Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
josh_hartman
Banned

Question Cluster confusion. Need help understanding

ok so back in the day i had a series 1 forte. changed 4 wires around and fitted a seies 1 fairmont dash. everything worked fine but didnt display dte. so then i upgraded to a series 2 xr dash and everything worked fine.

now i have an xr8 series 1 ute and wanna upgrade to series 2 cluster. but have been told you cant do it. i cant see why not if i did it in a forte :S only thing i would be concerned about is the gear display om the dash as my ute is 5 speed manual. can someone help me out

josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
cougermoon
Mr blue

Dont see why you couldnt, the only thing that might not wok is the gear display. I did it to my forte and its great everything works on it.

let us know how it goes.

Will

Engine Mods:| 4499's Pacies | 2.5" single muffler Redback Cat back | Hi-Flow Cat | Custom intake 3" | SS CAI snorkel | BM Hi-Flow Filter |

Visual Mods:| Clear side indicators | Tickford Wings | XR dash cluster | Black gear surround and shifter | Painted brakes | 18" BF XR8 mags | Black chrome tail lights

My Build
cougermoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post