Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-10-2021, 09:58 PM   #3781
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Looks like I'm the proud new owner of a second hand John Deere ride on mower.

Did you watch the movie, very twee, but fills in a good hour and a half!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2021, 07:47 AM   #3782
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Did you watch the movie, very twee, but fills in a good hour and a half!
Good movie and a true story.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-10-2021, 10:36 AM   #3783
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was a good movie, but as slow as the ride on mower.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #3784
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Was a good movie, but as slow as the ride on mower.
I'm slow too!...lol, but they picked just the right actor, its what I call a time filler, but imagine the true story, that's the Hollywood version, hard going that.
Old 17-10-2021, 11:07 AM   #3785
.:4:.
Kicking back

So more of my booring rc stuff. The ally caster blocks i put in, firstly the person who designed and machined them should get a real job making real parts for real cars, theyre too nice. On install, the pins for the factory caster blocks that attach to the stock steering blocks are a pin with the top bit threaded. So I'll call that a static pin. The upgraded ally caster blocks have a floating pin and a retainer you fit over said pin. So my initial thoughts were why try to reinvent the wheel when the old system works, and nobody likes a hero. But it didnt take long on the 1st test rip to actually notice quicker steering response. Not that the stock setup was anything that i had a complaint about. The biggest improvement is how the stability management works. So what that is is theres a gyro on board, so depending on if or what setting you have stability management on, doing wheelies or jumps it will automatically self steer to try and keep things straight.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2021, 11:10 AM   #3786
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Can you tweak that software easily, or is there a full manual mode where aids are switched off?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #3787
slowsnake
Banned

Knowing I'm having a day off from everything, my body or right shoulder has taken a hammering cleaning these pavers, so Sunday paper, then relax, just do nothing at all, I will breathe of course!.lol.
Old 17-10-2021, 11:20 AM   #3788
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Can you tweak that software easily, or is there a full manual mode where aids are switched off?
I put the optional Bluetooth thing in the radio so everything can be tweaked off the app on the phone. So on the radio theres 2 physical dials, 1 you cannot change and thats steering trim, the other is adjustable as set it to say throttle trim, stability or even power level.
Old 17-10-2021, 12:48 PM   #3789
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Finally able to go over to my mums place to share a meal, as of next Friday. Or vice versa.

Whilst we've been meeting up for dinner out the last few weeks, there's nothing like being able to share a home cooked meal.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2021, 02:13 PM   #3790
slowsnake
Banned

Hope you enjoy it, was just looking at a pic of my mum on the fridge door, was her 80th birthday, she's gone now, aged 92 in 2015......
Old 17-10-2021, 04:26 PM   #3791
roKWiz
Cabover nut

[QUOTE=slowsnake;6640175, but imagine the true story, that's the Hollywood version, hard going that.[/QUOTE]

Adapted for Hollywood by banging a few nails in it.

Old 17-10-2021, 10:51 PM   #3792
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

At first I looked at the photo and thought how quickly and suddenly you’d aged.

Happy to finish my back nine lawn today after patching up the mower and trimmer. Solid effort, took from four until just after 7:30. And this morning I did a computer swap to get the misbehaving Alfa mobile again.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 07:45 AM   #3793
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
At first I looked at the photo and thought how quickly and suddenly you’d aged.
Yes, I was feeling off that day.
Glad you got the Alfa up.

Old 18-10-2021, 08:02 AM   #3794
slowsnake
Banned

Waking up at 1am, went to bed early, at shops to buy Sunday paper, I tripped on the concrete tyre stopper, so you can't go on footpath, as I tripped I was horizontal and heading for the open window of the car parked next to mine.

Had a 50 yr old lady in passenger seat, she saw me coming and screamed, I put my arms out and stopped right at the open window, she had her arm across her face waiting for a headbutt, lol, she opened her eyes and I said " give us a kiss ".....in unison we both laughed our heads off, lol, was sure I would wake with a sore back, but all good, lucky bugger me eh!
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 10:43 AM   #3795
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Finally able to go over to my mums place to share a meal, as of next Friday. Or vice versa.

