Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 18-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #31
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE ALE
There is to be a protest at Port Adelaide on the Adelaide cup weekend in march. For a drag strip to be built in Adelaide. apparently the road where the cop station is located (dont know the name,live down south) is to be blocked off, and various race cars will be there as well as media people in support. The above footage is of a fledgling top fuel team. We hope to be able to bring this motor in a corvette funnycar. And do a startup.
PALE ALE i believe we have met before!!
Old 18-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #32
PALE ALE

Geeeeez,sorry SPK-250. I just realised we have met before. Good to have another ford bloke in the shed
PALE ALE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 01:55 AM   #33
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE ALE
Geeeeez,sorry SPK-250. I just realised we have met before. Good to have another ford bloke in the shed
Its all good mate.

Hey how's the dragster coming along?? It sucks working arvo's as i dont get to see whats going down much or get amongst it. I bet Scott's revved up that a new track is now more reality than ever. I know i am as i get to stretch the Cortina's legs legally.
Old 19-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #34
PALE ALE

Not real good.After some good progress with Gary Evans deciding to come and help us. It was decided to send the chassis to Murray Andersons to be back halved (oilpump/chassis issue). Murray has since given Scott some bad news about the chassis ( I,ll let Scott fill you in on the story). So the dragster that Scott rolled at AIR has been sent over to be front/back halved (Murray built it anyway).It will be built to current SFI spec used by NHRA top fuel. Scott wants to get in touch with you about a possible trip to Mildura this weekend
Old 20-02-2008, 01:38 AM   #35
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mildura! Would that be to visit 1 of 2 Top Fuel teams there?

Maybe we could put a twin turbo Clevo in the Mckinney and race it in modified!?
Old 20-02-2008, 04:01 AM   #36
BradSV8
Starter Motor

Hi guys this is my first post. Just spreading the word on the rally in march.

Hope to see you all there. Lets show our support!!
BradSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #37
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with opto - Why build it on Garden Island when there is all that vacant land at the end of the Port adelaide Expressway - for you SA guys it's where the old Deane Rifle range used to be. You have two major roads for access and no housing in the area - it's perfect.

I lived in WA for 7 years and moved back to Adelaide in 2000 - in the last couple of years in WA I watched the building of the Motorplex and something along those lines could easily be built here in SA. I wouldn't imagine they would do anything with AIR/Speedway Park as housing is slowly encroaching on that area.

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #38
PALE ALE

Maaaate,she's gonna be hot(weather), hope there's still gonna be a good turnout. I have to correct a previous post. We will be displaying the dragster instead of the funny car, and there will be no startup because of noise concern's