Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Wheels for WS?

I'm after a set of wheels for my WS Fiesta, but I'm unsure where to look, at the moment, the 17" wheels from Mountune Performance have caught my eye, but I'd like to see what else is out there?

Thanks much.

Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
Fi.ES.TA

You are not going to get any wheels from Aus yet due to the euro offset
theres 5 sets i no of and only 2 i like 1 set from Bob jane and the other set i am getting see my wheel post the wheels are there.

The uk has around 30 sets of wheels currently for the fiesta but you will pay through the roof on tax to ship them over.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Here's the ones at wheelking

You can select 15,16,17 or 18" on the left.
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnealo
Here's the ones at wheelking

You can select 15,16,17 or 18" on the left.
Wow, $1800, is that how much wheels for euro cars usually cost?

With the taxes for shipping them over, what would you pay? They're just over $2000 base price once you convert money.
Old 13-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
Ben85

If the WS is the same as the WQ, Ozzy Tyres had a few to fit, i put Konig Wheels with rubber for $1600.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
south21

Tempe wheels and tyres have a few packages to fit fiesta.
south21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Liri

I've been having the same troubles trying to find wheels I like for my WS and finally had some luck on Saturday. There are a few sets available that I saw on the JAX tires website so I went down to see them and one of the guys showed me the new YHI catalog that he had just got his hands on.

There are about 4 or 5 more options from Advanti and Enkei available now and I'm going for some 17" Advanti Bliss wheels which are WS specific, the guys from JAX is calling me tomorrow with a price.
Liri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This company in the UK sends wheels all over the world, heaps of makes and styles to choose from.

Last time I looked into it the cost of buying a set of rims from them and air freighting them over here worked out cheaper than I could even get them for in Australia!

http://www.alloywheels.com/search.as...sta%20Mk%206-7
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #9
Zetec Dave

Did you factor in import duties of 15% for value of purchases worth $1000 AUD or more? If so, then that's cheap.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
WASP
Whipple Induced

I optioned the expensive factory 17" for my wifes Zetec and I have to say that even after 3-4 months of ownership, I'm still delighted with the choice. The design really suits the cars styling and fills the guards well. the only thing I don't like is the steering rack limiter which reduces the cars turning cycle.

Old 17-08-2009, 01:10 AM   #11
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Looks great Colville.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #12
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Did you factor in import duties of 15% for value of purchases worth $1000 AUD or more? If so, then that's cheap.
Yes Dave, even taking that into account it works out miles cheaper to buy them from overseas ... when you look around it really is an eye opener as to how much we are getting ripped off over here for pretty much anything.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Mountune 17" wheels are 1030 euro, with the exchange rate at $.58 AUD to 1 Euro, they come out at $1775.86 before shipping and import tax. Do you have to pay GST on top of the 10% import tax?

Anyone here who has had wheels shipped over from Europe, how much roughly did that cost?

Also, can you go in to a Ford dealership and buy the 17" Zetec wheels?
Old 18-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #14
Liri

I just got a call back from the bloke at JAX for my 17“ Advanti Bliss wheels he told me $1290 fitted and balanced, I’m pretty stoked with that now all I need now is my tax cheque
Old 18-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
Ben85

Wat sort of tyres with that? Because that is pretty cheap, i got a price like that when i was looking, but with rubbish tyres.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #16
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Mountune 17" wheels are 1030 euro, with the exchange rate at $.58 AUD to 1 Euro, they come out at $1775.86 before shipping and import tax. Do you have to pay GST on top of the 10% import tax?

Anyone here who has had wheels shipped over from Europe, how much roughly did that cost?

Also, can you go in to a Ford dealership and buy the 17" Zetec wheels?
From memory I don'tthink you pay GST on importation but you do get slugged 15% import duties for things $1000 or more.

The last time I asked about the 17" Zetec wheels at the dealer, they referred me straight to the company that they get it off and that was www.wheelking.com.au

Still having a hard time finding the right wheels for the Fiesta so got a feeling that I might eventually give in and just get those 17" Zetec wheels even if they cost an arm and a leg *Sigh*
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #17
Liri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
Wat sort of tyres with that? Because that is pretty cheap, i got a price like that when i was looking, but with rubbish tyres.
Yeah that's one thing I haven't yet queried with them, no use having flash looking wheels with bugger all grip. I'll be going down to see them in a week or two to do some more investigations so I'll let you all know what kind of rubber they offer for that price.
Old 18-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #18
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
From memory I don'tthink you pay GST on importation but you do get slugged 15% import duties for things $1000 or more.

