Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-06-2005, 03:09 AM   #1
RedStar71

Default My Fez

Well here is my 2004 Mk6 Fiesta as she is now and how she will be in the next few months. She is a LX that has been upspec'ed to a Zetec, and badged as a Zetec S. I am looking into getting the ABS and EBD so she actually is a Zetec (I imagine that it would all be in there just needs some sort of computer relays or something to make it all work).
Got a mate in the UK to get me a ST rear wing and that will get fitted asap. I like the ST stripes on the side but not over the top of the car. Also getting all the ST parts for the interior. She currently has the Ghia metal interior door handles and gear shift suround. I didn't like the Red interior of the Zetec and wanted a black interior so went with the LX and have slowly improved it to ghia standards. Also got the factory sports gear knob option and I really like it. Great car to drive and I've had it up to 192kph (silly I know) so she isn't a slug.
Cheers

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 03:14 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

sweet ride there!!!! Yea, i was wondering on ukfn what it was, lx or zetec... Still it looks sweet!!! I was same as you.... wasnt into the red interior of the zetec... hence why i didnt get red or silver.... and went for blue (happy i did).

But yea, nice car you have there! What was it like putting the driving lights on? We have had another member do that once, and apparently it wasnt that easy to do. So what was the Ghia stick surround part number? or did you pick it up from Ford as it is there?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 03:31 AM   #3
RedStar71

The gear surround was from Ford Spare parts and only costs about $35. There are a lot of part numbers on the box but ask your spare parts guys and they will find it on the computer. 2S61 A17314AASMB1 or 1 148 814.
Simple swap for the original.
The driving lights were easy to put on. As long as you have all the parts and screws from Ford, it goes on easy. The wiring loom took 3 months to come from Germany so hopefully they have them in stock nowadays. The loom plugs into an obviously blanked off plug in the engine bay and then there are little yellow grommits that push into the top of the bottom grill to hold the wires out of view. That was a little fiddly. The hard part was pulling the interior light switch out, not easy to get to all the screws and then putting them back was worse, took me hours. But looking back it wasn't too hard and looks great. I love the fact that the cars are all "plug and play" same looms different bits added.
The metal door handles were pretty involved to put in as you need to pull the whole door interior section off to get to the screws and mechanism. But it looks great with metal handles rather than the black plastic.
Will be interesting to see the look on the guys at my 15000 service as she is in their computer database as an LX but she looks like a Zetec and has the Zetec S badge from Europe.
Cheers

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

Old 14-06-2005, 03:39 AM   #4
RedStar71

I should also say that it was tinted by the dealer in the darkest legal tint as well. Looks great!
I remember when I picked her up they had her out front at the dealership as she looked so good and no one else had gone with all the optional bits. Apparently three customers had come in and wanted to buy her off the lot that day!
The body kit looks great and I don't know why no one else really has got them. Car looks plain without it. I know it added an extra $2000 to my car's price so maybe that is it...

Old 14-06-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Looks like a hot car!

Well done, and keep us updated with future mods!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Looks great mate, I'm a big Fan. The only thing i thought about was that Retrofitting ABS and EBD is more difficult than you'd imagine, and probably not worth it. Not many people do it as its expensive and time consuming and more than just a simple computer "flash"
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #7
Danny
GT4.

By the way Redstar, do you have a pic of the gear surround??
Old 14-06-2005, 01:57 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Damn... seems like a hard job doing all those mods. And as for the bodykit, i really love it.... but the price was what held me back. It was way too expensive... and probably would have scraped on my driveway. Same goes for the wing. I got my car... within a month i had the rear wing by Wolf put on... similar to the option one just a lil bigger. And it cost me the exact same price!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 14-06-2005, 03:04 PM   #9
RedStar71

Yeah it was fun and games installing the parts but in the end it was worth it. I had the option to get the Zetec but chose to get the LX with the bodykit, A/C and sports gear knob. That all ended up costing $19,750 drive away and they colour coded my mirrors for free. So in the end I got a Zetec minus the ABS and EBD. All up she has cost me about $21,000 so far and that is climbing now I got the ST wing and the custom stripes coming from the UK.
The gear surround was the simplist install as it just lifts upwards. You just put a knife under the edge and push upwards and off it comes. Very easy install and it makes the interior look so much better. I cannot recommend this more to any Fiesta owner they are pretty cheap and look great. I don't have a photo of mine on the computer but here is a shot of one in a Zetec S from the UK. It looks identical.

