Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Default First Mods: Clear Indicators + Debadge

Dragged myself into the modifying game today (I know, there's no way out now :togo: ). Crystal Clear Indicators and debadged the "LX" to make it look smoother. Was gonna do the "FIESTA" as well but was talked out of it.

Everything was pretty straightforward from the tutorials on the net, although one of the orange bulbs was dead so one hour and 60 cents later, it's done.

Big thanks to Damo for buying the indicators from the UK on my behalf and the tutorials on Eurofordclub.com, otherwise I wouldve attacked it with a screwdriver and damaged my paintwork.

And the debadging took no longer than 15mins, the majority of it was using buffing, heating, scratching, polishing and claybarring the glue that still remained on the paintwork.

It's a start, albeit a small one, so we'll see what eventuates over the coming years (certainly not a show car, I can tell you : ).

Pics

ardei is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

Looks good, but just an idea

Get yourself a Ghia grill, it just bolts in and does wonders approx $100 from your ford dealership

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair302, I dont think it's worth $100 chaging the grille to the Ghia style one. Better use that for cat-back or new air filter or something.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair302
Looks good, but just an idea

Get yourself a Ghia grill, it just bolts in and does wonders approx $100 from your ford dealership
Woohoo someone else shares my views. The ghia grill is VERY nice

this is my car
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Good work Andre, those were my first mods as well. Look at my car now. It hasn't stopped! Yours looks great too, I love that colour.

As for those telling you to shell out for the "Look at me I am a retiree" Grille :P Don't waste the paper. El Chromo by Ghia on a sporty little fez is like wearing those grey vinyl shoes with the zip ups on the side....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That looks awesome ardei! Like you I've also had the LX removed by Danny The indicators .. it's been a year and a half and I've still yet to change them! (I've no idea how to remove the mudguards).

Did you keep the LX badges, later on down the track, you could put on a "phat" bodykit, rearrange the badges to Fiesta XL. :
Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Since when does chrome = gramp spec
Old 10-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #8
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
That looks awesome ardei! Like you I've also had the LX removed by Danny The indicators .. it's been a year and a half and I've still yet to change them! (I've no idea how to remove the mudguards).

Did you keep the LX badges, later on down the track, you could put on a "phat" bodykit, rearrange the badges to Fiesta XL. :
Yeh I'm keeping everything because car's are generally worth more when sold unmodded and the parts are sold individually.

I was also looking at emblem glues on the net and found it funny that some people have rebadged their "SUBARU" as a "UR A BUS"
ardei is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
Jess85

i've got silver zetec and i've got clear indicators (off focus), ghia grille and clear tail lights. i love my car i dont want to get rid of it (may be trading up to xr4) when my bf's dealership gets their few cars in
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #10
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

Sorry to those who think that the Ghia grill look grandpa. To me it makes the car look more finished and adds some definition to the otherwise rather boring front end. Plus if you have to worry about how you are going to spend your last $100. You might be beter of not modding your car at all.

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Since when does chrome = gramp spec
Since Fairlane Ghia
LTD
Statesman
Camry Vienta Grande
Avalon Grande
Diahatsu Charade Limited
Magna Verada et al

Need I go on? Its MY opinion as you have yours. On an otherwise sporty car, chrome looks shît! Sorry for the bluntness; Thats the way I am.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #12
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
On an otherwise sporty car, chrome looks shît!
No need to swear, have some class.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Danny Danny Danny, keep the swearing OFF the forums.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #14
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Yes danny we know what your opinion on the topic is. You have stated it once you don't need to keep repeating it. By your thinking Zetec20 just be 100 years old going by his rims, that 100% chrome M3 owner must be a dinosaur and autosalon would be a retirees dream. But it isn't.

In my opinion putting ST stripes on a Car that isn't a ST just makes you a straight out retard. Sorry for the bluntness but thats the way I am :
Old 12-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Looks great Ardei! Definitely a starting point to what will be a lifetime spending money on cars...

I'd agree with Danny though - Don't go the Chrome grill! It just makes the car look like it is for someone 'older', given the Ghia has a target market of just that; Retirees! On some cars, it looks great (ala Zetec20 with the Bling, or the 300C with the Bling again, or a Accord Euro which looks classy and luxurious) however unfortunately I believe it doesn't do the Fiesta any good. Just think, what current Hot Hatch has a chrome grill? : I just think it looks cheap and nasty... almost like you dipped it in Chrome yourself! On the WQ I think the Chrome Ghia grill is executed well, however I'm still not a great fan of it.

However, I think you should do like most people on here (Um, not only Danny has stripes...) and get the stripes! For one, it's a Ford thing... and secondly the Fiesta ST/XR4 have it, and they look great with them! I've even seen a few Swifts going around now with them... not to mention different stripes I've seen on a Golf VR6 and RSC (Um, der - Limited Edition).

But, given your after performance/handling gains, maybe start with the suspension and tyres/rims combo?

Either way, good luck with it! I'll make sure I keep my eye out when in the Eastern Suburbs.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #16
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

At the end of the day you should care what others think. If you like it do it and if others dont like it then they need a life. Do what makes you happy.

In my opinion the Ghia grille looks great on every WP colour, except Aquarious and Tonic. So i say go for it.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #17
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

I don't think I'll be going for the Ghia grille. It's not that it's quite a 'gramp spec' looking thing, but you've gotta keep clashing things apart.

