Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #1
Brodes
Brodes

Default 2nd Hand Car Dealer Contract

How long have you had to wait for a 2nd hand car dealer to carry out a repair obligation on a recently purchased vehicle? And if it's been a long time what action have you taken to speed it up?

We recently bought a 2013 Kia Rondo, the driver's side mirror surround was cracked as well as indicator lens on it, not a big deal, nothing major but he agreed to replace it if we bought it and would let us know when he found a suitable part. This was all on the signed contract.
5 weeks later still nothing and with several phone calls to him he claims not to have found a 2nd hand replacement at all (search 2013 Kia Rondo and not many were sold in Australia), and is not willing to pay for a brand new item - $800, fair enough. However seeing as there is low possibility to have one wrecked for spare parts anytime soon, I feel the brand new part may be his only option, I'm not prepared to wait an endless amount of time for his budget requirements. Contacting CBS they've informed me that the dealers are bound to their contracts but no time frame limits are detailed.

Advice appreciated.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2nd Hand Car Dealer Contract

the rules for stat warranty dealer cars are found easily enough. I believe you have 2 or 3 months to inform the dealer in writing. Then the dealer has a very short window to rectify the problem.

Usually cosmetic issues are not covered, but if the indicator lens is cracked, then i believe it would fall under roadworthy consideration, and therefore the stat warranty could be used.
falcon_bandit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2018, 05:02 PM   #3
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/kia-rond...0AAOSwL7VWoq06
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just pick up the phone Monday
Motor trades *** of South Australia

RAA technical advice or legal advice

Dept consumer Affairs
Old 08-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #5
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it’s in the contract to be fixed, then that’s the end of it. They need to fix it. New or used parts it’s got to be done. Sounds like they need to whipped harder or take it further up as posts above.