Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 26-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #31
whippet_zetec
Supes

wow 3:30am, thats a keen keen start to the day, better get an early Saturday night then huh?
Old 26-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #32
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Yes you do, we'll disown you forever if you don't!:monkes:
Is this still true? :

Early saturday night if i do go... which sucks as its the last weekend of uni break, and we are supposed to be getting ****ed....

(I do not in any way condone alcoholic behaviour : )

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #33
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I hope people aren't going to be pulling out left right and centre... a couple of us have put alot of time, money, and effort into making this happen.

We'd really appreciate it if people will make the effort to turn up, its the only time this year we're asking people to come.

Even if you have a night out beforehand, you won't need to be driving all day, so bring your car, grab some coffee when you get there and you can spend the morning relaxing.

Regards, Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #34
whippet_zetec
Supes

or

bring a tent, pitch it, grab your sleeping bag and get some zzzz's
Old 26-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #35
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsy
My appologies if I am a bit late just thinking about it and it looks like a 3:00am start for me - I'll give you a call Tim if I am running a bit behind, but I will be there strong coffee in hand sleep: :baby bott
No worries LeeAnne, you have my number, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Teki - it'd be really good if you could come, your Fiesta is hawt! : Just don't keep drinking till 5am and you'll be right ;)

Tim
Old 27-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #36
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Just don't keep drinking till 5am and you'll be right ;)
I usually get home at 5am, and you expect me to be at KK at 7am :

I might see what happens... Only time i can clean the car is... friday morning, and then i have to use it on friday and saturday... so it might not be clean clean. But yea... ill see what happens. I should be having a big night on thursday, so ill possibly have a quiet one saturday... Or i could go out sat night and leave the clubs at 5am and head straight out to Warrick Farm :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 27-07-2005, 07:01 AM   #37
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'll bring some Meguiars quick detailer with me, and can give your car a clean when you get there, if you can make it.

There's going to be so much to see, I'm excited!

Tim
Old 27-07-2005, 07:13 AM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'll bring some Meguiars quick detailer with me, and can give your car a clean when you get there, if you can make it.

There's going to be so much to see, I'm excited!

Tim
I think we are arriving at KK's at 7. Might try to get there a little earlier to see all the euro's together.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #39
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I am also very very excited/pumped for the day. I will be getting up at 6am on saturday morning clean the fez all day as it is filthy with mud, and smells like something shocking.

Also will be having a late saturday night, but hopefully some KK will wake me up in the morning!!! what time do they open?? a dozen should do me...

Anyways will be good to meet everyone and have a good ol time.

Cya There.

Damo
Old 29-07-2005, 01:40 PM   #40
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I've spent serious time and money bringing my paint back up to what it should be, thanks to advice from Todd. Can I just say that the Meguiars Clay Bar Detaling Set and the NXT Tech Wax (with the polish used in between the two) is just fantastic.

Looking forward to the day, there'll be a few suprises for people that were even at the last Eurofordclub cruise!

Timmeh
Old 30-07-2005, 04:50 PM   #41
whippet_zetec
Supes

Tim,

6:45 Start at Liverpool KK......whats the estimated finish time tomorrow afternoon? (any ideas??)
Old 30-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #42
whippet_zetec
Supes

oh and Eddie, will see you there too and have a cd of pics for you.....
Old 30-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #43
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey guys.... really sorry to say.... but my car is only going to be arriving at around... midday? So... it'll stay in the carpark :(

Having a big night tonight... so no way in hell i would be out of the house before 7am. Plus, car still needs a clean, wax and vacuum tomorrow... plus windows cleaned.... so no chance.

Sorry :(

Ill see you all there though!

Old 30-07-2005, 09:50 PM   #44
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

OK... change of plans. Im driving in > not drinking... so i might come early... but still undecided about entering a Fiesta. See ya there!

I have Tim's number and his got mine... so ill keep in touch. Ciao

Last edited by Teki04; 30-07-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #45
whippet_zetec
Supes

Well what a day, another Euroford outing and once again we dialled up the sunshine.

A big effort for those that came, and an even bigger effort by Angry for making the trip from Townsville back to Sydney then heading back North.

The day was good fun even if the cars werent moving, idle chit chat and relaxing was just waht Sundays should be about. The eurofords got a few people looking over them and one Fiesta in particular took the attention of a stalker through the day.

Thanks to Tim and Leanne for their efforts in getting the day together, the banner was brilliant.

Looking forward to the next cruise (Central Coast????)..

Todd
Old 01-08-2005, 07:27 PM   #46
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Which fiesta had a stalker??
Old 01-08-2005, 09:44 PM   #47
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Good to see all the guys again...there were some fantastic cars there and of course the club had a strong presence. I think I lost count of how many falcons were present.
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 09:16 AM   #48
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Which fiesta had a stalker??
one silver fiesta with new rear light mods
Old 02-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #49
lotsy
Feisty

Hey guys another great day. Good to catch up with those that came. Everyone's car looked fantastic. Oh and I used my powers of persuasion to get angry to fly back on monday rather than drive.

