Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Default WS Zetec Continental Tyres

Hi Guys, guess what? Bad news got a nail in the front tyre of the Fez. It is in the outer edge of the tread and I fear not repairable. Only done 3800 ks its a right pain!!

Does anyone know of a stockest of 195x45 conti tyres (16's) in the Sydney Area? - at a good price of course.

Thanks for the help

Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Be interesting to see what price you get for one.. Apparently they are the expensive tyres...

On a side note... man those conti's are sticky...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 12:45 AM   #3
Zetec Dave

Contis from my experience and reported from others with VW Polos and Golfs have soft fragile sidewalls. Hit a pothole once and damaged the side wall. I can still hear that thump. *shiver* Had no clue how hitting a pothole could cause such sidewall damage but it did. Bloody expensive tyres too but didn't end up replacing them cause I replaced all 4 wheels and tyres shortly after to something bigger and better.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 02:40 AM   #4
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Even though this nail is near the edge, it still MIGHT BE repairable. The only way to know for certain is to have the tyre removed from the rim and check where the nail went through inside. If it's pointing away from the sidewall, there is a big possibility it can be repaired

The best bet is to go to a reputable tyre shop and get them to look at it. And make sure they are reputable and not one that's after a quick buck.

That's the best advise I can give, without physcially seing the tyre
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

No yet managed to find a stockest with the correct size in stock. nobody could give me a price over the weekend as all suppliers were shut. I am awaiting a phone back with a delivery and price from Bob Jane T Mart. This could well be only the beginning.

Thanks svo supporter for the helpful comments - the nail apperars to go straight in but it is only 10 to 15mm from the edge of the tread so I am not sure it is repairable but will ask and see.
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Nappa
Impressive...

just on a side note we've found that the zetec's have been coming with 3 different types of tyres. Some have the conti sports, some have Pirelli P zero's and some Hancock SV1's.

From experiance its gonna be a fair sting when it comes time to replace the pirelli's.

Last edited by Nappa; 19-10-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some Zetecs have come with Pirelli's???
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post