Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #481
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

You can certainly hit the limiter in the auto if you put it in manual shift mode. At least you could on an fg mk1.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
This user likes this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #482
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
I haven't read a Falcon owners manual lately so I cant comment on that. For my own car which is a Mitsubishi the manual says dont rev the engine into the red zone (so beyond the red line) as it can cause engine damage. Warranty is voided for inappropriate use and I'm guessing that would cover over revving. I know that engines can withstand being revved to the cut out but manufacturers dont really like you testing it out.

I guess they wouldn't be too happy if it happened on numerous occasions, but if it isn't happening too often then I can't see that should be an issue.
I think the logical question that a customer could ask is, "why did you set the engine cutout to a rev limit that might harm the engine with a moderate number of cutout events".

Cars with the power of the Turbo's and XR8's can hit the limiter in 1st gear very easily and after all we are supposed to look at the road when driving.
Old 30-04-2015, 08:33 PM   #483
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
Did it get picked up, and did they give you a loan car this time
Yes it got picked up bright and early this morning. No loan car but I'm not to fussed.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
6 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #484
Trump
bitch lasagne

And the waiting game begins...
Old 30-04-2015, 10:21 PM   #485
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

I think we should have a candlelight vigil and a minutes silence for your car mate.

Seems to be the in thing at the moment.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #486
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We have been asked to post the following brief statement from FoA so we are doing so in the interest of fairness:

While Ford cannot comment on the specifics of Ben’s case, Ford stand behind the performance and durability of the XR8 and have been in contact to resolve the situation.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 01-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #487
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Great to see ford taking note here and making comment thanks Russell and thankyou Ford Australia.

Looking more positive now.

However as a side note part of me wonders how much was require or would be required for ford to take another look at it and what made them take a second look. Makes me wonder the amount of people who have just accepted their claims were denied.

Last edited by 99AUXR; 01-05-2015 at 11:41 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #488
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I can see the situation from both viewpoints.
From Ford's, their cars are built to a price and within that price a tolerance compromise must be made. These cars are not bulletproof and are not primarily track orientated cars. They're just family cars with some semi go fast parts added for street use.
To cope with track use would require more tolerances built into the cars and that would drive the costs up.

In saying that, Ford (and makes with similar policies) should reconsider their marketing strategy regarding performance figures of their cars and how these are obtained and their policy on customers repeating these. You cannot blame the customer that buys a stock XR8 in the full belief of it being able to handle a few track sessions here and there in full factory guise.

If only I could get my hands on a lovely GT3 RS 4.0.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #489
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
We have been asked to post the following brief statement from FoA so we are doing so in the interest of fairness:

While Ford cannot comment on the specifics of Ben’s case, Ford stand behind the performance and durability of the XR8 and have been in contact to resolve the situation.

Regards
Russ
It is good that something is happening with the car, but if this thread was not created, would FoA still want anything to do with the car?

Just makes you think, why did FoA just blow him off to begin with, I am sure what they are doing to the car now could have been done when it first went back.
4 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #490
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
Just makes you think, why did FoA just blow him off to begin with, I am sure what they are doing to the car now could have been done when it first went back.
Because the car was flagged as tuned. Automatically that voids drive train. He escalated it which has prompted them to look into it.

Really don't see how this is complicated. The complicated thing is why has this PCM flagging a unjistified tune when the OP is saying that he hasn't put one on.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:24 PM   #491
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Because the car was flagged as tuned. Automatically that voids drive train. He escalated it which has prompted them to look into it.

Really don't see how this is complicated. The complicated thing is why has this PCM flagging a unjistified tune when the OP is saying that he hasn't put one on.
The disappointing thing for me is the OP insists it has never been fiddled with. When Ford first came back with the original dagnostic and the OP subsequent denial then Ford should have been a bit more proactive with investigating it instead of fobbing him off.

I appreciate that dealers have to handle a number of warranty claims that are caused by abuse but when their first reaction is to deny a claim it isn't cool.

The other concern is that Ford used this place to get intel on the OP to deny his claim. Nothing I read in the OP's car thread indicated any more sort of abuse but because the car attend a test and tune that was enough for them to deny the claim.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #492
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

They would have a lot more work on their plate if they fully investigated every case like this. How many people that have had their cars tuned and break something try and sneak it past the dealer?

It sucks to be on the other side of it like Kempy is but has there been any other cases similar where you can say Ford should've had a precedent on how to act?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:09 PM   #493
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
They would have a lot more work on their plate if they fully investigated every case like this. How many people that have had their cars tuned and break something try and sneak it past the dealer?

