Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #391
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
When I say WOT I mean foot the the floor.

Answer the question please.
Old 28-04-2015, 09:07 PM   #392
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 
Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

The 335 only gets 60% throttle when the foot is flat to the floor. At our perceived WOT the factory tune only opens the throttle 60% is another way to say it. This is why tuning these cars gets great tune only gains.

Thats why a WOT with 100% throttle will have thrown an alarm code to Ford, it points to the car being tuned as it should not be getting more than 60%.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

Old 28-04-2015, 09:14 PM   #393
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

This is getting more interesting by the hour.
Old 28-04-2015, 09:14 PM   #394
Trump
bitch lasagne

To me, an unjustified flash doesn't mean the PCM has recorded an anomalous throttle event, it means someone within the Ford network has done an unauthorised or otherwise unexplained PCM update.

As a reference (knowing full well my XR was a turbo beast, but never tuned), I never saw a throttle opening greater than 75% with the foot to the floor in 2nd through 6th. So I am at odds with a 100% throttle opening in Kempy's car.
Old 28-04-2015, 09:23 PM   #395
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Would dealers have the potential to flash a car with a gtf tune?
Old 28-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #396
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Going to make for a boring AFD this year in Brisbane for all you new fancy ford owners. No track action for you.

Just as well. The Fairlane will be hopping this year;)
Old 28-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #397
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't think the dealers can do that 99AUXR. That's still not a 100% throttle anyway I think it's 80%.

I think there has been some misinterpretation here though, I dont think this is about a 100% throttle at WOT, I think they are saying there was a change to the ECU.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 09:47 PM   #398
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by End View Post
If you put this info with the other post this is what has happened.

For anyone to mention WOT in this context they mean the throttle position has gone to 100%. These engines don't allow for this.

The presence of a record other than Fords means that is what has allowed this to occur.

Secondary to this is treatment. By itself I would be surprised if it adds up to outright denial of claim.

What they are telling you is they believe your car has been tuned. That is the issue.

Focus on that alone.
Welcome to the forums mate

So, what's your involvement in this?
Old 28-04-2015, 09:48 PM   #399
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Going to make for a boring AFD this year in Brisbane for all you new fancy ford owners.
I was wondering about the AFF NATIONAL DRAG's at Heathcote in June, will there be Ford personnel present with cameras
Old 28-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #400
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
I was wondering about the AFF NATIONAL DRAG's at Heathcote in June, will there be Ford personnel present with cameras
You never know. That's why you take the plates off before it is raced and don't leave the bonnet up!
Old 28-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #401
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
To me, an unjustified flash doesn't mean the PCM has recorded an anomalous throttle event, it means someone within the Ford network has done an unauthorised or otherwise unexplained PCM update.

As a reference (knowing full well my XR was a turbo beast, but never tuned), I never saw a throttle opening greater than 75% with the foot to the floor in 2nd through 6th. So I am at odds with a 100% throttle opening in Kempy's car.
Yes, it reads like they are saying there is an "unjustified" flash count recorded. ie they found that the car has the stock tune in it, but it is not the original loading of said tune (it has been reloaded since build)...

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #402
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR View Post
Would dealers have the potential to flash a car with a gtf tune?

Yes. If they had a valid vin number it should work. Things of this type have been done in the past.
Old 28-04-2015, 10:36 PM   #403
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

enter scenario one. . . dealer flashes GTF tune goes for blast reflashes car to stock. . . .

In all honest super keen to know what they find with a better look at the ECU and if they can determine what the unjustified flashes were and who had performed them but doubt they can pull that much information.
Old 28-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #404
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Just take your plates off, problem solved lol.
Old 28-04-2015, 10:47 PM   #405
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Googling 'warranty misuse car' or 'warranty misuse motorsport' or 'warranty drag racing' conversations from all over the world pop up on the topic, it's not exactly new, and not exactly unique to Ford or FPV or HSV or.....

And the word misuse seems very prevalent as a discretionary catch all in automotive warranty docs. And the most common i.e. 'that is' is motorsport.

I ask the question though of the many who support Ford being in the wrong who would make the decision to take your own 'in warranty' car to the drags....without having it in the back of your heads theres a good chance it'll be used against you BEFORE this thread even came about. The whole you pay to play mantra has also been around a long time. We're very focussed on the drags/motorsport, but even on a public road a burnout (which to me could be the 'flash' referred to) is abuse in warranty terms. They spy rubber under your guards when you come in for a engine trans or driveline claim it'd have the same result.
nail hit on head,
while i hope kempys limo gets attention under warranty purely for good will that we would hope ford would exercise,
there is no way on gods green earth i would call going down the strip normal use.
Old 28-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #406
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Answer the question please.
No other mod has been done to give it more throttle.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
Old 28-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #407
08G63T

Kempy, do you get a loan car at least?

