Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-12-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
Warrenk

Default Falcon Fuel Lines

Does anyone know the the name of the supplier that manufactures the Falcon fuel lines for Ford.
The reason is I need some fuel line and fittings like Ford fit to the Falcon.
It very hard to find an aftermarket supplier for this fuel line.

Warrenk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 03:21 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know the ones you mean, i`m pretty sure HIS HOSE sells the fittings.
http://www.hishose.com.au/contact.htm
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you rung ford spare parts itself?

Aftermarket fuel lines ? You have next to no chance there. No such thing.

You will need to go to hydralic hose shop or hydralic hose supply shop and get the fuel line and fittings there.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
Warrenk

Thanks Mik

Jim Goose,
I need fuel line made up with the same fittings and hose that Ford use. The hose they use has a plastic liner. Currently I am using EFI hose. My fuel tank and all the fuel lines are in the boot. With no leaks anywhere I am getting a petrol smell in the boot. I have been told the problem is that with with unleaded petrol the odour of the petrol can permeate through the hose. To overcome this the fuel hose should be lined with plastic or teflon. I can get teflon line hose, but the fittings are not suitable.

Warren
Old 21-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your using the proper EFI hose your hose shouldnt become porous and emit smells.
I think your being a bit misled if you ask me.

Have you checked the fuel venting system?
Is your fuel tank pressurizing after you drive it a lot?
Do you have the correct fuel tank cap?
One way to check if your tank isnt venting is to pull over after you smell fuel and open the fuel cap.

I had an issue years ago with my EL Falcon and it was the vent hose which was old and kinked. After 15mins of driving you could smell petrol in the cabin.
I would need to pull over and open the fuel cap to release all the pressure in the tank.
I new hose was all i needed.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Jesmol

If you're talking about the low pressure line from the tank, then they're currently made by Norma Pacific in Croydon.

IIRC the line itself is Nylon 12.
Jesmol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
Warrenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
If your using the proper EFI hose your hose shouldnt become porous and emit smells.
I think your being a bit misled if you ask me.
Not mislead. The solvents in unleaded fuel will permeate through rubber EFI fuel line.
I have found fuel line that will overcome the permeation I hope.

Fuel line used for marine applications has to meet certain standards and permeation is one of them.

This is a description of the fuel line I am trying to get.

"Trident "Barrier Lined" Type A1 Marine Fuel Hose #365
Trident Barrier Lined A1 Fuel Hose (Distribution, Return, Vent, and Transfer) for both gasoline (petrol) and diesel (including alcohol blends). Exceeds ABYC H-24 & H-33, SAE J1527, ISO 7840, & USCG Type A1; and is NMMA Type Accepted & CE certified. Built with best fuel, fire and age resistant formulation, 2 spiral reinforcement and unique "Barrier Liner" on inside surface of tube so fuel is not in direct contact with rubber. Provides extraordinary resistance to fuel permeation and aging, as well as fire, heat, cold, and ozone. Also good Bend-ability."

So if you have the smell of fuel in your car and recently replaced your rubber fuel lines iy might not be a fuel leak.

Warren