It sucks to be on the other side of it like Kempy is but has there been any other cases similar where you can say Ford should've had a precedent on how to act?
There would be plenty for sure.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #494
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR View Post
Great to see ford taking note here and making comment thanks Russell and thankyou Ford Australia.

Looking more positive now.

Yes it is good to see Ford taking note
Makes you wonder really why it had to play out like this in the 1st place.
If due diligence and "customer 1st" logic was applied - it would have negated much of the negative sentiment on here and given Ford the chance to "refresh" their image and move on this much more quickly and amicably. Why drag people through the mud 1st and then spend time mopping up.

Without Falcon and Territory and FPV - their market demograhic just got that much smaller and harder to maintain. With warranty being such a big marketing advantage for players like Hyundai and Kia - you'd think that other companies playing catch up in the sales figures would be more conscious of how their warranties are presented , managed and honoured. Its becoming more and more a deciding factor for many new car purchasers.

So Kempy - really hope it works out and that your car was indeed not tampered with or tuned - otherwise its gonna make a whole lot of us that supported the argument look really stooooopid.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 01-05-2015, 02:14 PM   #495
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

It isn't that Ford should be able to deny warranty but this isn't the first time where people have had warranty claims denied with only verbal notification. For a big ticket item like this the dealer and Ford should be sure of their facts and put it in writing. The reason they don't is that they can held accountable where they have wiggle room but not committing these things to paper.

It wasn't until the OP asked for something officially that he got some action.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #496
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ford should investigate every case fully before denying a claims. It is not up to OP to make sure that Ford have enough staff to cover the work. He purchased a car, had a warranty claim took it back and was denied a claim when because basically it was not investigated completely.

He spent a large sum of money on a car and basically got told bad luck. How is that fair.
5 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 02:44 PM   #497
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
The disappointing thing for me is the OP insists it has never been fiddled with. When Ford first came back with the original dagnostic and the OP subsequent denial then Ford should have been a bit more proactive with investigating it instead of fobbing him off.

I appreciate that dealers have to handle a number of warranty claims that are caused by abuse but when their first reaction is to deny a claim it isn't cool.

The other concern is that Ford used this place to get intel on the OP to deny his claim. Nothing I read in the OP's car thread indicated any more sort of abuse but because the car attend a test and tune that was enough for them to deny the claim.
I would say refusing is to get rid of the people trying to pull one over Ford. By escalating it Ford then have gone to see why. Its not like people don't try and scam dealers on warranty when they shouldn't be entitled. If they investigated every time a person denying doing something that they shouldn't then we would be paying much more money for Ford products and services.

Why did the monitoring of the ECU become important from BF. I'd say there were many people doing some shifty stuff with their car and then expect warranty by returning it to stock. When you go aftermarket the shop only give you a 3 month guarantee....not 3 years.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #498
BIONIC MAN
Two turning.. two burning

Given what I consider the pathetic promotion and advertising Ford \FPV has(nt) done with the entire FG range, turbo 6 included, Ford needs to realise that it's guy's like kempy that are selling these cars for them, on here and other social media, talking up the performance of these things standard, posting photos showing how a few simple mods anyone can do like wheels lowering etc can make the cars look awesome and personalized for each individual. Hell I would not have even realized Ford dumped the 5.4 and made a blown 5 litre if I didn't read about it on here and other non Ford media. Don't remember seeing any TV or even magazine ads showing a blown Ford ute doing circle work... But I remember plenty of the other brand across all media forms.

What I am saying is, sure Ford does not want to open the floodgates with a heap of claims from thrashed, raced street cars, but if something does go wrong that is not a clear cut case like this one... All we want is a bit of common sense and claims to be assessed on a case by case basis, and not just told to go away cause your car has aftermarket wheels or similar stupidity..
This forum is full of guys promoting the brand... And they should be thanked for their loyalty.

There can be a lot of goodwill value spread on here if Ford sometimes does go beyond its obligations in repairing a couple of cars here and there or working something out with the owner.

BLOWN, 2013 FPV GS UTE
TURBO TERRITORY GHIA
545ci XB GS UTE
Daily, 2006 F250 crew cab
BA2 Fairmont Ghia
7 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #499
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
I would say refusing is to get rid of the people trying to pull one over Ford. By escalating it Ford then have gone to see why. Its not like people don't try and scam dealers on warranty when they shouldn't be entitled. If they investigated every time a person denying doing something that they shouldn't then we would be paying much more money for Ford products and services.

