Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-07-2006, 02:28 AM   #31
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfiesta
Hi everybody,
my opinion about the oil is: never trust deeler,never!!!
Soon I will take the car for first inspection 3000 km,after that they never see again my car,and I don,t care also for warranty,I will keep my Fiesta for a long time so I prefer do in my self,choiche for the oil Mobil 1 or Castrol edge,syntetic is good enough for 15000/20000 km or 1 time a year if not use a lot the car,of course changhe together oil filter every time is another good point.
bye Davide.
I see. Did you have a bad experience with a dealer? if so, which one? what happened?

Other than changing the oil ourselves, where's a reliable bona-fide service place? "ultra-tune"?

So what would be a good oil filter?

Cheerz,

Ivan
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 04:03 AM   #32
Steffo
LPG > You

I find it interesting that at the 3000km complimentary service they wouldn't change the oil. The oil used while running in should always be changed when the running in process is complete.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #33
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ yeah I've just had a flip-through the service manual and no, they dont change the oil nor the oil filter. So I might just bring-in a quality oil and oil filter and ask the dealer to change replace them.

Im sure I've asked this before.... but how would we know that the dealer will use the oil we bring in? :/

Nice av, btw... are you a fan of Craig Lowndes?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #34
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd advise using the factory brand oil filters while under warranty- it's one less thing they can try to use against you should the worse happen and you need to claim under warranty for an engine problem.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #35
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
^^^ yeah I've just had a flip-through the service manual and no, they dont change the oil nor the oil filter. So I might just bring-in a quality oil and oil filter and ask the dealer to change replace them.

Im sure I've asked this before.... but how would we know that the dealer will use the oil we bring in? :/

Nice av, btw... are you a fan of Craig Lowndes?
Yep. Lowndes, Ingall and Bowe are my top 3 favourite drivers. Ambrose was #1, but yeah, he's gone now.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #36
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I took my own oil for the 2 services I had with my Fiesta - they were fine with it... as I took the recommended oil as mentioned in the Owner's Manual... as opposed to the Castrol GTX2 they wanted to use!

They also deducted a little from the bill as I supplied my own. The invoice even said "Customer supplied own recommended oil"
hey mate , just wondering what dealer in sydney do you go to??
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #37
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
hey mate , just wondering what dealer in sydney do you go to??
Jubilee Ford, Five Dock - Great rap from me. Never delayed me in leaving the car there... and always had it ready on time. Rick Damelian on the other hand have me wait 20 minutes before giving them the car, and never get things right the first time.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #38
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

i've got elf excellum 5W30 in my engine. 5W30 is whats recommended. I had to change the oil at 19,000 kms cos i took the car to the track (hush hush). this was done at my work and i've also got a different oil filter on. would that void my warranty completely?
nnng_oozie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Different Oil Filter - As long as it is the recommended filter size etc it should be fine. I changed my oil inbetween the service intervals myself... it is fine. Doesn't void your warranty if done properly. As for the oil - where'd you get the Elf stuff? I just got some for my Renault (designed for and recommend Elf oil)... was $43 for 5L

Dude, got any pics of the track work? Always wanted to take the Fiesta to the track. Regret not doing so! picsorban!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 01-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #40
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
I'd advise using the factory brand oil filters while under warranty- it's one less thing they can try to use against you should the worse happen and you need to claim under warranty for an engine problem.
Agreed.....I would definately use the factory oil filter available from your local Ford dealer predominantly for the reason mentioned by Murcod but also because Ryco dont yet list an oil filter for the WQ, they do have one for the WP, a Z63, dont know if this is OK for the WQ, anyone know?
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #41
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Quote:
Dude, got any pics of the track work? Always wanted to take the Fiesta to the track. Regret not doing so! picsorban!
Umm, sorry no pics, just videos. And there all at turn 1 at oran park (the small south circuit). So its jus me coming down the main straight into a left hander.

Oh the oil i got from work, we sell elf and motul oil. the filter i got on now is the same type, just not the brand that ford uses. For me it was $38 for 5L but thats the trade price of course, retail should be like $55 i think...

the other thing i wanted to ask is whether you can drop the oil change all together when servicing? cos i did mine in april and the car is due in the next month or two.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #42
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Where do you work nnng_oozie? Elf is almost impossible to get! I got mine with bulk pricing

Oh ok nice - How'd the Fiesta go at Oran Park?

Not sure your allowed to not do an oil change. It must be done at the service interval... hence I changed the oil myself every 7,500kms, so it was inbetween services

Old 01-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #43
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Quote:
Where do you work nnng_oozie? Elf is almost impossible to get! I got mine with bulk pricing

Oh ok nice - How'd the Fiesta go at Oran Park?

Not sure your allowed to not do an oil change. It must be done at the service interval... hence I changed the oil myself every 7,500kms, so it was inbetween services
Damn that sux..... what a waste :(

Unique AutoSports in Castle Hill, i did my work experience there for 6 months, its a requirement for my course at uni. The fez did high 59s at oran park, which i'm pretty happy cos i still got the stock tyres. That time was better than an MX-5 driven by an ex-pro too!!! but their were a few cars in my class that were much faster, damn those type r's!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #44
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnng_oozie
uni. The fez did high 59s at oran park, which i'm pretty happy cos i still got the stock tyres. That time was better than an MX-5 driven by an ex-pro too!!! but their were a few cars in my class that were much faster, damn those type r's!!!
A bit off topic...

That's an impressive time! Motor magazine quote the new Astra SRi turbo as doing around Oran Park :

Quote:
"... the SRi managed a very respectable 55.4 second. For reference, our own Dean Evans lapped the same circuit in a 190kW, all- wheel drive Mazda6 MPS in a high 52.... at a tenner less than $35k it's hard to beat for Bang For Your Bucks....
BTW that's the same driver/ Mazda 6 MPS that won it's class at Targa Tassie this year!