Ford gives you a loan car when you take it in for servicing. I assume a warranty claim would rank higher than just servicing.
Old 28-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #408
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08G63T View Post
Kempy, do you get a loan car at least?

Ford gives you a loan car when you take it in for servicing. I assume a warranty claim would rank higher than just servicing.
No loan car that I know of or been offered.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
Old 28-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #409
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How many K's were on your car when you collected it and how long had the dealer been in possession of it at that time?

Does this particular dealer have any affiliation with a performance shop or indeed have their own?
Old 28-04-2015, 11:03 PM   #410
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB View Post
How many K's were on your car when you collected it and how long had the dealer been in possession of it at that time?

Does this particular dealer have any affiliation with a performance shop or indeed have their own?
Can't remember how many ks where on it. Yes the dealer did or still has a tuner on the same premises not sure if they are still running thou.
331rwkw.

Old 28-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #411
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Can't remember how many ks where on it. Yes the dealer did or still has a tuner on the same premises not sure if they are still running thou.
And we have a weiner!
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #412
08G63T

Have ford said anything about the air filter? Can they use that as an excuse at all?
Old 28-04-2015, 11:12 PM   #413
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow,14 pages of speculation . Regardless of the outcome I have to question why this thread has been kept alive . In the past a thread was placed in a moderated ? area due to sensitive nature of negotiations, which was all well and good for the aggrieved party . That little episode left me more than a little concerned about the reliability/lifespan of my zf 6 sp. little conspiracy theories like confidentiality contracts being signed entered my head .Yet this one has flowed freely, I wonder why ?
In the mean time the Ford brand takes another bashing, poor dears can't win can they .
Old 28-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #414
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
And we have a weiner!
Kempy if Ford will not cover the warranty you need to go after the dealer. End obviously has inside knowledge on this situation. If your car has recorded 100% throttle plate opening it has to have been fiddled prior to you taking delivery because the stock tune WILL NOT allow 100% throttle plate actuation.

The common saying of WOT referring to 100% throttle pedal application does not allow 100% throttle actuation without the car having been fiddled with.

This is why Ford would have wiped their hands of it, the drags would've just been another nail in the coffin.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #415
99AUXR
Brad

Quote:
Interesting I think If ford can come to terms with the PCM flash issue and work out whats happened there I think there is a high chance they will honour the warranty claim. At this stage I think their biggest issue is PCM calibration and not the drag strip.
Old 28-04-2015, 11:16 PM   #416
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
Wow,14 pages of speculation . Regardless of the outcome I have to question why this thread has been kept alive . In the past a thread was placed in a moderated ? area due to sensitive nature of negotiations, which was all well and good for the aggrieved party . That little episode left me more than a little concerned about the reliability/lifespan of my zf 6 sp. little conspiracy theories like confidentiality contracts being signed entered my head .Yet this one has flowed freely, I wonder why ?
In the mean time the Ford brand takes another bashing, poor dears can't win can they .
The "poor" dealers have no one to blame but themselves for the predicament they are in.

The thread has flowed freely because it has been a discussion and exchange of ideas based around Kempy's warranty problem without blame being placed on specific entities beyond the general Ford brand.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 11:19 PM   #417
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by End View Post
If you put this info with the other post this is what has happened.

For anyone to mention WOT in this context they mean the throttle position has gone to 100%. These engines don't allow for this.

The presence of a record other than Fords means that is what has allowed this to occur.

Secondary to this is treatment. By itself I would be surprised if it adds up to outright denial of claim.

What they are telling you is they believe your car has been tuned. That is the issue.

Focus on that alone.
Interesting first post.

edited.
Old 28-04-2015, 11:24 PM   #418
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Just to clarify, a GS (315) gets 50% throttle and a GT (335) gets 60% throttle, changing them TO 80% is where the gains are made.

Have not checked a GTF, it may indeed have more but I suspect its 60% as a 335 is

Good luck Ben hope it gets sorted.

Daniel
4 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #419
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600 View Post
Just to clarify, a GS (315) gets 50% throttle and a GT (335) gets 60% throttle, changing them TO 80% is where the gains are made.

Have not checked a GTF, it may indeed have more but I suspect its 60% as a 335 is

Good luck Ben hope it gets sorted.

Daniel
Can you make it go to 100%? Would that give you a huge gain in a GS for example?
Old 28-04-2015, 11:26 PM   #420
99AUXR
Brad

why not 100%, keep TB from going to its limits and allow headroom??
Closed Thread