the case though I would encourage anyone concerned to email your local member, premier or police minister if we all bend over & accept this sort of treatment guess what? might as well all be driving those sporty looking camrys!

Don't just read this and think it won't happen to me, or thinks its too hard, have a winge! if we stand up for ourselves at least it might slow down the victimisation.

Shame there is not a lobby group that can stand up for us, must be 10's of thousands of car entusiasts who would put there votes behind the right people, not to mention those sick of the cash revuene machine on the sides of our roads (speed cameras)

Also on the lighter side while trawling I came across this statistic:

Guess what percentage of "hoons" drive Holdens? thought this was classic when I read it guess God really did create Holden to keep d!ckheads out of Fords!

Last edited by 69frd; 31-08-2010 at 09:19 AM.
69frd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #36
Scott

36 Unknown Vehicle Makes & 46 Unknown on Registration????
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #37
tyson_8238
BA diff bushes

I reakon motor vehicle events such as Powercruise is a great way to catch people who drive unroadworthy or illegally modified vehicles. The reason the QPS is targetting such events is to make up numbers of these type of offences to scare people into having there vehicles roadworthy. Personally it was hard for me to understand these things until I started working for the QPS. All laws must be enforced not just the most serious ones.
tyson_8238 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2010, 04:04 AM   #38
Barry_v
rocknrolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson_8238
All laws must be enforced not just the most serious ones.
how about all laws must be enforced, not just against people you don't like.

how about you set up a defect station outside of centerlink and get all the people who can't afford a decent car while you're picking on minorities.
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2010, 04:55 AM   #39
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
All laws must be enforced not just the most serious ones.

Very well said.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #40
tyson_8238
BA diff bushes

Its not personal though setting up an operation to defect vehicles at a motor event is a good use of resources in my opinion. You gotta put your resources where there are most effective because there are only 10500 police officers in QLD to account for 4500000 people and over a course of a day theres 3 shifts so 3500 to protect 4500000 lives at any given time, Makes sense to me. Also since when were car owners a minority?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #41
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Its not personal though setting up an operation to defect vehicles at a motor event is a good use of resources in my opinion. You gotta put your resources where there are most effective because there are only 10500 police officers in QLD to account for 4500000 people and over a course of a day theres 3 shifts so 3500 to protect 4500000 lives at any given time, Makes sense to me. Also since when were car owners a minority?

I think he means people on benefits.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #42
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69frd
Also on the lighter side while trawling I came across this statistic:

Guess what percentage of "hoons" drive Holdens? thought this was classic when I read it guess God really did create Holden to keep d!ckheads out of Fords!
I found the number driving Datsun's to be the most interesting actually, considering that much less Nissan's are sold in Australia then Holdens and Fords.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #43
tyson_8238
BA diff bushes

Yeah I still dont understand his point. If people can spend alot of money of making a very nice vehicle but cant provide the basic safety such as roadworthy tyres, brakes and suspension then they deserve to be defected in my opinion. Those are the sort of people they cause accidents and cost lives.