Old 14-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #10
RedStar71

Danny
You are probably right about the ABS and EBD. I can see a couple of relays are missing on the fusebox behind the glove box. That is what made me think it is a couple of plug in relays but there would be some parts involved I guess. I have locked her up twice and that was not fun, so the ABS would have been handy but she still stopped. I was actually stopping at a set of lights that have a red light camera, so I was behaving myself when she locked up...
I may look into ST170 discs and callipers in the near future.
By the way I love your Avatar! How did you photo that? Do you have a larger pic?
Cheers

Jason

Old 14-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Yeah bro I do, I took it not long after i got the car, But theyre too large to attatch. If you have MSN then add me (two_choc4wordz at hotmail dot com) I have quite a few things to ask you about your fiesta if thats ok. and ill send you the pics there ;)

cheers mate
-Danny
Old 14-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
I don't have a photo of mine on the computer but here is a shot of one in a Zetec S from the UK. It looks identical.
Im guessing it looks like this one???? Just with the chrome at the bottom??? Cause the Zetec S one you showed us is from the ST as well... and cant be ordered here. Am i right?

Old 14-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #13
theostheone

why would u want to rebadge your lx to the zetec s?

fair enough u have done the mods or whatever... but in the end it is still an lx... isnt it?

it sounds to me that u have managed to covert a top spec, high range lx... to a low range zetec s...
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #14
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Redstar

Welcome to the fez forums. Looks like you got a sweet ride there and should be an awesome ride with the stripes. Ya know they add 5kw of power!! hehehhe.,

I agree with theostheone, that you should have bought a zetec as it come with all the silver stuff, abs, foggies and what nots.

But whats done is done and cant wait to see the wing and stripes.

All the best with your fez

Cheers

Damo :
Old 14-06-2005, 11:19 PM   #15
theostheone

... if i put a ferrari badge on my fiesta... does that mean its a ferrari...??
Old 14-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #16
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Ok, guys, we get the idea with your views on badging, let's not push things until it starts an argument......

The car is looking great, lots of great things to say about, so don't anyone start any arguments.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 11:55 PM   #17
theostheone

hahahahahahahaha...
Old 15-06-2005, 01:17 AM   #18
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theostheone
... if i put a ferrari badge on my fiesta... does that mean its a ferrari...??
It all depends on how much you pay for the badgre really...

And Teki where did you get that Gear knob from, its bloody freakin AWESOME!
Old 15-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
And Teki where did you get that Gear knob from, its bloody freakin AWESOME!
Lol, Ford Parts.... its the Optional Sports Leather Gear Knob for the fiesta... nice aye?!

Old 15-06-2005, 01:28 AM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I dont think we need to bag other ppl for making their cars look good.... Im sure ppl that make replicas dont get told off???? And, since we dont have the Zetec S, why couldnt he make a replica?

Good on ya Jason i say... about time we start seeing more fiestas being modded up!

Old 15-06-2005, 01:38 AM   #21
Danny
GT4.

Exactly Jason, Im still waitin for ya to add me to MSN so my questions can be answered in more detail!!! Also Tek, How much was the gearknob?
Old 15-06-2005, 01:48 AM   #22
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
How much was the gearknob?
$120... and very easy to install. Looks way better, and fits the hand easier as well!

*prices may have changed.... not sure

Old 15-06-2005, 01:51 AM   #23
Danny
GT4.