Whilst we've been meeting up for dinner out the last few weeks, there's nothing like being able to share a home cooked meal.
well being we've opened up that little bit we had dinner booked at one of my parents most fav restaurant Friday night.
Damn it was great being out again together.
Saturday night friends got us over for a another great meal and time, to enjoy friends, food, some great wines music pumping in the background made for a epic weekend.
Feck even went shopping for clothes finally being the wardrope was a couple of years old, clensed out the cupboard and gladly dropped a pile to vinnys.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 05:05 PM   #3796
Kicking back

So a coupla days back my showed me the 1/5th scale petrol rc car he bought 2nd hand 12 years ago. He ran it once, it stopped working and in the time since he lost the radio. So no radio, well then it'll at minimum need one of those. So i had the time today and so did he. So i checked it out. Firstly, this thing is big compared to my 10th scale monster truck. The radio issue was the next on the list, but my mate has a very broken nitro rc car, well beyond saving. So reciever and radio from that to test the 1/5th scale. Ding ding, starting to make progress. The steering arm on the servo i reckon was changed by the previous owner as it would turn left, but foul and not turn right. Not the end of the world, spaced that out and she's apples. So before buttoning up the reciver, time to test the engine. So its a 30.5cc 2 stroke. So pretty much a chainsaw engine. So i donated some fuel and 2 stroke oil and to great surprise, after not to many rips of the cord, the thing started as if it had been run yesterday. So first gentle test run only main issue was the brake was virtually non existant. Simple fix, adjust the brake rod. Test 2, now with a brake, it steered and accelerated. I found a couple of minor things i left to my mate to sort out. Just minor stuff like the rear swaybar was disconnected etc.
But my mate is both surprised and happy. The thing he had only run once and sat doormant for 12 years, best part of maybe an hour of work and it goes again. AA batteries were the only other bits required bar recyled bits from busted rc.
We do have a $10 wager on. His chainsaw on wheels vs my brushless electric. I did give him time to give his a few more test runs just to iron out any bugs from sitting for so long.
My mate did say, if he knew it would be that simple he would have done it years ago. And id like to think i dont nerd out on rc stuff too much, but clearly i do a lot more then my mate.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2021, 10:33 PM   #3797
slowsnake
Banned

Just gave my cat his dinner, he was at Brooke's unit, he nearly cleaned the plate, so give thr rest to her cat, both happy, walk back to my unit and the crows are waiting, as only crows can, nothing to give em, go inside and 2 of them are pacing across driveway, waiting for the scraps, got some Optimum Fur Ball biccies and threw em outside, they pecked em up and then hopped away, only like crows can, that made me happy, everyone satisfied!...lol...
Old 18-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #3798
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your a kinder man than me, only good thing for crows is ratsac or similar
yes I am a south aussie but dont follow AFL so no allegiance
Old 19-10-2021, 12:44 AM   #3799
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Just found something on Gumtree, that I’ve been looking for since 2019. Cheap, too. Only drawback is it’s in the ACT and therefore inaccessible until November 1st.
Old 19-10-2021, 01:24 AM   #3800
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Just found something on Gumtree, that I’ve been looking for since 2019. Cheap, too. Only drawback is it’s in the ACT and therefore inaccessible until November 1st.

I know the feeling quite well, seeing plenty of good deals on FB Market place which I'm missing out on cause I'm locked down....such is life!
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2021, 03:06 AM   #3801
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've been missing out buying cheap krauts and parts since 2020. E: First got into them in 2017 so been looking for a while.

There's next to no rush now, all sold, prices gone up, crushed etc over the past 18 months. Things like or cheap e30/32/34 180/190/300.
I could have doubled my money many times over with things like an E24 or w124 coupe 300ce 24v for under 15k.They're all 30k now so may as well keep the borders closed LOL. Big coupes like the 300ce and e24 were my new holy grails as aussie, US and even frenchies cost too much.
You're lucky it's going to be over on Nov 1st.

Every time I think of covid these days my only thought is "Is this thing over yet?", so that's why I hardly post here. Not much to look forward to.

Last edited by oldel; 19-10-2021 at 03:14 AM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #3802
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as I live by choice in country SA I often see pieces in Adelaide that I want but wont be there for awhile.
Either I am damn lucky or I just strike it right but the number of people who have been willing to hold or provide banking details so I can pay now and collect later.

I realise at some stage I will get stung/shafted/done over but so far lucky.

Its worth a shot.
Old 19-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #3803
Kicking back

Did a bit of reasearch as to what my mates 1/5th rc car actally is. For 2 reasons really. 1st is, and i dont mind, im pretty sure ive taken the roll of tech support. Secondly i wanted to find out how fast they are as were going to race that vs my brushless electric 1/10th car. So my mate tells me his was modified by the previous owner, and thats apparent. So stock his car should be 26cc. The 30.5cc piston and cylinder kit was aftermarket and what his has. I googled the youtubes to see how fast the 30.5cc kit makes them go. 67kmh apparently. Im going to absolutely walk my mate. So off the line is a no brainer. The 2 stroke has a centrifical clutch so needs revs to enguage, electric is instant torque. And whilst mine has topped out at 81kmh (its got telemetry, it is a 2021 model) but id be expecting 77ish kmh being realistic. So my mate doesnt know if he's running stock gears or not. But regardless, ill slay off the hit and he will have a lot of catching up to do. My car with its stock motor and gearing hits max speed of its gearing in just shy of 50m. So in the feild we plan to race longer gears for me would be better, but i havent got around to that and for where i typically use my rc car the short gears are more fun.
Old 19-10-2021, 02:08 PM   #3804
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I know the feeling quite well, seeing plenty of good deals on FB Market place which I'm missing out on cause I'm locked down....such is life!
Indeed, I even had one car shipped up because I felt short of projects.

