Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 15-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Dragon Lady
Starter Motor

Default SBR 3UP Car Ride

Well our fearless leader, Typhoon Ken, 'The Prez', had his SBR 3Up car ride today, so I thought I would share some pics with you all.

For those of you who didn't know, Ken was lucky enough to win one of the raffles at the SBR Open Day last month and the prize was a ride in the 3UP car!

From the smile on his face after the ride had finished, I think he had a good time!

Cheers,
Glenda

2008 Mondeo XR5 in Sea Grey
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
Blue Thunder 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Lady
Well our fearless leader, Typhoon Ken, 'The Prez', had his SBR 3Up car ride today, so I thought I would share some pics with you all.

For those of you who didn't know, Ken was lucky enough to win one of the raffles at the SBR Open Day last month and the prize was a ride in the 3UP car!

From the smile on his face after the ride had finished, I think he had a good time!

Cheers,
Glenda

You lucky, lucky b?????d Ken. : Fancy the Prez winning that. : You sure it wasn't rigged? Ha! Ha! :hihi: Bet you enjoyed every second of it. Good on ya! :thebirds:

Shane
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
SP Ken

G'day all,

Yep, I was lucky alright. I bought a $5.00 pair of shorts just before closing at the SBR Open Day and won the last ride to be drawn. Pretty good investment even if I never wear the shorts.

Glen drove the car and did a great job. What was it like? Well we all know it will go quick and that its a given that it will stop well with those big Brembos filling the wheels. But the biggest thing I found was the huge amounts of grip. It just doesn't lose traction. I understand that Glen wouldn't push past what he thought was safe with customers in the car but it is just insane how much grip it has. Also I sat in the back and I thought that would suck. Actually it was great, you have a great view out the front and you look straight at the Motec on the dash. You also get to see what he is doing with his feet. It is a tight fit getting in and out of there though.

All in all a good time was had by all.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 16-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
phoon
BOLLOCKS

That ride couldnt have gone to a more worthy winner and all round nice bloke.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #5
Mr Mooch
Mr Mooch

Talking You are right there Phoon

I was standing beside Ken when his number came up.
I have to admit he was one very happy boy.
Judging by these photos he certainly enjoyed the day.
I reckon the only way they could squeeze me into that back seat would be to grease me up first. But what a hoot - one day!!

Mr Mooch
Old 18-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
BOSS 8
FG GT

There was also another lucky Club Member who won a 3UP ride.So congratulations also to Gary Eggins who said it was the best thing he had ever done e apart from getting married that is.
BOSS 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post