With that stalker - i just feel sorry for her boyfriend i think she was tugging on his arm a little too tight. Anyways thanks to all for a great day out.
lotsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #50
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey! Was good to see everyone again! A great way of advertising the club! Looking foward to it next year.... hopefully with more members!

Old 02-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #51
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

What an awesome day it was, great to see everyone again and hope we all meet up for next year with more Euro Ford members.

I was content to see heaps of peoples looking at all our cars, especially Tims and Leanne's ( I love the rear lights, im jealous heheh).
Old 04-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #52
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Alroity - about time I had five minutes to sit down at a computer!

There's so many people to mention from the day, but I'll make it known I had a good time. It was really good that those that came, did come. You guys made the day a success for us. We had our share of admirers, stalkers, and people who didn't know the club existed come up and say hey! I've been looking for something like you guys. So that was good.

Special thanks to Abraxas (and brother) for his help with chasing up meetup locations, and sourcing me Ford brochures. Also to LeeAnne for her help and support getting the banner to the show - without you, it wouldn't have happened! Glad Angry made it down and that you could convince him to fly back to Townsville. Fast Eddie, you're always a pleasure to have. I like the things you bring to show us, and showing our cars off with us. Thanks. Todd, you're always great to have along, you made the day enjoyable. Steve (and co), Damian, your Fiestas were standouts as well. Without you guys there, the display wouldn't have been half as good. And Steve, thanks for your 4am messages, Erin really appreciated them, haha! Glad you could make it, the dedication shown by you members for a long day was superb. I'm proud.

Thanks to non-Eurofordclub members extend to Robyn (xrgran) - your help in particular was awesome. Thanks for the flags and bags, they were well received. Also thanks to Jase from StreetFords (JR), for putting up with me hassling you on the phone at the end there. I appreciate it your time! Mark, Jo, and Jai (Wulos and co)- always fantastic to spend time with you guys. I know Erin appreciated Jo and Jai the most! Dwayne (I hope I spelled that correctly, Bucknaked), good to meet you! Also thanks to Matt (B1-B) - always a friendly face, Steve and Nic (Donut King / Queen) - especially for the chairs at the end!, Mark (MRJUCY) - the car was looking fantastic, and Jarrod (THEONE) - good to see you again, hiding away in the Blue Mountains. There are probably more I have missed! You all made the day outstanding!

I didn't get a heap of photos, as I was too busy with other things, but I got a few. You can find them all in this gallery, as well as some taken by others! I put a couple of Abraxas's up, and uploading some from Wulos as I type.

http://www.eurofordclub.com/gallery/nswallfordday

I was exhausted, and well dusted by the end of the day. Highlights for me were the GT40 (replicas?), the GT500, Glenn Setons 1997 V8 Supercar (again, replica? I was sure that car was sold off and repainted), the Lambo replica with the plates IDIOOT that locked his keys in the car, and Tim's food vendor that sold everything you could want - so long as it was a meat pie with sauce!

Not a real fan of getting up so early though, glad we don't do this every week, that's for sure! Thanks to those who kept Erin company too, while I was doing my thing.

Ok, that's my essay length post done. Thanks again guys, hopefully will get something to you from it. Also, if you didn't look, check in the bag of goodies we got for the cool brushed plaque saying you were there!

Last but not least, thanks to Erin for putting up with the 4am messaging, 5.30am start, and a long dusty day. :

Regards, Tim

Last edited by Timmeh; 04-08-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #53
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Well, one week on and I'm finally posting. Firstly, a great thanks to the EuroFordClub for being so welcoming on my first outing. I really had an enjoyable day. Special and notable thanks to Timmeh for encouraging me to come along and have a good time with a great group of people.

We (my brother and I) had a great time looking at the display of Ford's on offer and meeting Russell Ingall, Steve Johnson, Glenn Seton and Greg Ritter. There were some great cars on display, and it was good to see the EuroFord's getting their fair share of attention also. Too bad I missed that one of the guys who was asking a few questions... :(

Anyway, here are a couple of my photos, since there's already been a few posted up of the EuroFords, I thought I'd include some of the other flavours we were exposed to...

The EuroFordClub Panorama

Tim, Leanne, Todd, Damien, Eddie, Myself and Teki. I HOPE I got everyone's names right! (Pffft, I just realised if I read Tim's post I would have got them anyway!)

Black XR8 Ute with Chrome GT Stripes

Parked up behind us with another BA XR Ute. Really liked the chrome effect they had going with the stripes, went well with the rims.

Ford Econovan with Airbag Suspension and Audio Galore

Played a lot of Metallica throughout the day and bounced for a lot of the time as well :

Replica GT-40's... Niiiiiiiiiiiiice

These were really nice. I'd seen the one on the left once previously, but seeing two together was very special.

Pick a Mustang...

Yep... there were of course plenty of Prancing Pony's on show

IDI-00T

This was a surprise - I don't even know the full story but it was good to look at!

Anyways, thanks again to all involved in the preparation of the day, had a good time. Maybe do it again next year - not sure. Catch up with you all some time soon

Abraxas
Dshibi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #54
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Great photos, those GT40s were hot!

Thanks again all, see you on the next cruise.

Tim