Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-09-2023, 11:28 AM   #1
Yunus
Starter Motor

Cool Best cheap ignition coils. For Mondeo Ecoboost turbo

I had an issue with my 2012 Mondeo Ecoboost. The car would momentarily hesitate at lower rpms cruising at low speed. It was especially noticable while engine was cold. I was suspect of transmission so I had mechanic change dct fluid. It didn't solve the problem.

Changed the iridium spark plugs but that didn't solve it either.

Now I finally changed the ignition coils and have resolved the issue. After lots of research I found these coils on Amazon. I purchased them 130 dollars for 4 coils free delivery from US with prime. I installed them myself. Using a small amount Dielectric grease as can be seen on YouTube. Note motorcraft part number dg546 is listed so it matches.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Partselect...%2C283&sr=8-14

After installation give it about 50 km of driving. My impression is that the cars computer makes adjustments?

If purchased locally cheapest at supercheap was 80 dollars per coil goss brand. My 2 favourite autoparts sites sparesbox and automotive superstore 65 dollars each Bosch brand.

Problem solved. Check my pictures��

I am so impressed with the quality of the coils!

Last edited by Yunus; 02-09-2023 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Add link
Yunus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-09-2023, 10:58 PM   #2
Yunus
Starter Motor

Default Re: Best cheap ignition coils. For Mondeo Ecoboost turbo

Installed pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20230902_123003829.jpg (101.0 KB, 14 views)
Yunus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post