Locked in my wonder buy, a Flexiglass rear ladder rack for $75, pick up early November. Getting closer to resolving the issue of transporting 3.6m farm gates on Povo Ute.
Old 21-10-2021, 10:15 AM   #3805
slowsnake
Banned

Just sent an email to ICON Cancer Centre, supposed to consult about radiation treatment after foregoing chemotherapy.
Not sure what the go is but they want a $100 just to talk, I said no, they said you can claim some of it back on medicare?

How can a public patient be charged by a private company for medical treatment?....got me stuffed, I told all the doctors except my GP that I want to be left alone now, just left in peace, what don't they understand?....I am very happy, sated even with my life, happy, happy and more happy, can they not understand that?

I feel good about owning my own life, it's my business not theirs anymore, why can't they leave me alone, I'm happy, there is a certain satisfaction in knowing what's coming, I'm cool with it!
Old 21-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #3806
Kicking back

So a mate of mine asked why i have 2 bbqs. He didnt say it, but i knew exactly why he was asking. So the 4 burner in my car port was my old one, replaced by the stainless 6 burner with side burner thats on my deck. So the 4 burner i pinched the gas regulator off as the 6 burner had a natural gas reg and my house doesn't have gas.
So i ordered a gas reg slapped that on the 4 burner, hooked up my spare 9kg bottle and yeah, after 9 years of sitting it works perfect. So last night i says to mate come check this out. Yeah it needs a clean, but for a free bbq i dont think its unreasonable to have to clean it. So my mates pretty happy i gifted it. Its pretty standard issue hooded 4 burner. A flat plate, a grill plate but i also fitted a rotisserie kit so thats a bonus.
My masterclass about rotating meats is pretty simple. Plates out, flame tamers out. Keep the temp at 180, and an hour per kg. So a 1 kilo roast=1 hour. 1.5kg=90 minutes and so on. It almost sounds too easy. But having the metal rod through the meat makes it cook from both the outside and the centre.
Old 21-10-2021, 03:29 PM   #3807
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Just sent an email to ICON Cancer Centre, supposed to consult about radiation treatment after foregoing chemotherapy.
Not sure what the go is but they want a $100 just to talk, I said no, they said you can claim some of it back on medicare?

How can a public patient be charged by a private company for medical treatment?....got me stuffed, y, there is a certain satisfaction in knowing what's coming, I'm cool with it!
Quite easily. I've a few here from oncologists, cancer specialist centres and throat specialists if you'd like some

You'll probably find that you're only a public patient in a public Hospital
Old 21-10-2021, 03:37 PM   #3808
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Quite easily. I've a few here from oncologists, cancer specialist centres and throat specialists if you'd like some

You'll probably find that you're only a public patient in a public Hospital
They had me as an " outpatient, elective surgery? " for 4 years, in a public hospital, or the public system, for lung cancer?...they wait too long to operate, drag the chain, so go in staged 1a and come out staged 3a?
Now I am to be charged for their mistakes, told em to bill James Hardie, have paid taxes and the Medicare levy now they want more, told em to leave me alone, its really stressing me out, they will not leave me alone Gasolane, I'm nearly 69 and just so very tired now, just want to be left in peace eh!
Old 21-10-2021, 03:40 PM   #3809
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
They had me as an " outpatient, elective surgery? " for 4 years, in a public hospital, or the public system, for lung cancer?...they wait too long to operate, drag the chain, so go in staged 1a and come out staged 3a?
Now I am to be charged for their mistakes, told em to bill James Hardie, have paid taxes and the Medicare levy now they want more, told em to leave me alone, its really stressing me out, they will not leave me alone Gasolane, I'm nearly 69 and just so very tired now, just want to be left in peace eh!
Same as going to a Dr who doesn't bulk bill. Doesn't matter how long you've paid tax for you pay the Dr's price and get a bit back from Medicare.
Old 21-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #3810
slowsnake
Banned

Ch 72 Perth time 12:30pm "Bullit" yeh good old Steve McQueen at his best, check your TV guides over east, if on free to air TV!,