Cool, I might get one to congratulate myself on completing my first exam tomorrow....
Old 15-06-2005, 01:58 AM   #24
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Awesome.... exam... which reminds me.. i should go study.... LOL

Old 15-06-2005, 03:50 AM   #25
RedStar71

theostheone
Mate I know it isn't a real Zetec S, I have never said that it is one on this forum. I bought the LX because I wanted the black interior and not the red or blue. I am just trying to set my Fiesta apart from the rest in some small way. And since they are all the same LX, Zetec, and Ghia performance wise the Zetec S badge isn't making out that it has more power or will go quicker. The real Zetec S has the same 1.6 Duratec engine that we all have in our ones in Australia. The poor Europeans have the 1.4 and 1.1 slugs if I was putting a Zetec S badge on one of those I might might agree with you. If I put a ST badge on it I also would agree with you. The only real difference is the body kit which I am buying from the UK over the next year.
The reality is the car isn't an LX anymore. At the moment it is a low spec Zetec (with Ghia parts as well) as you say but in the end it will look and run exactly like a Zetec S.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is fair enough. I am happy with my Fiesta.

Ah Teki04 good to see you got the same gear knob. It is a nice addition to the car. And no the silver surround is availale on the Ghia over here and I got mine from my local dealer. You should have no problem getting one over here. And yep that is the same part as the ST and Zetec S but we also use them on our Ghias, same as the metal door handles that the ST and Zetec S have. Got all the parts from my dealership.
Danny I have gotten Messenger running again.
Did you have to remind me about exams!!! I have my very last Uni Exam in just under two weeks! I hate Economic Statistics!!!

Last edited by RedStar71; 15-06-2005 at 04:12 AM.
Old 15-06-2005, 01:58 PM   #26
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
theostheone
I wanted the black interior and not the red or blue
Which one has blue interior? :

And yea.... the sports leather gear stick is a good improvement to the good gear shift quality.... About the Zetec S... i have a strange feeling that they have better suspension and the engine is tuned a little more. I think we have Variable Valve Timing, but only on one part.... i.e. exhaust manifold or something like that. ALL i know is that the Zetec S is quoted 0-100 in 9.9seconds, whereas we have 10.7 times... so some mods have to have been done.... maybe diff exhaust??? (as ours is a dipper at the rear, and the Zetec S i think has an hole in the bumper)

But still.... if the zetec S or ST comes out here... Im sure i would do JUST like you and get the front and rear bumpers.... much better then getting a bodykit in my opinion. Also, just remember that the grille is also diff, so you might have issues putting it on the car!

Last edited by Teki04; 15-06-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Old 15-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #27
zetec
Zoom Zoom

None have blue, it's red or black. Only the ST gets Blue.
Old 15-06-2005, 02:32 PM   #28
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
None have blue, it's red or black. Only the ST gets Blue.
Thats what i thought.... i got the blue/silver combo in mine. Gets hot in the summer though :

Old 15-06-2005, 05:17 PM   #29
RedStar71

You are right about the blue interior saw that on the UK Ford site. See the pic I have attached. I wanted a Panther Black one originally and that meant a red interior. Then I changed the order to a Colorado Red one and still didn't want the red interior. Thus the LX purchase decision. Red cars look better with a black interior I feel.
As far as I knew the Zetec S has the same engine and it is 10mm higher at the back and 10mm lower at the front in the suspension. You could be right about the diff ect I am not sure. I'll have to investigate that. The Zetec S has the stock exhaust and the rear bumper doesn't have the hole for the ST style exhaust. I've attached a pic of one.
All will be improved and brought up to Zetec S standard over the near future.
But if they do actually give us the ST, like they have told me, later in the year then I will trade up to an ST for sure.

Last edited by RedStar71; 15-06-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Old 15-06-2005, 05:21 PM   #30
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

You could have gotten a Renault Clio Sport second hand if you really had the $$$!!!
As for the engine.... yea i heard its a Duratec 1.6L.... but i think its got diff gearbox.... could be wrong... which makes quicker shifts i guess > quicker time!

But yea, the S/ST bumbers are hot!