Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-04-2006, 01:05 AM   #1
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Default Best Driving Experience in Your Fez

Things seem to be pretty quiet around here at the moment, so I thought I might get the locals to share some good stories about times had in their Fiesta.

I went on a bit of a cruise with some of the AFF and fordmods.com guys about 6 weeks ago. I was the only 4 pot there with the rest pretty much EB or newer Falcons and at least half V8s or seriously modded. I was quite proud to see myself keep up with an AU III XR8 for most of the day through the twisty bits and even lose a black BA XR8 with shaker bonnet through the Aldgate Valley Rd.

Goes without saying that I love the handling of my little green demon.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Would have to be showing off much more costly cars (as you experienced) around corners. The shock on their face - Priceless!

The road to Wollombi from the Blue Mountains in the wet - Showed a few other 'hot hatches' what the Fiesta does. They definetely listened... especially when I mentioned "No traction control" to them. Gobsmacked.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I have to fav moments in the fez,

1.) Went for a cruise with my fez and a mates XY GT Falcon (he just finished rebuilding the engine and few other things, and was the first time he took it out in 1 year), from Krispy cremes in Penrith back to blacktown. Side by side rolling at 20kms, no cars on the road, both floor it. I only had him till 1st gear then he was goooooooone once he snapped 2nd. Obviously i was no competition for it, but i just felt kinda proud of the car.

2.) Last years cruise near the blue mountains/ Old Pacific Hwy. I have never driven a car in the twisties, so i was very impressed with the handling, braking and steering response of the fez. Both times i had passengers, who were holding on for dear life. It was quite funny. It made me realise the potential and limits of the fez
Old 06-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
FlaminFiesta

lol and damo i was loosing my back end pushing it flat chat through the corners in fornt of you that was an awesome ride!!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Driving of out the showroom a week ago. Been too busy with work/uni to go for a good drive yet, but I have tomorrow night off & no uni $hit due. Time to hit some of the back roads of Southern Tassie.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

LOL @ Ananth. Its a great stretch of road. I love it.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Mine was beating a modified wrx through twisties.

Also Keeping ahead of a new clubsport 285 through twisties lol.

Last but not least, having a traffic light bash with a mate in his VTI-R honda civic and beating it
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #8
theostheone

mine would have to be the day i drove it out of the showroom. I had driven the auto cos my dad got one about 1 yr before i did, but when i drove the manual is was awesome. The response is amazing and the handing of the car is outstanding.

I am always on the road and travelling from campbelltown to hornsby like i sometimes do at 1,2 and 3a.m i am thrashing it the whole way home. I love it. Especially on roads like the Commonara Parkway, Wakehurst Parkway and the like (those who live in sydney probably know them). Twisties are great fun.

Other good times in the fez is when im in the backseat :
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #9
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I love any time you can see the person in front of you gawking in the mirror at the little car all over their a$$ through a serious set of corners,.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #10
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Best Driving Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by theostheone

Other good times in the fez is when im in the backseat :

This is a time where i wish i had a honda jazz. SO much more room in the back for some fun....

LOL
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 AM   #11
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Try the back seat of a Trimph Herald convertible then...!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Trimph Herald convertible?? im guessing it doesn't even have a back seat?? Am i right heheheheh
Old 07-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #13
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
This is a time where i wish i had a honda jazz. SO much more room in the back for some fun....

LOL
One thing I won't do In the Fez is ANYTHING on the back seat.... I refuse, its too small for any shenanigans lol... Although the passenger seat when rolled all the way back is quite useful....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #14
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

My back seat hasnt been christened yet. DARN.

I actually cant remember driving the fez outta the dealership. Might have been due to my mum screaming at me to take it easy. But i remember doing a half day at work, to pick it up. It felt good driving a new car around. Ahhh that new car smell.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #15
theostheone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
One thing I won't do In the Fez is ANYTHING on the back seat.... I refuse, its too small for any shenanigans lol...
haha depends on the position...
Old 07-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx

LOL
No way - not the Grandparent's car?!?!?!?!

The Fez has a very large back seat. Pity it can't be reclined... but it is very wide ;)

Agree with Danny though... Best way is to put the front seats back :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 07-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #17
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

No, the back seat is far too tight and I'm a modest 6'1". Makes me wish I did buy the XC Falcon Shaggin Wagon a while back though. That thing would have been ИИИИing fathers off since 1976.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #18
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Yes, anyway. My Fez is up to 530km's & the K&N filter is in, so time to really open up round the back roads. More pics in a few hours.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Leigh - I find the back seat quite big. Especially considering the Fiesta is one of the widest and longest small Hatches.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #20
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Back again. Just done most of the targa stage for the 28th of April. & ma whole lot of fun it was too considering it was quite wet in places.
Only had one moment of understeer on a wet corner but kept the power on & she came round a treat. Around here there are more corners you can shake a stick at
Finally a gratuitous new car shot

Enjoy. KJ.

Last edited by kiwijohn42; 07-04-2006 at 05:55 PM.
kiwijohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #21
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Dam, that looks bloody hot. They new facelift is really growing on me.

Btw, does the new models have a diff bodykit available?
Old 07-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #22
Swaytan
Swaytan

Galston Gorge, only letting myself slow down using the gears, freaky stuff...
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #23
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

No body kit in the catalogue like the WP. & the old one won't fit the front.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #24
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Things seem to be pretty quiet around here at the moment, so I thought I might get the locals to share some good stories about times had in their Fiesta.

I went on a bit of a cruise with some of the AFF and fordmods.com guys about 6 weeks ago. I was the only 4 pot there with the rest pretty much EB or newer Falcons and at least half V8s or seriously modded. I was quite proud to see myself keep up with an AU III XR8 for most of the day through the twisty bits and even lose a black BA XR8 with shaker bonnet through the Aldgate Valley Rd.

Goes without saying that I love the handling of my little green demon.
Glad you enjoyed the sprint through the hills mate I could have used a few less kilos on board that day.... can be a bit hairy putting a falcon up Aldgate Valley Rd. Grew up around that area tho... hometown advantage lol.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #25
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Kiwijohn - are you in NZ or Tassy?

If that is tassy - I sure know where me and my car are going - Along with $1000 spending money... on fuel! That road looks awesome. No traffic either. Nice job with the photo... the car looks really good!

Old 07-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #26
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I'm in Hobart, Tassie. Small euro hatches are perfect for the roads down here. Driving shots are from Targa Tasmania stages. First one is near where Stokell stacked his Lambo last year.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #27
joshf2
striped

mount panorama, bathurst

through the top of the mountain is just awesome
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #28
theostheone

the otha night i was coming home and a chick in a peugeot 306 flew past.
So i thought i would test the potential of the fez to see how it compared...

i didnt take long for me to catch her. We came to a stop at the lights so it was a good chance to see how the fez accerates compared to a car that ive always liked. The fez pulled away nicely... leaving the 306 abt a 1/2-1 car length behind. Hearing the engine redline was also something ive never heard before... sounded alright...

oh yeah... it was on a private road of course... :evil3:
Old 13-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #29
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I noticed tonight, the Fez certainly revs harder than my old 306. It was an old 8 valve 1.8 with 180000km on the clock. I'm sure a GTI6 would leave a Fez for dead.
Old 13-04-2006, 12:42 AM   #30
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
I'm sure a GTI6 would leave a Fez for dead.
Haha - I was about to say that. XSi, S16 or GTi6 would all leave the Fiesta behind.

But true about the Fez - It does rev freely and love to rev. Really impressive for a 1.6L