Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FTF Car Club of NSW > Club Events

Old 03-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #31
Micksxboxmods
BF FPV GT-P Goodness.....

Bugger, will have to duck away for an hour or so, might go in driving events then, depending on wait for scrutineering as will have to get back to WSID.
Micksxboxmods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #32
Micksxboxmods

Guys,
What did everyone think?? I was a 'little' disappointed to say the least.

1. poorly organised, considering they knew the numbers of entrants

2. wheres the showbags that they ran out of?? was supposed to get yesterday?(how can you run out when you know how many entrants there are)

3.How can you keep 20-30 cars waiting for over an hour to do an event, then tell them to get off without doing the event they paid to do??

4. pushed for time....lmfao...then they have a 40min pause between events and to top it off, we have the organiser/ promoter of the event go and bo, not 1, but 2 burnouts in quick sucession.

5.Compare Summernats to Supernats.......there is NO comparison, one of the best parts of Supernats is the no alcohol policy, however, d!ckheads doing helis in the carpark and on the track with little kids around, other competitors nice cars around....I was not impressed.

my 2 cents worth...

Unfortunately I wont be entering another Supernats event. Seemed to me to be a money grabbing festival.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #33
mrih8hsv

very valid points mick have to agree with all above statements

tuned to 325rwkw drag tune 346 kw atw drag tune
12.6 @ 111mph wsid dec 2008
12.4 @ 113 mph wsid april 2009
12.2 @ 117mph wsid may 2009
11.7 @ 122mph wsid nov 2009
mrih8hsv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #34
bunter
F.T.F Member

Firstly
Thanks to all the FTF members that made it to the show and it was great to see you all and spend the time to take and enjoy the time we had.

Our cars looked good and we had a great display.

Secondly
I have to agree with you Mick not happy, people had to wait to get into the place to begin with and we got there early enough.

Safety was an issue, they stopped part of an event while waiting for people to get away from the wall in pit lane 200m down the track BUT they let cars race down the track while there was a car stalled at the finish line ? How does that work.

show bag my *** a hat and a shirt, no stickers or any thing else.

As for the cruise on the track that was a joke with losers doing burn outs on the track and holding everyone up, so they had to stop people for doing that and warn them that stopped everyone and in doing that people only got 3.1/4 lap at 2 kmh, with cars over heating.

I have rubber stuck all over the front of my car from a idiot in a orange XC, i was about to get out and rip him a new *******, if he had done it a 2nd time he would have had a health problem.

I know running a large event like that takes allot of work, but if its not planed well enough this is what you end up with, and that’s what we got.

I know I paid my entrant fee late and it cost me $100 but with saying that I think I wasted my money and got ripped off.

I didn’t enter any events just the show & shine and cruise the track, I feel sorry for the guys who paid for other events that didn’t get to do them.

Im with you mick I will not be entering this next year or any other year if Ahmet has anything to do with it.

Now that’s my 45c worth.

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Ebony Black 2000 V6 Ford Cougar
bunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #35
fox270
The Fox

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising and running the AFF team at the Nulon national events. 

Hey guys I have to agree also. But I entered almost all the events so I got my moneys worth. I did spend almost the whole day waiting on the track for the events .
So I miss the club lunch and almost had no time to talk to anyone.
I won't be back next year.
I did however enjoy competing in all the events.

Rapid means fast..
F6

Oztek Performance
fox270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #36
DEVINCHY

I agree will all comments above
compared to Summernats ............there is no comparision
considering that it was unorganised and Amhet is a bloody joke( Tara heard he needs body guards when he goes out) ... I still had a good day ..we had good company and I think the club represented well
Old 09-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #37
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Im glad im away and missing all the.... Fun?

I think ill be going to Kandos in the new year if anything.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #38
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

The FTF display was pretty good, some nice cars there.
I saw the red ED/B/A Wagon from behind and thought...I can smell a sleeper. Sure enough, Turbo 4lt, awesome!
You guys must have been close for the best Club display? It was the only one organised enough that you knew it was a club display! Although, would be hard to compete with the Rods that were behind you.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #39
Micksxboxmods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
The FTF display was pretty good, some nice cars there.
I saw the red ED/B/A Wagon from behind and thought...I can smell a sleeper. Sure enough, Turbo 4lt, awesome!
You guys must have been close for the best Club display? It was the only one organised enough that you knew it was a club display! Although, would be hard to compete with the Rods that were behind you.
thanks mate, betcha couldn't guess which car mine was...lol
Old 09-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #40
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the above remarks are why I didn't waste my money going to it.

I expected it to turn out exactly how it has.

My boss went to it and arrived at 10am with his son, handed over $50 only to be told they had no change. It miraclessly appeared when he told them he would go in for free if they couldn't give him change

He said he should have listened to me and saved his money. Just a shambles in his opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micksxboxmods
Seemed to me to be a money grabbing festival.
Mick, that is all it ever was.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #41
Micksxboxmods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
All the above remarks are why I didn't waste my money going to it.

I expected it to turn out exactly how it has.

Mick, that is all it ever was.
Wish I had of known Dave, I would not of bothered either.

The only good thing was to see the awesome cars out there and meet up with club members

Last edited by Micksxboxmods; 09-11-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #42
fox270
The Fox

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising and running the AFF team at the Nulon national events. 

I have never been to the summernats but they make the news.
What does that say about the supernats.
I haven't seen anything in the news about it so couldn't have been that big.

Rapid means fast..
F6

Oztek Performance
fox270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #43
mrih8hsv

The only good thing was to see the awesome cars out there and meet up with club members i think you hit the nail on the head with that statement mick overall it wasnt a bad day abit unorganised in places etc but when it comes down to it i had some fun running in the go-whoa and running in the drags along with showing off my car in the show and shine and hanging with my fellow ftf members.I would like to thank all the club members that turned up and put in a great effort setting up and then packing up at the end of the day well done guys.

tuned to 325rwkw drag tune 346 kw atw drag tune
12.6 @ 111mph wsid dec 2008
12.4 @ 113 mph wsid april 2009
12.2 @ 117mph wsid may 2009
11.7 @ 122mph wsid nov 2009
mrih8hsv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #44
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrih8hsv
The only good thing was to see the awesome cars out there and meet up with club members i think you hit the nail on the head with that statement mick overall it wasnt a bad day abit unorganised in places etc but when it comes down to it i had some fun running in the go-whoa and running in the drags along with showing off my car in the show and shine and hanging with my fellow ftf members.I would like to thank all the club members that turned up and put in a great effort setting up and then packing up at the end of the day well done guys.

2nd the last point matt. great turn out by the club and congrats to meg and eric picking up runner up muscle car award. :

the day started with me telling ahmet how to run a show and where we are setting up our display :

then we had to buy an event shedule :

apart from the huge waiting times for driving events (and no classes, xr8's running wrx's and pro cars running 20 sec 1/4 cars : : ) i had some good fun.
but once again the tos5ers and ricers ruin the day by doing burnouts to impress their 15 yr old girlfriends!!!!!

at least the cops did get some of them outside on cobbity rd.

yeah i won't be back next year.
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #45
bunter
F.T.F Member

what clubs won awards does anyone know ?

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Ebony Black 2000 V6 Ford Cougar
bunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #46
DEVINCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter
what clubs won awards does anyone know ?
the hot rod club won best presented and most attended
BTW guys anyone wanting to check out some of the pics of the day go to the taz photography web site and go to gallery
Old 10-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #47
DEVINCHY

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
2nd the last point matt. great turn out by the club and congrats to meg and eric picking up runner up muscle car award. :
They won top late muscle car :