If you're going for a smooth-looking boulevard cruiser with chrome wheels and colour coded everything, then go the chrome. But if you've got a boyracer car with bodykit, exhaust and stripes then it's best to keep it off.

e.g On Scareybear's car the grille would look nice

However, keeping with the overall theme of the car, not so much so on Jess85's car.

It's like putting a spoiler on a sedan. They look good both on or off, but you can't put one on and expect it to look very sleek. Yet you can't take one off and make your car super sporty.

Teki, I was definitely considering stripes and I would love a set but maybe it's just too over the top for my car? I'd rather fix up the bodywork of my car before I put on attention grabbing things like stripes . Although, what colour would go best on Silver? Black stripes?

My next mod was going to be metallised window tinting, but I think I might wanna leave that till Winter so that I don't get overquoted and raped where it hurts :O.

So now I'm planning my next 'mod' to give me >100% better roadholding, a couple of hours to get it finished and it'll be carried out in two stages, costing ~$300 each. Can anyone say Ian Luff Defensive + Advanced Driving Courses?

Cheers for your comments, guys.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardei
Teki, I was definitely considering stripes and I would love a set but maybe it's just too over the top for my car? I'd rather fix up the bodywork of my car before I put on attention grabbing things like stripes . Although, what colour would go best on Silver? Black stripes?

My next mod was going to be metallised window tinting, but I think I might wanna leave that till Winter so that I don't get overquoted and raped where it hurts :O.

So now I'm planning my next 'mod' to give me >100% better roadholding, a couple of hours to get it finished and it'll be carried out in two stages, costing ~$300 each. Can anyone say Ian Luff Defensive + Advanced Driving Courses?

Cheers for your comments, guys.
Um, I'd say go with the black stripes for sure! Really is the only colour that compliments it well.

With the metallised window tint... do you mean reflective (i.e. Mirror)? Because, I think just dark black would look great, especially if your looking at getting black stripes in the future!

NICE! I did that course in my Fiesta back in the day... by far the best mod or thing I've ever done in a car. Has got me out of a few sticky situations, as well as being a fun day out! However... are they that cheap now?! If so, I might take my Clio out there sometime soon.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #19
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardei
If you're going for a smooth-looking boulevard cruiser with chrome wheels and colour coded everything, then go the chrome. But if you've got a boyracer car with bodykit, exhaust and stripes then it's best to keep it off.

e.g On Scareybear's car the grille would look nice

However, keeping with the overall theme of the car, not so much so on Jess85's car.
A nice eye for detail ardei.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #20
Danny
GT4.

I'd go the stripes ardei. Piotr is the only who seems to dislike them. Most people in australia don't even know what An ST is (ie. until may), but having said that, most STILL wont know what it is even when it lobs.

Piotr chrome looks stupid on the car,

SOrry bout the swearing Minge ;) Im a loudmouth wog.

****Edited by laminge******
See how simple it can be.

Last edited by Laminge; 12-01-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #21
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Well stripes wouldn't suit the colour of my car, but a Ghia grill might. Especially if I could buff the chrome to look like brushed alloy.
Old 13-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #22
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Well its my car and I think it looks good. Todd seems to think so too (Winner of Todds Choice at AFD). The last I need to do is explain my choices to a bunch of people interstate over the internet.
Old 13-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #23
Fled74
The Thread Killa

It's been said before: A car only has to look good in the eyes of its owner*. If others like it too, that's a welcome bonus.

*except the ones featured on Barryboys.co.uk

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #24
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Well its my car and I think it looks good. Todd seems to think so too (Winner of Todds Choice at AFD). The last I need to do is explain my choices to a bunch of people interstate over the internet.
No no no no. What you see in the post has been edited. I had a killer argument, explaining why I dislike chrome, and how Autosalon and zetec 20 "bling" is somewhat different to ghia trim, and bumper strips of retiree specials.

Your car looks fine, DW bout it. It just looks like a 2 door Ghia :P
Old 13-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #25
joshf2
striped

chrome is bad

thats why theres no more chrome badges on the back of the car too

and the chrome grill doesnt work with stripes. and the stripes make the car look much better than what a chrome grill does.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #26
Jess85

[QUOTE=ardei]

QUOTE]

Hello but what is wrong with my car?? I dont think i've got any pics on here since i put the grille on.

I like my car coz its different!
Old 15-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #27
Jess85

Haha you can tell i dont know how to use this thread stuff properly LOL
Old 15-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #28
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

So you actually do have the chrome grille on?

Nothing wrong with your car, I was just pointing out that a car with a bodykit going for a sporty look would look better with a black grille opposed to a chrome one. Chrome gives cars a touch of class but for a sporty looking car like yours, I would've stayed with black.

It's kind of the reason why you don't see any chrome grilles on the front of Ferraris, Lamborghinis or any sports car; the contrast to black makes it looks more sporty.
Old 15-01-2007, 01:56 PM   #29
photn
AFF Post NAZI

come on guys. we all have out personal Opinions on what our cars should look like....

To Each there own. Everyone should respect eachothers rides for its individuality.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #30
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

So most of you have carbon fibre exhaust tips then??? Coz surely they can't be stainless steel/chrome look? :

(Stephen throws molotov cocktail, then goes back to where he belongs! Sorry guys, couldn't resist)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post