Why did the monitoring of the ECU become important from BF. I'd say there were many people doing some shifty stuff with their car and then expect warranty by returning it to stock. When you go aftermarket the shop only give you a 3 month guarantee....not 3 years.
Why could they not add something to the scan tool to pick up if the PCM had been flashed? Then every work shop could look at this, would minimise the cost and people with legit claims would be able to get the car repaired instead of the claim being denied.

I think that Ford change the way they think and actually investigate the claim instead of passing the buck.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #500
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Who said the car had been tuned in the first place? Dealer or was it actually downloaded at FoA? Can the scan tools in the workshop get it wrong? Or are we just misreading that PCM comment?

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 01-05-2015, 04:35 PM   #501
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post

Regards
Russ
That's great, but I have to wonder why Ford did not post it here themselves
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 04:49 PM   #502
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIONIC MAN View Post
There can be a lot of goodwill value spread on here if Ford sometimes does go beyond its obligations in repairing a couple of cars here and there or working something out with the owner.
I agree goodwill goes a long way and there have been some good will stories on here over the years and kudos to ford for it.

Human nature and the ease of trial by social media these days means as a whole we can easily forget the good things and without mercy crucify for the bad.

In this case the appearance that Ford has showed some considerable short comings if in fact the denied claim was so easily dismissed without at least an adequate investigation could have been alleviated if the Dealership had played an even bigger role by giving more support to their customer.

The Dealer knows Ford and how it operates and it knows its customer thoughts, it should have taken the initiative and intermediated between the two to help them understand each other’s position.

That simple approach would have saved this thread from opening up.

It doesn’t mean Ford isn’t right and it doesn’t mean the OP isn’t entitled to warranty, it means a more professional approach.

On a personal note I believe the vehicle should have been able to cope with some full throttle runs and the warranty should be honoured.
4 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #503
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Given Ford is reading this thread can you please document I have only ever opened the bonnet of my 2014 F6 to check the fluids, it's never been touched.....bog stock....just in case I give it a boot and something breaks and you go through my posts - Thank you...... I'd be chasing a loan car too
Old 01-05-2015, 05:38 PM   #504
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

You know what gets me...

Someone form Ford spent a bit of time looking for evidence to dismiss the claim, yet spent bugger all time investigating the failure.

Now its become a public relations issue they have returned to the table.

It certainly goes against the customer focussed turnaround the Dealers are trying to push.

It still appears to be all about them and this is a typical damage control response.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #505
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

I think this thread also raises some interesting questions for Ford and the venue organiser

1) is it ford company policy to have its representatives monitor individuals in a public area conducting perfectly legal activities? If it is Ford company policy, where is this policy written and when did the driver agree to having his legal activities monitored?

2) at any time, did Ford advise and receive permission from the venue organiser that they would be monitoring individuals whilst these individuals were conducting perfectly legal activities?

3) at any time, did the venue organiser advise the drivers that representatives from Ford were on-site monitoring and recording drivers/cars

4) at any time, did Ford representatives make themselves know and advise driver(s) that their perfectly legal activities were being recording

5) at any time, did Ford representatives make themselves known and advise any driver(s) that their perfectly legal activity, may be in potential breach of Ford warranty

Get yourself a lawyer as these are questions I'd be seeking clarification on.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #506
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Cheap, revisit the initial post. The photos were posted up to this forum, and taken from there. Moral number 1 for all, don't post your photos unless you watch to jeopardise future warranty claims.

Interesting that a Ford rep came to the dealer with the photos...who actually read the PCM and using what tool?

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 01-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #507
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

^ my bad
Old 01-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #508
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

what gets me is taking it down the drags is no different to what any of us have done/do on the road .. we all drive our cars ..hope it all turns out all good for kempy
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
Old 01-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #509
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by comagutsa View Post
what gets me is taking it down the drags is no different to what any of us have done/do on the road .. we all drive our cars ..hope it all turns out all good for kempy
You drive on public roads differently to me

Or maybe you don't know what really happens dragging your car at a legal drag strip ?
Old 01-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #510
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Cheap, revisit the initial post. The photos were posted up to this forum, and taken from there. Moral number 1 for all, don't post your photos unless you watch to jeopardise future warranty claims.

Interesting that a Ford rep came to the dealer with the photos...who actually read the PCM and using what tool?
I was told the rep came with the orical machine and that's what reads what flashes it has had etc.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
Closed Thread