The last time I asked about the 17" Zetec wheels at the dealer, they referred me straight to the company that they get it off and that was www.wheelking.com.au

Still having a hard time finding the right wheels for the Fiesta so got a feeling that I might eventually give in and just get those 17" Zetec wheels even if they cost an arm and a leg *Sigh*
Yeah, I figured out that the price of the wheels + import tax come to just a bit over $2000 before tyres and shipping, I estimated $300 in shipping? (Never had something heavy come from overseas before) $2300 for the wheels, without tyres.

I think I might just take off my hubcaps and roll with the black steelies, lower it slightly etc.
Old 18-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #19
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
I think I might just take off my hubcaps and roll with the black steelies, lower it slightly etc.
Only 16" but these would be all right. (Yes shameless self promotion : )
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
zbeasty

It depends if want wheels specifically done in the 4x108 or if you're happy to get something drilled to suit. Most wheels that have a centre cap can be bought as a blank and the distributor can drill them or you can do like me and choose a wheel and have it redrilled. I paid about $1300 for my 18's with tyres at Bob Jane a couple of years ago so there should be plenty to chose from if you go the redrill route.
zbeasty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #21
BruceT

Even a set of 4 standard Zetec 16" wheels with the stansard Continental 195/45VR 16 tyres are $2250 after market. Sheesh! That's 10% of the price of the car.
http://www.wheelking.com.au/Wheels/t...9/Default.aspx
I personally prefer the 16s (with the Continentals), which are very grippy in my experience.
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #22
BruceT

Out of interest, does anyone know the Australian price for the standard WS Zetec tyres, the ContiPremiumContact 2 195/45 R16 ?

I can't find an internet price.

This site doesn't have the correct size for the Zetec:
http://www.carbonblack.com.au/car-ty...contact-2.aspx
Old 24-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #23
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceT
Out of interest, does anyone know the Australian price for the standard WS Zetec tyres, the ContiPremiumContact 2 195/45 R16 ?

I can't find an internet price.

This site doesn't have the correct size for the Zetec:
http://www.carbonblack.com.au/car-ty...contact-2.aspx
Yeah, I think they're the same tyre on my 15" steelies, they're continental branded 195/50s.
Old 24-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #24
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I wouldn't bother with a 195. I went to 205's, lots more options at better prices. The 195 is an expensive pain in the ***, whoever makes it.
& I rate the Toyo Proxe T1R's over the Continental as well, especially in the rain.
Old 24-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #25
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
I wouldn't bother with a 195. I went to 205's, lots more options at better prices. The 195 is an expensive pain in the ***, whoever makes it.
& I rate the Toyo Proxe T1R's over the Continental as well, especially in the rain.
Yes but I have the 16" by 6.5" wheels:
http://www.wheelking.com.au/Wheels/t...9/Default.aspx
Are there 205mm tyres that fit on them? In fact how do you tell whether tyres will fit wheels from the tyre and wheel dimensions.
Eg. For 16" by 6.5" wheels, 6.5" is 165 mm. The tyres I have are:
195/45 R16 (84H) Conti PremiumContact 2 tyres, which means 195mm diameter, 45% profile, 16" radial for a 500 kg max load and 210 km/h max speed. See also here:
http://www.conti-online.com/generato...n;tabNr=4.html

For example will the 205/45 R16 (83W) Conti PremiumContact 2 tyres fit on 6.5" rims?
Old 24-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #26
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Well I went from 195/45/16s to 205/45/16s on the standard 16x6.5 rims. The outside diameter can only be a certain percentage larger than standard (can't remember what) but going to a 205 is within the limits.
Old 25-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #27
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Just done some more digging, the O/D of the 195 is 584mm & the 205 is 591mm according to Toyo. The difference is 1.19% & I think you can go 2%, but don't quote me on that.
Old 25-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #28
doctamick

In Victoria, the outside diameter of the tyre size cannot be increased by more than 15mm. Check out: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rd...340/0/VSI8.pdf

A well known tyre size calculator is available at: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Just type in the old and new tyre sizes and you can immediately determine the change in outer diameter and the effect that it will have on your speedo.
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #29
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will I void my warrenty or insurance by changing from a 195/16 45 to an equivlent 205 tyre? Price difference between the two is quite substancial, but not at the risk of voiding my warrenty of insurance.
Old 25-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
Liri

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Will I void my warrenty or insurance by changing from a 195/16 45 to an equivlent 205 tyre? Price difference between the two is quite substancial, but not at the risk of voiding my warrenty of insurance.
I have a background in motor insurance claims and I've never heard of someones insurance policy or claim being denied or voided simply because they have wheels or tires that are not the same as the ones from factory.

They might give you grief if you ever made a claim and they found that the wheels or tires were faulty and a direct factor or cause to an accident but the best thing to do would be to call your insurer and query it directly with them.