Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Default Brake Lights!!!

Right... Has anyone taken the rear light assembly out to change the brake bulb? Bloody hell, i'm usually fine with doing all this stuff... but these have got me stumped. looked in the manual and it says undo the screws...check... pull out assembly...doh! If anyone has the magic formula in pulling it out please let me know. already caught two fingers and scratched a bit of my duco from the locator pin slipping onto my paintwork ARRRGH! :togo:

Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Jess85

we took the light fitting off when fitting the altezza lights on my old car but didnt remove any bulbs. the plastic panels came off easy peasy and we used a screwdriver wrapped in a cloth to pop them out
Old 06-10-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
curik

Not too sure on the WP, but on my WS I took my lights off to put in some led globes, and there are actually 3 screws holding the brake assembly in place. 2 torx bolts (visible and removed easily), and the other one is at the back of the light (have to get the carpet lining out of the way to see it. I believe you didn't remove this third bolt. Once it is out of the way, the lights come off with a simple pull.
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yup. You'll need a weird-*** screw (some hexagon thing but the manual says philips head?). Just don't be afraid to break them, give them a good reefing out of their position. I believe IIRC there are small clips behind as well? The Ford manual list out how to do it but it's slightly tricky.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

thanks for the replies guys. will try again today. I've got the right allen key size that works for the screws, but was unaware about the third screw... sneeky. thanks again.
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Jim, there are 3 hex screws to undo, plus a plastic wing nut behind the light in the boot. There's a little flap in the boot liner you'll need to fold back to expose the nut, which can be unscrewed by hand.
Then just pull the light assembly straight out of the retaining clips.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

thanks again guys (inc FLed )
The service book ... including the european handbook only advise of 2 screws to undo... crazy germans.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

done... 1 hour later... had some issues with the replacement bulbs being not quite the right fit.. ie. sometime coming on. sometimes not.

thanks once again all
Old 25-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
Cespenar
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec jim
thanks again guys (inc FLed )
The service book ... including the european handbook only advise of 2 screws to undo... crazy germans.
My daughter's New 09 LX is made in the Chec Republic. Not Germany!
How many of you have the place of manufacture stickers in the engine bay?
Check it out please!
A couple of Focus here in Dubbo are made in Belgium. NOT Germany!
Cespenar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cespenar
My daughter's New 09 LX is made in the Chec Republic. Not Germany! How many of you have the place of manufacture stickers in the engine bay?
Firstly, I presume you mean Czech Republic. Being next to Germany, and having cheaper labor, I think you'll find many of the cars accessories are made there. That's right, accessories. My car isn't here right now but I believe the sticker you are referring to is under the bonnet on the back of the headlight, or IIRC there is another one to the right of this. Both are for components, as it clearly states of the sticker. European Fiestas are made in Spain and Germany.:rolleyes:
Old 25-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #11
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh I see, Czech Fiesta, Now if that badge was on a Czech girl you can forget about the Spanard pretty fast .

They make good stuff too. Everyone on here that ordered them early on are German cars, I'm not sure when they started sending them out from other factories. They will all be from Thialand soon and I bet all the factorys build much better cars than the Ford Geelong plant anyway
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will be very interested to see the Thai spec models (rumors they will offer a Titanium version now) but the built quality is what I'll be looking at. Geelong has improved massively, infact I think it easily tops Elizabeth HAHA!!! :P

Holly Valance has roots in the Czech Republic, and look at her! Not bad, not bad at all...
Old 25-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everyone will have the Chrome from the Titanium on their Zetecs I bet. The top 10 in the World are all either from the Czech Republic or next door in Slovakia. It's the place to go for all your wife hunting needs no doubt about that. Remains to be see how well they put together a Fiesta but Im sure it's fine. Geelong still have a bit to learn about how to paint cars properly and stop them going rusty
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post